Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Buffalo better be right about their rookie because Peterman is not an answer.

At least Allen is somewhat used to playing behind a bad OL. His junior year, Wyoming had a decent line but he was scrambling big time his senior year.

I dont care how they do it but we need to get 2 or 3 new wrs on the roster next week. Zero separation by anyone and stone hands when a qb actually gets them the ball. Just an abysmal performance all around. Even the defense was dreadful. What was that???

Today was one of the saddest games I’ve watched at any level in a long time

Today was one of the saddest games I’ve watched at any level in a long time
Was it worse than the Louisville game last year? Where I had zero confidence we would stop them if they tried?

I mean atleast in the pros if you suck you get high draft picks.
Just enjoy the rookie QB and hope he develops.

I think sometimes the preseason gives valuable info. Play Allen, let him take his lumps. Win 2-3 games this year if that many, get the 1st or 2nd pick. Wheel and deal in free agency, going to have to cut a lot of these long time vets as well. This team is HORRENDOUS on offense and Dabol with a performance like that is on notice after the first game. That was beyond bad. I still wish they had not cut Streater. All of the WR's sucked yesterday and maybe they just do suck, starting to look that way.

Did Clay even play yesterday, he was 100% non factor

Need O Line, WR, another corner as well.

That was exactly the team that showed up in preseason.

Is Vontae Davis hurt or just washed up? He wasn't even active yesterday

I think sometimes the preseason gives valuable info. Play Allen, let him take his lumps. Win 2-3 games this year if that many, get the 1st or 2nd pick. Wheel and deal in free agency, going to have to cut a lot of these long time vets as well. This team is HORRENDOUS on offense and Dabol with a performance like that is on notice after the first game. That was beyond bad. I still wish they had not cut Streater. All of the WR's sucked yesterday and maybe they just do suck, starting to look that way.

DavIs not fully recovered from an injury last season. Hello, did they give him a pre-trade physical?

DavIs not fully recovered from an injury last season. Hello, did they give him a pre-trade physical?

He must have aggravated something as he played in the pre-season. Unfortunately corner is the least of our problems right now with this train wreck. Has anyone seen LIC, hope he didn't go on a bender after last night.

I say go OL with the draft pick as I see the season playing out like you mention with 2 or 3 wins. We need more than one but that will at least get us started. Dawkins is the only guy we have that I feel is a realistic NFL starter.

I say go OL with the draft pick as I see the season playing out like you mention with 2 or 3 wins. We need more than one but that will at least get us started. Dawkins is the only guy we have that I feel is a realistic NFL starter.

Looking at possibly $100m in cap space after the season. Sucks to have to pay a premium to secure players that way but if they are picking in the top 2 then it seems like it has to be Bosa or Oliver in Rd 1. Can't sacrifice value for need when drafting that high or you'll screw yourself long term. They have major needs everywhere .

Looking at possibly $100m in cap space after the season. Sucks to have to pay a premium to secure players that way but if they are picking in the top 2 then it seems like it has to be Bosa or Oliver in Rd 1. Can't sacrifice value for need when drafting that high or you'll screw yourself long term. They have major needs everywhere .

That's a really good point. I can see picking anyone but QB with the draft pick.

Assuming Allen is the guy the Bills would have to take the best player available as we have needs everywhere. Look at who we have lost the past few year via trades and FA - Darby, Woods, Watkins, Glenn, Goodwin, Dareus, Ragland Bradham, the CB who signed with NE etc. I know we had salary cap issues a few years ago so we couldn't match some of those offers but man just having 2 of those guys still on the team would have been helpful.

He must have aggravated something as he played in the pre-season. Unfortunately corner is the least of our problems right now with this train wreck. Has anyone seen LIC, hope he didn't go on a bender after last night.
Maybe but I remember hearing he wasn't fully recovered from Day 1 of training camp.

And so it goes. Allen works out and you can live with overpaying FAs. If he doesn't? We're stuck with more bad contracts while looking for a new QB. It's unbelievable how Paramount he is.

As elementary as it sounds that owners have a "get a QB or get lost" mindset it's kind of fair. These guys didn't just prefer Allen to Mahomes/Watson - they were 400% sure he was a better prospect based on the trades. I mean ok, but you probably should be fired if you're wrong.

And so it goes. Allen works out and you can live with overpaying FAs. If he doesn't? We're stuck with more bad contracts while looking for a new QB. It's unbelievable how Paramount he is.

As elementary as it sounds that owners have a "get a QB or get lost" mindset it's kind of fair. These guys didn't just prefer Allen to Mahomes/Watson - they were 400% sure he was a better prospect based on the trades. I mean ok, but you probably should be fired if you're wrong.

Well its fine if they preferred Allen over Mahomes and Watson as we have no idea what any of them will be in the long haul. The problem was the team was set to tank last year and set up for Buffalo to grab Allen and then go about their business. Of course in typical Buffalo fashion the one year were actually trying to lose we go out and win and get in the playoffs. That forced them to have to move Glenn and other picks to get Allen. If we had tanked like were heading this year we would have had Allen at out first pick, probably would still have had to move up slightly to get Edmunds but we would have had at least one of those extra second and third picks and could have gotten a WR and another OL or CB to add to the roster which would have been huge. Now were in it deep though things do look brighter with the amount of cap space and draft picks we will have for next year.

While I am looking forward to reading LongIslandCuse's thoughts I have a few of my own after watching that mess yesterday.

Clearly the McCarron trade was a mistake, Peterman is a total disaster out there. We should have kept McCarron and put Peterman on the practice squad or traded him to Rutgers or something. We should sign Matt Moore and get Peterman off the active roster. Guy doesn't have it period.

Speaking of trades, Beane and McDermott need to dial them back, they have gutted the roster. S many players lost the last few years who could be helping right now. Darby, Glenn, and Wood/Watkins especially.

At this point its clear based on the talent on the roster ( the lack thereof really) and the schedule this team will struggle to win 2-3 games and thats probably a stretch. Unless we can get a waiver to start FA or the 2019 draft now were stuck with this tire fire. I shudder to think of the scores the next few weeks against SD Minny and GB. Ugh.

That said there are a few thing we can do:
1.Get Teller ready to play. Ducasse is maybe the worst OL in the NFL, get Teller in there and try to role with some of the young guns. Make Bodine the Center and put Groy at Guard so Miller can be put out of his misery.

2. Call Dez Bryant's Agent. Guys not that great and will probably be a a PIA but we need WR help so bad I don't care just somehow get him on board. In conjuction call the agents for Streeter and Reilly and rush them back here as soon as possible. Cut Andre Holmes on Monday as he is zero factor at WR and I could care less about his special teams ability at this point. Buffalo should take a page out of Bmores playbook this offseason and sign a few B level WRs who can round out the roster. Crabtree or John Brown would be a god send on this team. At this point might as well bring Coleman back were already paying him.

3. Figure out what in the world defense that was yesterday and never run it again. Baltimores band of journeymen TE's tore us up. Gronk might go for 350 yards when we play NE. Edmunds and Milano both looked pretty good against the run but the Lorax is shot. Don't know what we have if anything at LB at this point but swing a trade for a decent guy and get us some help there.

4. Start Allen moving forward. At least with him you felt like Buffalo could complete a pass. Peterman looked like we pulled him off the street from the fine lot and said here start this game.

5. Cut a TE and get somebody at a position of need. We don't need 4 or whatever the hell it is active TE's.

6. Pray we don't go winless.

B Beane wasn't the GM for the 2017 draft so tough to pin that on him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom