Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

While I am looking forward to reading LongIslandCuse's thoughts I have a few of my own after watching that mess yesterday.

Clearly the McCarron trade was a mistake, Peterman is a total disaster out there. We should have kept McCarron and put Peterman on the practice squad or traded him to Rutgers or something. We should sign Matt Moore and get Peterman off the active roster. Guy doesn't have it period.

Speaking of trades, Beane and McDermott need to dial them back, they have gutted the roster. S many players lost the last few years who could be helping right now. Darby, Glenn, and Wood/Watkins especially.

At this point its clear based on the talent on the roster ( the lack thereof really) and the schedule this team will struggle to win 2-3 games and thats probably a stretch. Unless we can get a waiver to start FA or the 2019 draft now were stuck with this tire fire. I shudder to think of the scores the next few weeks against SD Minny and GB. Ugh.

That said there are a few thing we can do:
1.Get Teller ready to play. Ducasse is maybe the worst OL in the NFL, get Teller in there and try to role with some of the young guns. Make Bodine the Center and put Groy at Guard so Miller can be put out of his misery.

2. Call Dez Bryant's Agent. Guys not that great and will probably be a a PIA but we need WR help so bad I don't care just somehow get him on board. In conjuction call the agents for Streeter and Reilly and rush them back here as soon as possible. Cut Andre Holmes on Monday as he is zero factor at WR and I could care less about his special teams ability at this point. Buffalo should take a page out of Bmores playbook this offseason and sign a few B level WRs who can round out the roster. Crabtree or John Brown would be a god send on this team. At this point might as well bring Coleman back were already paying him.

3. Figure out what in the world defense that was yesterday and never run it again. Baltimores band of journeymen TE's tore us up. Gronk might go for 350 yards when we play NE. Edmunds and Milano both looked pretty good against the run but the Lorax is shot. Don't know what we have if anything at LB at this point but swing a trade for a decent guy and get us some help there.

4. Start Allen moving forward. At least with him you felt like Buffalo could complete a pass. Peterman looked like we pulled him off the street from the fine lot and said here start this game.

5. Cut a TE and get somebody at a position of need. We don't need 4 or whatever the hell it is active TE's.

6. Pray we don't go winless.

I think they win a couple games at home, that is about it. 0-8 on the road for sure

Well its fine if they preferred Allen over Mahomes and Watson as we have no idea what any of them will be in the long haul. The problem was the team was set to tank last year and set up for Buffalo to grab Allen and then go about their business. Of course in typical Buffalo fashion the one year were actually trying to lose we go out and win and get in the playoffs. That forced them to have to move Glenn and other picks to get Allen. If we had tanked like were heading this year we would have had Allen at out first pick, probably would still have had to move up slightly to get Edmunds but we would have had at least one of those extra second and third picks and could have gotten a WR and another OL or CB to add to the roster which would have been huge. Now were in it deep though things do look brighter with the amount of cap space and draft picks we will have for next year.

I hear you. Having no idea about the long haul is exactly my point though. It wasn't just a preference. They acted as if they knew positively this was Class of '83 and last year's was Manuel/Geno.

On the brightside, the three areas that I think are the team's biggest issues: O-Line, WRs, and pass rush, are all flush with depth in the upcoming draft (or at least appears that way at the moment).

If they're picking #1 or 2, they can take Oliver/Bosa and still be relatively confident that there will be WRs/OLine in the subsequent rounds to add more talent at needs.

Unfortunately there isn't much in terms of top-end talent hitting free agency at WR or OLine, but there's a plethora of kinda meh options at WR at least.

On the brightside, the three areas that I think are the team's biggest issues: O-Line, WRs, and pass rush, are all flush with depth in the upcoming draft (or at least appears that way at the moment).

If they're picking #1 or 2, they can take Oliver/Bosa and still be relatively confident that there will be WRs/OLine in the subsequent rounds to add more talent at needs.

Unfortunately there isn't much in terms of top-end talent hitting free agency at WR or OLine, but there's a plethora of kinda meh options at WR at least.

Do you know what WRs are set for FA? Even if we get two B level guys just getting some average WRs on the field again would be an improvement. Agree about this coming years draft, we also have several extra picks including the 4th rounder for Ragland who if he could play outside would be great to have right now. Would have to think at worst we could trade back a few spots and maybe grab an extra two and a three and really load up.

Still going with 0.0? or maybe boosting that up to 0.1 at this point?

One game does not a season make you troll.

I knew you’d pop up out of the woodwork. Glad the game went the way you’d hoped for.

My thoughts after that debacle:

1) If you look at my posts over the course of this thread I have advocated sitting Allen for the first six games or so - concern being his own development and physical well being behind a sieve offensive line. Well I am here to eat crow- no way can you do that after what we saw yesterday. I don't know if I have ever seen a more pathetic offensive display. Now is all that on Peterman? Absolutely not- but I (incorrectly) assumed that he would be serviceable. What I saw yesterday was not even close to that. At this point- roll with Allen and let him grow on the job. I was impressed with his pocket awareness, arm strength (of course) and running ability. He definitely looks like a rookie. But it can't be any worse than what I saw out of Peterman- indecisive, no pocket awareness, etc.

2) I think Beane has done a great job on the overall but his purge needs to be taken into account with the status of the roster. The fact that we are completely and utterly devoid of talent at key positions (WR, OL) needs to fall on the GM. Again, I know a rebuild was planned and they are clearing the decks of bad contracts that Whaley handed out like sticks of gum- but I want to see what happens from here. I know I keep beating this drum- but I keep thinking of the RB situation last year and how we kept getting treated to the Mike Tolbert Experience when anyone with eyes could have told you we were using him in the wrong way. I am optimistic that things will be fixed because now we have Murphy & Ivory to compliment Shady- I want the same actions taken on the WRs and OL. JeremyCuse said it best- paging Zay Jones...

3) The bigger issue now is that while the offense was a train wreck, the defense wasn't much better. Yes, the second quarter was a good performance. But too often I saw receivers running WIDE open- not just separation but completely devoid of coverage. Last year a zone coverage was often effective- but wow did the Bills look bad yesterday. I can understand that the offensive ineptitude contributed to the defensive issues- but that is not an excuse for missed assignments. Problem is I see a need for a talent injection on this side of the ball as well (LBs not withstanding, Edmunds is the real deal and Milano looked good too). Oh and can Buffalo maybe generate a pass rush?

4) Back to personnel - we better be scouring the waver wire for OL and WRs, are you telling me that we cant find ANYONE who can get separation or provide better blocking?

Honestly we are looking at 4-12 or 3-13...unless things improve dramatically. I hope I am wrong.

Do you know what WRs are set for FA? Even if we get two B level guys just getting some average WRs on the field again would be an improvement. Agree about this coming years draft, we also have several extra picks including the 4th rounder for Ragland who if he could play outside would be great to have right now. Would have to think at worst we could trade back a few spots and maybe grab an extra two and a three and really load up.

I do. I was looking at it earlier. Some of the guys that I'd have at least some level of interest in:

Randall Cobb (somehow only 29 years old)
Golden Tate (somehow already 31 years old)
Chris Hogan (hahaha -cries-)
Donte Moncrief
Josh Gordon (if he can keep his head on straight)
Robby Anderson (see Gordon)
Quincy Enunwa
John Brown
Tyrell Williams
Devin Funchess (if you can get over the Buffalo is Carolina North stuff)
Geronimo Allison
Adam Humphries
Kevin White

One game does not a season make you troll.

I knew you’d pop up out of the woodwork. Glad the game went the way you’d hoped for.

Yeah. I was really happy and entertained. The team was always going to be terrible this year and to think they weren't going to be was just dumb.

Last edited:
Golden Tate is the biggest name I know of as he is rumored to be traded to New England because of the connection with Patricia and his contract is up.

I do. I was looking at it earlier. Some of the guys that I'd have at least some level of interest in:

Donte Moncrief
Quincy Enunwa
John Brown
Tyrell Williams
Geronimo Allison
Adam Humphries
Kevin White
Yikes that list isn’t great. Your boy Humphries fits what NE likes.

Yeah. I was really happy and entertained. The team was always going to be terrible this year and to think they weren't going to be was just dumb.

Keep checking back in to harrass me about it. That’ll add to your joy.

I like Croom and would like to see him get more run.

Gaines was awful yesterday; he may have been a bargain FA signing in March but holy cow he was junk on Baltimore's early big pass plays.

Some of Dabol's sets and playcalls are moronic for a team with less OL talent. Peterman didn't chuck it fast enough on the 2-5 occasions the line gave him enough time.

Murphy seemed to have more burst than Shady yesterday. I get the impression LeSean is gonna mail it in when asked to run between the tackles because he knows he's gonna get drilled with bad blocking up front.

Keep checking back in to harrass me about it. That’ll add to your joy.

Will do. Still thinking they're getting to 7 or 8 wins?

Donte Moncrief
Quincy Enunwa
John Brown
Tyrell Williams
Geronimo Allison
Adam Humphries
Kevin White

Yikes you were right not a ton of high end guys. Nothing against Cobb but I get the feeling the minute you take away Rodgers he's an average WR at best. Tate and possibly Gordon would be the best fits. Getting a guy like Hogan back or Humphries would help as well especially if were breaking in a couple of rookie Wr's.

Donte Moncrief
Quincy Enunwa
John Brown
Tyrell Williams
Geronimo Allison
Adam Humphries
Kevin White

Ha. Hogan was what our 4th option & might be 1st now. I know they were rarely ever all healthy but it's incredible how loaded at wr we were 3 short years ago.

Golden Tate is the biggest name I know of as he is rumored to be traded to New England because of the connection with Patricia and his contract is up.

IDK how to explain it but Golden Tate to NE feels like the easiest to picture player to new team in nfl history. He's so annoying and pretty good (also the 'Fail Marry' recipient) it's perfect.

Ha. Hogan was what our 4th option & might be 1st now. I know they were rarely ever all healthy but it's incredible how loaded at wr we were 3 short years ago.

IDK how to explain it but Golden Tate to NE feels like the easiest to picture player to new team in nfl history. He's so annoying and pretty good (also the 'Fail Marry' recipient) it's perfect.

Agree about the WR position previously, we just couldn't get everyone on the field at the same time. Goodwin was always hurt and Watkins the last two years was mostly MIA. I know over at Buffalorumblings people were pretty pissed about the Wrs we have lost over the last few years but the organization was in tough shape. We were in cap hell with Hogan so we couldn't match NE's offer even though I am pretty sure we wanted to. Woods and Goodwin both got really high FA offers from the Rams and SF respectively, not sure if it made sense to try and match especially Goodwin. Watkins is the only one they may have a point on. I would take him or Woods in a heartbeat on this team.

Yikes that list isn’t great. Your boy Humphries fits what NE likes.

Oh yeah, you know that's happening at some point in his career if not this offseason lol.

While I am looking forward to reading LongIslandCuse's thoughts I have a few of my own after watching that mess yesterday.

Clearly the McCarron trade was a mistake, Peterman is a total disaster out there. We should have kept McCarron and put Peterman on the practice squad or traded him to Rutgers or something. We should sign Matt Moore and get Peterman off the active roster. Guy doesn't have it period.

Speaking of trades, Beane and McDermott need to dial them back, they have gutted the roster. S many players lost the last few years who could be helping right now. Darby, Glenn, and Wood/Watkins especially.

At this point its clear based on the talent on the roster ( the lack thereof really) and the schedule this team will struggle to win 2-3 games and thats probably a stretch. Unless we can get a waiver to start FA or the 2019 draft now were stuck with this tire fire. I shudder to think of the scores the next few weeks against SD Minny and GB. Ugh.

That said there are a few thing we can do:
1.Get Teller ready to play. Ducasse is maybe the worst OL in the NFL, get Teller in there and try to role with some of the young guns. Make Bodine the Center and put Groy at Guard so Miller can be put out of his misery.

2. Call Dez Bryant's Agent. Guys not that great and will probably be a a PIA but we need WR help so bad I don't care just somehow get him on board. In conjuction call the agents for Streeter and Reilly and rush them back here as soon as possible. Cut Andre Holmes on Monday as he is zero factor at WR and I could care less about his special teams ability at this point. Buffalo should take a page out of Bmores playbook this offseason and sign a few B level WRs who can round out the roster. Crabtree or John Brown would be a god send on this team. At this point might as well bring Coleman back were already paying him.

3. Figure out what in the world defense that was yesterday and never run it again. Baltimores band of journeymen TE's tore us up. Gronk might go for 350 yards when we play NE. Edmunds and Milano both looked pretty good against the run but the Lorax is shot. Don't know what we have if anything at LB at this point but swing a trade for a decent guy and get us some help there.

4. Start Allen moving forward. At least with him you felt like Buffalo could complete a pass. Peterman looked like we pulled him off the street from the fine lot and said here start this game.

5. Cut a TE and get somebody at a position of need. We don't need 4 or whatever the hell it is active TE's.

6. Pray we don't go winless.

Only a mistake if they aren’t going full tank job

Will do. Still thinking they're getting to 7 or 8 wins?

Potentially...

You realize they got their asses beat multiple times last year too, right? (Your favorite games of the season, by far, I’m sure.) The NFL is a league of parody.

Keep on trolling troll. I’ll be here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom