Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

I was holding out hope throughout the offseason and the preseason that he prognostications regarding this upcoming season for the Bills would be proven wrong. I even buried my head in the sand regarding the putrid offensive line and the poor play from the D in the preseason, thinking it was an aberration and would be corrected. One quarter into the first game of the season, it was pretty clear that all of my worst fears regarding this team were proven true. It's gonna be a longggg season. Lets hope we don't screw it up in the draft and free agency next year and can actually be a competitive team come 2019.

Potentially...

You realize they got their asses beat multiple times last year too, right? (Your favorite games of the season, by far, I’m sure.) The NFL is a league of parody.

Keep on trolling troll. I’ll be here.

Not even sure how its trolling. You were absolutely certain in assuring me that they weren't going to be bad this year despite any objective person being able to look at the roster and see that its the least talented in the entire league.

Not even sure how its trolling. You were absolutely certain in assuring me that they weren't going to be bad this year despite any objective person being able to look at the roster and see that its the least talented in the entire league.

Oh it’s trolling because you’re a troll. Any “objective” person who took the time to go back through and read our interactions on this thread would see that you behaved like a troll.

All I said was that they wouldn’t be the worst team in the league... that’s it! You got pissy with me because I disagreed with your “objective realist” view. As of now it appears I underestimated the loss of Wood and Incognito but we still have many games left to determine who the worst team in the NFL is this year.

You didn’t post once in the Bills thread from last year - a playoff year. Happy to see you’re so active this year.

Last edited:
IMG_20180910_162653_1536619270737.jpg

In: Nate Orchard
Out: Adolphus Washington

I thought Washington would be a 3rd round steal. Missed on that one.

Lot of people felt the same about Shaq in the 1st. Miss again.

Never really liked that pick as Buffalo has had terrible results with DE in the 1st round minus a certain hall of famer. He did seem more active last Sunday but I didn't see much of a pass rush. Hopefully there is a few more roster moves today, a WR please.

Never really liked that pick as Buffalo has had terrible results with DE in the 1st round minus a certain hall of famer. He did seem more active last Sunday but I didn't see much of a pass rush. Hopefully there is a few more roster moves today, a WR please.

Looking at the individual grades, Lawson graded well against the run but not against the pass. We need a pass rush from him for sure.

They brought in Paxton Lynch, Breshad Perriman, and Nate Orchard for workouts this past week. It seems impossible that any of them can possibly be worse than what is already on this roster. As long as Perriman isn't a lazy piece of crap like it sounds like Corey Coleman was, he should be signed immediately.

They brought in Paxton Lynch, Breshad Perriman, and Nate Orchard for workouts this past week. It seems impossible that any of them can possibly be worse than what is already on this roster. As long as Perriman isn't a lazy piece of crap like it sounds like Corey Coleman was, he should be signed immediately.

I think Perriman is working out for Philly today, wish we would have brought him in, even Maclin at this point would help.

I think Perriman is working out for Philly today, wish we would have brought him in, even Maclin at this point would help.

As I understand it, Maclin is injured at the moment and won't be ready to play for at least a few more weeks. Lord knows this team could use receiving help though. I still can't believe that Coleman could have been so bad personality wise that he couldn't stick on this roster. This receiving corps is just about as dire as it gets.

As I understand it, Maclin is injured at the moment and won't be ready to play for at least a few more weeks. Lord knows this team could use receiving help though. I still can't believe that Coleman could have been so bad personality wise that he couldn't stick on this roster. This receiving corps is just about as dire as it gets.

NE signed him today to.

I'd be open to either Lynch or Perriman for sure. Yes Nathan Peterman, I want Paxton Lynch over you. It's that bad.

I expect a much better game this Sunday, that was flat out horrendous and there are too many quality guys in that organization to come out and play like that for the home opener. Daboll has to at least find a way to pass the ball at some minimal level to be able to run the ball with any type of success. Not easy. The wide receivers have been an issue for a while and with none of them stepping up whatsoever it has really gotten out of hand. I was surprised they cut Streater but who knows, not saying he would help much but I though he at least made some plays once in awhile

I don't know if they will win but it should at least look a lot better. That said, the road is not going to be kind to this team and I still think it's a 3-4 win team TOPS

I'd be open to either Lynch or Perriman for sure. Yes Nathan Peterman, I want Paxton Lynch over you. It's that bad.

I said earlier in the offseason that to me, Peterman should be practice squad or released. I'd just like to reiterate that my point still stands. It's inexcusable at this point that he's on the active roster.

jet fan here - just curious - darnold and mayfield gone when bills drafted, of the three qbs left - allen, jackson, or rosen - did the fanbase prefer allen over the other two or perhaps even a non qb pick ?

i am curious because it sounds like peterman is not the answer even as a caretaker and if that is so, most likely rosen was the closest to being nfl ready. allen, of course, has the big upside, but how long will it take him?

jet fan here - just curious - darnold and mayfield gone when bills drafted, of the three qbs left - allen, jackson, or rosen - did the fanbase prefer allen over the other two or perhaps even a non qb pick ?

i am curious because it sounds like peterman is not the answer even as a caretaker and if that is so, most likely rosen was the closest to being nfl ready. allen, of course, has the big upside, but how long will it take him?
To your first question, I think the fan base preferred Rosen of the 3. I personally preferred Lamar and Allen, in that order. I preferred both of them over Mayfield and Darnold.

I don't think being "NFL-ready" is really important right now. This team as a whole isn't remotely close to "NFL-ready" anyways. It's all about the long-term. But to answer the question, I think Allen is just as ready to play right away as Darnold was and more ready than Lamar. Rosen might be a little more game-ready but I think he was the 5th best QB prospect in the draft.

To your first question, I think the fan base preferred Rosen of the 3. I personally preferred Lamar and Allen, in that order. I preferred both of them over Mayfield and Darnold.

I don't think being "NFL-ready" is really important right now. This team as a whole isn't remotely close to "NFL-ready" anyways. It's all about the long-term. But to answer the question, I think Allen is just as ready to play right away as Darnold was and more ready than Lamar. Rosen might be a little more game-ready but I think he was the 5th best QB prospect in the draft.

Did you happen to see any of the Jets pre-season games or the Monday night game ?

Waaaaaaayyyyy to early to come to any conclusions, but Darnold's decision making and maturity for a rookie QB so far appears to be off the charts.

I am very optimistic the Jets got it right, hope that turns out the same for Buffalo.

Anybody but New England !!!!

Did you happen to see any of the Jets pre-season games or the Monday night game ?

Waaaaaaayyyyy to early to come to any conclusions, but Darnold's decision making and maturity for a rookie QB so far appears to be off the charts.

I am very optimistic the Jets got it right, hope that turns out the same for Buffalo.

Anybody but New England !!!!

Yeah I've been watching. I've paid super close attention to the QB classes the past two years since I thought Buffalo would take one the year before and then was certain they'd do so this year after passing last year. I think Darnold is a pretty safe prospect; I don't think he'll ever be elite but he should be a pretty good starter and I think Bates will scheme a very good offense around him once they have the horses.

It took him until today to make that decision? Peterman would struggle to start at UConn at this point. Now can we sign some Wr's with a pulse??

He had to watch the film!!!

He had to watch the film!!!

The decision was always going to be announced on Wednesday. That’s how professionals who value individuals (Peterman) as humans conduct business.

I’m sure he knew he was going to start Allen from the time he sent him on the field Sunday afternoon.

You can’t just come out and say Peterman should just kill himself in the post game press conference.

The decision was always going to be announced on Wednesday. That’s how professionals who value individuals (Peterman) as humans conduct business.

I’m sure he knew he was going to start Allen from the time he sent him on the field Sunday afternoon.

You can’t just come out and say Peterman should just kill himself in the post game press conference.

That's fair enough. I still think Buffalo should release Peterman though lol. I know it won't happen because they at least want their backup to be familiar with the system, but the guy simply should not be on an NFL roster.

That's fair enough. I still think Buffalo should release Peterman though lol. I know it won't happen because they at least want their backup to be familiar with the system, but the guy simply should not be on an NFL roster.

I’d like them to work in a third QB also, with the hopes of putting Peterman on the PS sooner rather than later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom