Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Buffalo was linked to Bradford... $20 mil to Arizona.

HARD PASS

Agreed, we do need a veteran guy though for sure. Maybe Bridgewater. Arizona was absolutely desperate, getting Bradford is probably a good move for them.

Just got out of some meetings and saw the news. Carolina wanted him back and their messageboard is glad he's in the AFC so they don't have to face him, so that's good news for a big name that I shared your concern for.

Star/KW could be a nasty DT duo.

Their SBNation had held a poll last week and 80% voted to let him walk

Agreed, we do need a veteran guy though for sure. Maybe Bridgewater. Arizona was absolutely desperate, getting Bradford is probably a good move for them.
Was a Bridgewater fan as far back as college. Wonder if healthy and asking price.

Buffalo has played this QB situation basically perfect. There the last real suitor for a veteran QB, so they can play the remaining guys off each other and drive their prices down.

And it sounds like all the teams in the top 5 are interested in trading down at this point, so they'll be able to get a decent deal there too.

I don't really like the other moves they've been making (besides bringing Kyle back), but they've done an awesome job in the most important aspect.

Bridgewater to the Jets.

McCarron could be a guy for the Bills.

Bills should take a long look at Pugh. Would allow us to get Ducasse the heck out of the lineup. I think were stuck with Mills after trading Glenn. Need to get a young tackle in the draft at some point.
Pugh would be a good fit up there in Canada. Down here he’s too metro-sexual and limelight craving as he prepares for his life after football.

He’s Vinnie Chase here, he needs an outpost. It won’t keep him any healthier, something we all know from his Orange days, but it might help make him a professional football player...and not a guy who plays professional football.

He’s smart, a great teammate and a ‘good’ player. His value is his diversity.

LG, RT and even LT??...sure coach.

Pugh would be a good fit up there in Canada. Down here he’s too metro-s e xual and limelight craving

You blue collar guys down in Jersey don’t seem to worried about blondy being that way.

Still married?
Yup
webb4-e1452370663594.jpg

Buffalo has played this QB situation basically perfect. There the last real suitor for a veteran QB, so they can play the remaining guys off each other and drive their prices down.

And it sounds like all the teams in the top 5 are interested in trading down at this point, so they'll be able to get a decent deal there too.

I don't really like the other moves they've been making (besides bringing Kyle back), but they've done an awesome job in the most important aspect.
Wonder if Foles is still a possibility? If Bridgewater goes to the Jets, there are zero teams looking to trade with them. It's either keep Foles or trade him to Buffalo for whatever we decide to offer.

Wonder if Foles is still a possibility? If Bridgewater goes to the Jets, there are zero teams looking to trade with them. It's either keep Foles or trade him to Buffalo for whatever we decide to offer.

Love this sudden leverage.

Although I think they planned all along to keep him unless someone heavily overpaid.

I feel like Star was going to happen so in my mind, it was inevitable. I like a lot of what we're doing, unless it's to trade up for Allen. I'll admit, it's all hearsay as to why I don't want him but it seems everyone's fan base is scared their FO will draft him.

I feel like Star was going to happen so in my mind, it was inevitable. I like a lot of what we're doing, unless it's to trade up for Allen. I'll admit, it's all hearsay as to why I don't want him but it seems everyone's fan base is scared their FO will draft him.
Allen has the physical tools of Jay Cutler.
It’s all about his head.

I think Cleveland is leaning towards Allen.
I wouldn’t touch Rosen. Concussions in college and don’t like him.
Darnold and Mayfield depend on fits but look legit.
Jackson doesn’t do it for me.

Pugh would be a good fit up there in Canada. Down here he’s too metro-s e xual and limelight craving as he prepares for his life after football.

He’s Vinnie Chase here, he needs an outpost. It won’t keep him any healthier, something we all know from his Orange days, but it might help make him a professional football player...and not a guy who plays professional football.

He’s smart, a great teammate and a ‘good’ player. His value is his diversity.

LG, RT and even LT??...sure coach.

A metrosexual and limelight craver not fitting in down in NYC? Lol now I've heard it all.

Fans hate him because he played at a small school and statistically wasn't anything special. Seeing a guy like that ranked, in a lot of cases, ahead of guys like Darnold, Rosen, and metrics-darling Mayfield rubs a ton of fans the wrong way.

Allen is very much a projection; he probably has the strongest arm we've ever seen and tested out in roughly the 82nd percentile of NFL QBs athletically speaking (basically Carson Wentz level athleticism). And he's a classic late-bloomer; Wyoming was his only D1 offer and they only offered him because Eric Dungey came here. He's received basically no coaching, which has led to some issues with his footwork (mainly laziness where he relies entirely on his arm strength rather than setting his feet to throw), so people feel that there's a lot of room for growth with him.

And it's simply hard to tell how much of his play at Wyoming should be blamed on himself versus his teammates; his O-Line was so helpless that there were numerous examples of guys literally not blocking anybody, basically looking like that scene in Remember the Titans when Sunshine tells his O-Line to let that one pass rusher through. His WRs had some brutal drops, but for the most part caught the ball fine; they just couldn't get open on a consistent basis.

Watching Wyoming games made me want to pluck my own eyeballs out half the time.

At any rate, Allen is an incredibly talented guy, but he's a very major risk.

A metros e xual and limelight craver not fitting in down in NYC? Lol now I've heard it all.
Yep.

Not when you are OL with marginal talent, can’t stay healthy and have no bling.

0ebdcf0d81556443119446afcd5c5558.jpg

Bills will sign Rafael Bush (S) to a 2 year 4.5 million dollar deal. Adds a nice depth piece to the secondary. Still need a CB though but allows the Bills to not have to draft a S now. With Jordy Nelson getting released I wonder if we will make a run at all.

Fans hate him because he played at a small school and statistically wasn't anything special. Seeing a guy like that ranked, in a lot of cases, ahead of guys like Darnold, Rosen, and metrics-darling Mayfield rubs a ton of fans the wrong way.

Allen is very much a projection; he probably has the strongest arm we've ever seen and tested out in roughly the 82nd percentile of NFL QBs athletically speaking (basically Carson Wentz level athleticism). And he's a classic late-bloomer; Wyoming was his only D1 offer and they only offered him because Eric Dungey came here. He's received basically no coaching, which has led to some issues with his footwork (mainly laziness where he relies entirely on his arm strength rather than setting his feet to throw), so people feel that there's a lot of room for growth with him.

And it's simply hard to tell how much of his play at Wyoming should be blamed on himself versus his teammates; his O-Line was so helpless that there were numerous examples of guys literally not blocking anybody, basically looking like that scene in Remember the Titans when Sunshine tells his O-Line to let that one pass rusher through. His WRs had some brutal drops, but for the most part caught the ball fine; they just couldn't get open on a consistent basis.

Watching Wyoming games made me want to pluck my own eyeballs out half the time.

At any rate, Allen is an incredibly talented guy, but he's a very major risk.
I watched his tape, he also missed a TON of wide open guys with no pressure.

Ross Tucker just confirmed my belief that Rosen is a no go too. He broke it down how his parents are Ivy League educated and rich. Josh is a concussion risk, including 2 last year, 1 of which lasted 4 weeks till his bowl game and who knows how much after?? He will likely get another one, collect his guaranteed 20mill or so...and go back to the beach.

He doesn’t need the NFL.

Same here but I like Vonte Davis signing too.

I've never heard of anyone not liking Bridgwater. What am I missing? Didn't think he was all that good before getting hurt. Pretty much a dink&dunk guy, admittedly before they had great wr's but still. Bradford has at least been good when he plays but ya, at $20m no thanks.

I can't believe this sudden good fortune that the Giants/Broncos are apparently content with Eli/Keenum. Good luck with that.

I've never heard of anyone not liking Bridgwater. What am I missing? Didn't think he was all that good before getting hurt. Pretty much a dink&dunk guy, admittedly before they had great wr's but still. Bradford has at least been good when he plays but ya, at $20m no thanks.

I can't believe this sudden good fortune that the Giants/Broncos are apparently content with Eli/Keenum. Good luck with that.
Eli will be good for 3 more years, but make no mistake we definitely need a QB.

But good lord not these ones.

And certainly not at 2...

Plus, Eli’s successor may already be on the roster...

Eli will be good for 3 more years, but make no mistake we definitely need a QB.

But good lord not these ones.

And certainly not at 2...

Plus, Eli’s successor may already be on the roster...

Okey Dokey. The scouting reports of all the good young qb's had plenty of ?'s but i'm sure the 2020 class will be flawless.

I liked the Vontae one as well. Not a fan of Ivory or Star signings though.

Okey Dokey. The scouting reports of all the good young qb's had plenty of ?'s but i'm sure the 2020 class will be flawless.
If Eli has another ring on his finger and I got a fantastic memory...so be it.

There is not a Peyton, Eli, Luck or even a MattyIce & Stafford out there this year.

Please Cleveland, take a QB.

Jets fans went into the day with dreams of Kirk Cousins.

As of 6:40 pm, signed Josh McCown and a backup RB who posted a picture on Instagram of a cop with his throat slashed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom