Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

I can see us going Defense in the 1st again this year if we can get a WR in FA.

My dream would be to sign Amari Cooper and Kareem Hunt if they shake loose.

No way Dallas is letting Cooper get away after what they gave up. One of him and Dak is going to end up with an extension and the other tagged. AJ Green is likely the best WR that is going to hit the market and who knows what he will be going forward. Drafting somewhere in the 16-22 range should be a sweet spot to fill a major hole though. Kipers big board right now has 4 CBs, 5 WRs, 2 OTs & 3 DTs in the top 25. Obviously that's a rudimentary ranking at this point but the strengths of the draft clearly matchup with our needs.

Also would be nice if Oliver could start to progress in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully this little breather will pump some life into him.

Also would be nice if Oliver could start to progress in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully this little breather will pump some life into him.

Oliver and Knox continuing to progress would be enormous for this team. WR has to be one of if not our top priority next year. Green's injury history is a major concern, draft is probably the way to go as there isn't much in FA outside of him assuming Cooper gets tagged as you noted.

Oliver and Knox continuing to progress would be enormous for this team. WR has to be one of if not our top priority next year. Green's injury history is a major concern, draft is probably the way to go as there isn't much in FA outside of him assuming Cooper gets tagged as you noted.

Yeah WR is butt in expected FAs. It's Green, Robby Anderson and then like Nelson Agholor as top 3 expected FAs as of now.

I'd also be fine with getting into a bidding war for Clowney, Ngakoue and to a lesser extent Leonard Williams. Adding 1 dynamic edge rusher would really change things exponentially I think. Would have a positive effect across all 3 levels of the defense.

Yeah WR is butt in expected FAs. It's Green, Robby Anderson and then like Nelson Agholor as top 3 expected FAs as of now.

I'd also be fine with getting into a bidding war for Clowney, Ngakoue and to a lesser extent Leonard Williams. Adding 1 dynamic edge rusher would really change things exponentially I think. Would have a positive effect across all 3 levels of the defense.

Agreed on DE, I guy like Clowney or Nagkoue would be a big boost. I assume were looking at taking a DE in the draft as well and likely moving on from 2 of our 3 current DE's most likely being Shaq and Murphy. From what I can see the current major issues are WR, DE, and CB#2/LB. You could list RB as well assuming Gore and Yeldon are gone. A power guy to pair with Singletary is a must in the draft.

Knox not dropping a pass per game would be nice as well.

I’d go all in on throwing money at a pass rusher in FA.

OL is interesting. We have a solid, middle of the pack OL. With continuity they could keep getting better and outside of Nsehke, none of them are old. Do they ever get tempted to kick Ford inside and let Spain walk, then address RT? What if Scherff is available?

If WR help isn’t available in FA, then that NEEDS to be our 1st round pick. No exceptions. Package another pick to move up, if necessary.

I also think RB has to be upgraded. I don’t want to see Gore out there next year. We lose about ten levels of dynamic ability when he rotates in for Singletary.

All in all, if I had to guess, we see a very similar team next year with a heavily invested into WR, a new RB to rotate with Singletary and a heavily invested into pass rusher. Those are probably priorities 1-3, with the OL being wait and see on how Spain/Ford shakes out. Id guess that Dawkins-Morse-Feliciano & Ford either at RT or G all have spots going into next year.

DB2 could be upgraded if Levi continues to struggle in man coverage.

Harry comes back and I think we’ll resign Jordan Phillips, so that gives us Harry/Star - Jordan/Oliver at DT. Then Hughes and three ???’s at DE.

Next year we should see a pretty dang talented team. The defense should be as close to complete as possible, and the offense should have a year 3 Allen, with two dynamic RB’s, a solid OL and WR1-Brown-Beasley-Knox in the passing game.

Also, the Bills need to take care of business, but thanks a lot Rams... Only one team gained on us this week.

What happened to them? A completely mediocre football team now.

Steelers offense scored 10 points and Pittsburgh wins the game.

Also, the Bills need to take care of business, but thanks a lot Rams... Only one team gained on us this week.

What happened to them? A completely mediocre football team now.

Steelers offense scored 10 points and Pittsburgh wins the game.

The Rams looked awful, Goff looks like a worse version of Sam Darnold. That vaunted passing game was completely MIA as well.

The Rams looked awful, Goff looks like a worse version of Sam Darnold. That vaunted passing game was completely MIA as well.
We’re going to have to hope the Browns figured out themselves (but not too much as to run the table) as the Steelers have them twice in the next 2 weeks and outside of Buffalo and a final week matchup against Baltimore (that may or may not mean anything to the Ravens) that schedule is a cakewalk.

We’re going to have to hope the Browns figured out themselves (but not too much as to run the table) as the Steelers have them twice in the next 2 weeks and outside of Buffalo and a final week matchup against Baltimore (that may or may not mean anything to the Ravens) that schedule is a cakewalk.

Ya the Steelers are going to be a problem for sure. The good news is that I could see a split with Cle and if Pitts track record is any indication they will definitely lose a game they should win at some point down the stretch. That offense is still pretty bad and I don't think they can keep it up. Doesn't take away from our own issues but I think you get my point. The bigger concern for me is that were staring at a 9-7 record. I am having a hard time seeing us beating Balt or NE under almost any circumstance and the Dallas game feels like a bride to far as well with our run D. Thats why this Cle loss hurt so bad, now we almost have to win all the other so called "gimmie" games. Ie Denver, Miami, Jets etc.

Not going to look 6-3 in the mouth after all the years when we have been the opposite of that or worse but it's hard to feel overly comfortable about this team making a big move down the stretch. That said, we need go 2-0 over the next two weeks - PERIOD.

Pitt won 2 weeks in a row without doing anything.. colts/refs game them the game last week.

if the strange mayfield forward/kinda pass stays a fumble bills win.. I agree they need the next 2 and find one of the following 4 so that the jets game matters.

Colts are the same team as the Bills, Kinda solid D and no real offense. Kicker cost them the game again yesterday.

Pitt won 2 weeks in a row without doing anything.. colts/refs game them the game last week.

if the strange mayfield forward/kinda pass stays a fumble bills win..
I agree they need the next 2 and find one of the following 4 so that the jets game matters.

Colts are the same team as the Bills, Kinda solid D and no real offense. Kicker cost them the game again yesterday.

Some of the WGR guys are saying that the replays were not clearly showing that the play was a forward pass, and it was ruled a fumble on the field...

Watching the Rams/Steelers game, and when Fitzpatrick returned a Goff "fumble" for a TD, I was sure that the play would be reversed, but the play stood as called on the field.

it was ruled a fumble, there was no clear angle to show it went forward. honestly the pass almost seemed to go no where but up and down. you look at where mayfield was standing and released it and where it landed, if it was forward it was by inches.

the rule though is vague and you can throw a forward pass that goes backwards, since its based on intent too.

i dont think they looked at anything more than he was trying to throw it forward and really didnt, to make the call. another reason the calls should be recorded so people can know what they based the decisions on.

This is more the gambling thread but the Rams like the Bears were just such an obvious regression team coming in. Hilarious how people talk themselves into "this SB loser is different" every single year and unless they're NE who is the exception to every rule ever, they never are. Goff stinks. I took the Steelers -1 in that game before the season. Which turned out to be a bad # but woulda been a good one had Roeth played. Ya the Indy result was a crime; even after the 100yd pick6 the Colts went right back down the field with their backup.

Also we can all list a thousand things we need to do better but the man thing is Allen has actually hit a deep pass. Enough excuses, his overall QB rating is abysmal and one of the main reasons is he is 0-46 on deep balls this season and on at least half of those the guy was WIDE open. It's unfathomable we haven't at least hit or two by the law of averages.

Second this D has to force some turnovers. Unless Tre makes an amazing int we simply aren't forcing any turnovers at all which I think is due to our anemic pass rush. Our DE's are as bad as I can ever remember. Trent Murphy has been horrible. How he and Lee Smith are on the roster is amazing.

Last edited:
Also we can all list a thousand things we need to do better but the man thing is Allen has actually hit a deep pass. Enough excuses, his overall QB rating is abysmal and one of the main reasons is he is 0-46 on deep balls this at least of those the guy was WIDE open. It's unfathomable we haven't at least hit or two by the law of averages.

Second this D has to force some turnovers. Unless Tre makes an amazing int we simply aren't forcing any turnovers at all which I think is due to our anemic pass rush. Our DE's are as bad as I can ever remember. Trent Murphy has been horrible. How he and Lee Smith are on the roster is amazing.
Yea, we can go back and forth about talent, and coaching and whatever, but Allen was drafted for his arm and we have speed at WR to take advantage of that... yet he’s the worst deep ball passer who ever deep ball passed so far this year.

I think it’s all mental, and one of those things where once he hits one, they will avalanche.

He’s doing a lot of things well, but you can’t say he’s a franchise guy with certainty until he stops fumbling every game and doesn’t overthrow deep balls by a mile every single time.

I’d go all in on throwing money at a pass rusher in FA.

OL is interesting. We have a solid, middle of the pack OL. With continuity they could keep getting better and outside of Nsehke, none of them are old. Do they ever get tempted to kick Ford inside and let Spain walk, then address RT? What if Scherff is available?

If WR help isn’t available in FA, then that NEEDS to be our 1st round pick. No exceptions. Package another pick to move up, if necessary.

I also think RB has to be upgraded. I don’t want to see Gore out there next year. We lose about ten levels of dynamic ability when he rotates in for Singletary.

All in all, if I had to guess, we see a very similar team next year with a heavily invested into WR, a new RB to rotate with Singletary and a heavily invested into pass rusher. Those are probably priorities 1-3, with the OL being wait and see on how Spain/Ford shakes out. Id guess that Dawkins-Morse-Feliciano & Ford either at RT or G all have spots going into next year.

DB2 could be upgraded if Levi continues to struggle in man coverage.

Harry comes back and I think we’ll resign Jordan Phillips, so that gives us Harry/Star - Jordan/Oliver at DT. Then Hughes and three ???’s at DE.

Next year we should see a pretty dang talented team. The defense should be as close to complete as possible, and the offense should have a year 3 Allen, with two dynamic RB’s, a solid OL and WR1-Brown-Beasley-Knox in the passing game.

They are currently scheduled to have $90m in cap space this offseason. That number crosses $100m if they cut Murphy, DiMarco & Lee Smith. If they don't go after difference makers, even if it's at a dumb price then I'm going to be really pissed. Overpay for 2 or 3 guys and front load the deals. I don't really care if they give Melvin Gordon $8m a year guaranteed for 2 years to pair with Singletary or grab another 3rd rd RB. Just upgrade the talent level at positions. The team is full of complementary pieces with few actual difference makers. Add 1 more of those on each side of the ball and it has like an exponent effect on things. Just take some damn chances and be aggressive. The whole point of getting to the point you have $90m in space is to use it to push the team over the top. They have 2 offseasons to spend before Allen, Tre, Edmunds and the safety tandem are all going to double/triple their current salaries.

Yea, we can go back and forth about talent, and coaching and whatever, but Allen was drafted for his arm and we have speed at WR to take advantage of that... yet he’s the worst deep ball passer who ever deep ball passed so far this year.

I think it’s all mental, and one of those things where once he hits one, they will avalanche.

He’s doing a lot of things well, but you can’t say he’s a franchise guy with certainty until he stops fumbling every game and doesn’t overthrow deep balls by a mile every single time.
I think he has the ability to grow into a franchise QB. He is always 3-5 yards too long on deep throws. How is that not correctable? Guess he has to hold the ball against his body with two hands whenever he takes off. Big strong guy always getting the ball ripped out is weird.

Also we can all list a thousand things we need to do better but the man thing is Allen has actually hit a deep pass. Enough excuses, his overall QB rating is abysmal and one of the main reasons is he is 0-46 on deep balls this season and on at least half of those the guy was WIDE open. It's unfathomable we haven't at least hit or two by the law of averages.

I'd be happier if he underthrew the damn things, at least the WR has a shot and a lot of times it leads to a long PI. It's not like their is safety help there any of the times that he does it either. It's always 1 on 1 with the WR having 2+ steps and no safety anywhere. Would probably unclog some of the intermediate area if the safety had to worry about it.

Some of the WGR guys are saying that the replays were not clearly showing that the play was a forward pass, and it was ruled a fumble on the field...

Watching the Rams/Steelers game, and when Fitzpatrick returned a Goff "fumble" for a TD, I was sure that the play would be reversed, but the play stood as called on the field.

Hmmm...

I think he has the ability to grow into a franchise QB. He is always 3-5 yards too long on deep throws. How is that not correctable? Guess he has to hold the ball against his body with two hands whenever he takes off. Big strong guy always getting the ball ripped out is weird.

I don't think he will ever get to a franchise level, by this many starts into his career you would start to see some things to lead you there and I don't see that. We're so broken from years of trauma that we get ourselves excited when he can take a 7 step drop and hit a 15 yard out or puts the ball on the money basically anywhere. Those expectations are laughably low for someone that you want to lead you anywhere. If he can become an average starter that can take what the defense gives him without being a turnover machine then I will be happy and I feel like that is the realistic ceiling at this point. He's never going to be able to pick a part a defense for 4 consecutive quarters without a blunder, hell he can't do it for 4 consecutive drives yet. He is 31st in QBR among the 32 qualified QBs. People here laugh about Darnold and Mitch and he's behind both and Daniel Jones. I went into this season completely optimistic on his future seeing as he was surrounded by garbage last year but this year he is bringing down the entire offense and costing the team games. The people placing any blame on the defense are legit crazy people. Defense is 3rd in the league in yards per drive, points per game, etc. Offense is in the 20s in every meaningful category.

He's never going to be able to pick a part a defense for 4 consecutive quarters without a blunder, hell he can't do it for 4 consecutive drives yet. He is 31st in QBR among the 32 qualified QBs. People here laugh about Darnold and Mitch and he's behind both and Daniel Jones. I went into this season completely optimistic on his future seeing as he was surrounded by garbage last year but this year he is bringing down the entire offense and costing the team games. The people placing any blame on the defense are legit crazy people. Defense is 3rd in the league in yards per drive, points per game, etc. Offense is in the 20s in every meaningful category.

Speaking of legit crazy people...

How many NFL QBs can "pick a part a defense for 4 consecutive quarters without a blunder"?

Speaking of legit crazy people...

How many NFL QBs can "pick a part a defense for 4 consecutive quarters without a blunder"?

Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Cousins, Carr, Brady, Wentz, Jackson, Watson, Stafford all have over 15 TDs with 3/1 TD/INT ratio let alone have double digit fumbles and an inability to complete a pass over 25 yards in the air.

How can you look at any meaningful statistic and see the defense in the top 10 in every single one and in top 3 in most and then look at the offense which is no better than 22nd in any meaningful statistic and still maintain the defense is an issue. It's so dumb that I can't comprehend it. It's clear as day. The defense is #1 in the entire league in getting teams to go 3 and out. They are 3rd in yards per drive allowed. 3rd in Pts per drive allowed. What more can you possibly hope for than that? This argument is as absurd as the people still saying sanctions are the reason that we are heading into year 6 of 13+ bball losses and that coaching and recruiting are fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom