Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

McKenzie was benched for ball security issues, while Stevenson has fumbled/muffed the ball 3 times on 21 touches. What gives?

Stevenson looks stiff, and runs too upright. It looked yesterday like he was literally looking for the backs of blockers, for him to run into. Dude has been spinebustered in consecutive weeks on KRs as well. I'm not seeing it with this kid.

He honestly looks like what would happen if you put a linebacker back to return kicks. He should not be on the roster in the playoffs.

He honestly looks like what would happen if you put a linebacker back to return kicks. He should not be on the roster in the playoffs.

But what's the solution? Put McKenzie back there? He had catching issues too and special teams takes time away from him on offense in practice. Stevenson was bad yesterday but they'll work with him to get better

im not sure judging much in that weather yesterday. cold windy guys slipping all over. The punt fumble was a hit that not many would hold onto the ball it happens. I would argue thats a coaching issue.. Why are you having guys try to do more than just catch a punt on a day like that.

But what's the solution? Put McKenzie back there? He had catching issues too and special teams takes time away from him on offense in practice. Stevenson was bad yesterday but they'll work with him to get better

Yeah I'd put McKenzie back there. Sure he's had ball security issues but he's also a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it. He's our number 4 or 5 WR. There are plenty of wide receivers in the league with equal or greater roles than him that also return kicks (Patterson and Lamb come to mind immediately).

Stevenson has ball security issues on top of the fact that he's not a threat to break a big play at all. What's the point?

Yeah I'd put McKenzie back there. Sure he's had ball security issues but he's also a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it. He's our number 4 or 5 WR. There are plenty of wide receivers in the league with equal or greater roles than him that also return kicks (Patterson and Lamb come to mind immediately).

Stevenson has ball security issues on top of the fact that he's not a threat to break a big play at all. What's the point?

Yeah if he has another awful game or two like yesterday then put McKenize back there, but I think it's slight overreaction to bench him. He had some nice returns in college and is still only a rookie who missed half the season.

I mean.. who do you want to play? There’s no juggernauts in the AFC, but every team in the Playoffs is good.

It’s either the Pats, Colts, Raiders or Chargers most likely.

Positives and negatives to all them, but I can’t really say I want one more than the other. Probably would like to avoid Indy is possible.

I’ll take NE then @ TEN as our path back if that’s how it turns out.

No easy paths.
I have to admit there's an element of "Really, we have to do this again?" element to NE that I don't like. That felt like such a demon slaying game last week; I'd prefer to let it marinate. Plus JA played about perfect and it was still somewhat close for reasons I'm still unclear on (the phantom illegal man downfield, BB voodoo)?
The Raiders stink.
The Colts bandwagon is overflowing a little too much imo. If you're going to play their style with a crappy QB you need a great defense; theirs is good, not great.

Not to look too far ahead, but I believe I saw somewhere that if the Bills win this weekend, then they will once again be playing AT Kansas City again next year. How is it possible that we keep on having to play them at Arrowhead??

Not to look too far ahead, but I believe I saw somewhere that if the Bills win this weekend, then they will once again be playing AT Kansas City again next year. How is it possible that we keep on having to play them at Arrowhead??

Same thing with Tennessee, last 3 games have all been there, it's absurd.

Good news is I believe we would play Tenn again but this one would be at home. Not sure why the AFC West is again on the schedule for order of finish after it just was this year.

I believe that Tennessee would be at home.

Yes sorry I meant our last 3 have been there, next year will finally be at Buffalo. Hopefully there's some change with the AFC south, they shouldn't be on the schedule again.

Yes sorry I meant our last 3 have been there, next year will finally be at Buffalo. Hopefully there's some change with the AFC south, they shouldn't be on the schedule again.
AFCE1 plays AFCN1, AFCS1 and AFCW1, etc.

Tough matchups next year with Cincy, Baltimore, Chiefs, Titans, GB (if Rodgers is still there) and the Rams.

I know we all lament trading away Wyatt Teller, but watching that Cleveland OL last night when asked to primarily pass pro… are we sure that dude is as good here?

They are bullies when run blocking but last night Teller was spinning like a top while that OL was abused.

I know we all lament trading away Wyatt Teller, but watching that Cleveland OL last night when asked to primarily pass pro… are we sure that dude is as good here?

They are bullies when run blocking but last night Teller was spinning like a top while that OL was abused.
He's definitely much better in the run game than the pass game, but he's generally been good enough in the pass game. That whole OLine was collapsing this week though (and it doesn't help that Baker ran into some sacks himself).

Like I said before I'm fine bringing Hughes back for another year at a smaller salary

Burrow and Mixon are out on Sunday.

Mixon is on the COVID list but Burrow admittedly is resting for the post-season.

Sounds like Cincinnati is laying down for the 4th seed.

Burrow and Mixon are out on Sunday.

Mixon is on the COVID list but Burrow admittedly is resting for the post-season.

Sounds like Cincinnati is laying down for the 4th seed.

Assuming Buffalo wins, that sets up Bills vs Colts Rd 2

Assuming Buffalo wins, that sets up Bills vs Colts Rd 2
I was running some playoff simulations today. I would love if the Chargers made it, because I have family in SD so I've always rooted for them. That aside... if the stars aligned and we played LV round 1, that is optimal scenario by far imo.

If KC and TEN win (likely) and CIN loses, we get #3. We then need LV to win, and NE to win.

If LAC wins, then I want KC to lose so we can get the #2.