Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Yeah... I should not have come back to this thread. Ugh.
Seriously... sure lets fire the coach of a really good D which carried the team in a number of games this season (hi Pats and Jags) because of 13 seconds of lunacy vs letting him learn from it. Again, against any other QB but Mahomes, for example Burrows, that game is a complete blowout and the D has like 9 sacks.

See everyone when free agency rolls around.

Seriously... sure lets fire the coach of a really good D which carried the team in a number of games this season (hi Pats and Jags) because of 13 seconds of lunacy vs letting him learn from it. Again, against any other QB but Mahomes, for example Burrows, that game is a complete blowout and the D has like 9 sacks.

Some people just gotta vent. No one is seriously saying McDermott or Frazier should be fired but there's gotta be accountability at some point.

I mean I shouldn’t have come back to trigger my brain again… regardless of the posts. Been trying to avoid as best I can.

Some people just gotta vent. No one is seriously saying McDermott or Frazier should be fired but there's gotta be accountability at some point.

I’m definitely not saying McDermott should be fired.

Frazier, yea, he can go.

Look at his defense any time we play an offense worth a damn. And this is with a ton of investment on that side of the ball. This isn’t just about the KC game and/or 13 seconds.

Allen’s contract starts hitting soon.. even with the cap going up, we can’t afford to give him above average vets and high draft picks all over the place.

His defense dominates bad teams. It’s also a main reason our season has ended where it did through Josh Allen’s first 3 playoff seasons.

Or maybe the game plays out differently at home with a higher seed.. but, that’s right.. his defense was absolute trash against TEN, IND and TB. Outside of KC, literally the only 3 potent offenses we played all year.

Frazier, yea, he can go.

Look at his defense any time we play an offense worth a damn. And this is with a ton of investment on that side of the ball. This isn’t just about the KC game and/or 13 seconds.

Allen’s contract starts hitting soon.. even with the cap going up, we can’t afford to give him above average vets and high draft picks all over the place.

His defense dominates bad teams. It’s also a main reason our season has ended where it did through Josh Allen’s first 3 playoff seasons.

Or maybe the game plays out differently at home with a higher seed.. but, that’s right.. his defense was absolute trash against TEN, IND and TB. Outside of KC, literally the only 3 potent offenses we played all year.

I think we need some new ideas on defense, not sure if that means Frazier has to go but it is a possibility. FWIW I thought they were great in the 2nd half of the TB game. It was mostly the 2nd quarter they the bed.

Frazier, yea, he can go.

Ya you wonder if Buffalo will go back to Allen in a year or two and see about re-structuring a little bit to free up some cap space. He doesn't have to take a hometown discount but as you noted at 40+ mill a year were gonna have to go on the cheap in a few places.

Agreed on Frazier good DC but the D struggles mightily against upper level offenses. That said if McDermott is calling the D it wont matter if he's here or not.

Ya you wonder if Buffalo will go back to Allen in a year or two and see about re-structuring a little bit to free up some cap space. He doesn't have to take a hometown discount but as you noted at 40+ mill a year were gonna have to go on the cheap in a few places.

Agreed on Frazier good DC but the D struggles mightily against upper level offenses. That said if McDermott is calling the D it wont matter if he's here or not.

Yea, the philosophy will be the same. McDermott is a base nickel defense, and i like that tbh.

However, there are a few former Vikings players coming out after the game and saying that getting wildly conservative is Frazier’s MO in big moments. Ben Leber, specifically, stated it got so bad that the players actually discussed changing plays pre-snap.

I think that's my biggest complaint on the defense- its a paper tiger. There wasn't a single point this season (that I can think of) where the defense imposed their will at a critical moment against a really good team.

Challenge for Beane is going to be investing in offense versus defense- at some point, the hundreds of picks (yes a slight exaggeration) on the defensive side of the ball need to pan out. But look at the Chiefs- their defense really couldn't stop Buffalo either (I don't include when Daboll had an out of body experience and kept running the ball). We might be better served keeping the offense truly elite and "managing" the defense. But if that's the case, it has to be a more aggressive scheme to make up for potential lack of talent at some positions.

I hate to admit it but I'm still sick to my stomach over Sunday...

I think that's my biggest complaint on the defense- its a paper tiger. There wasn't a single point this season (that I can think of) where the defense imposed their will at a critical moment against a really good team.

Challenge for Beane is going to be investing in offense versus defense- at some point, the hundreds of picks (yes a slight exaggeration) on the defensive side of the ball need to pan out. But look at the Chiefs- their defense really couldn't stop Buffalo either (I don't include when Daboll had an out of body experience and kept running the ball). We might be better served keeping the offense truly elite and "managing" the defense. But if that's the case, it has to be a more aggressive scheme to make up for potential lack of talent at some positions.

It’s Thursday and I’m still of the mindset that I can’t watch the games Sunday. I saw a preview of Bengals/Chiefs on a tv at the gym and felt reflexive disgust and the need to look away.

Except they destroyed the Patriots just 2 weeks ago and they beat the Chiefs earlier in the season? I guess neither of those teams are a “really good team”?

Except they destroyed the Patriots just 2 weeks ago and they beat the Chiefs earlier in the season? I guess neither of those teams are a “really good team”?
If you believe the defense won either of those games then we will just have to disagree. I stand by what I said- the defense, at critical moments when the chips were down, never got a stop or critical turnover against a playoff caliber team.

It’s Thursday and I’m still of the mindset that I can’t watch the games Sunday. I saw a preview of Bengals/Chiefs on a tv at the gym and felt reflexive disgust and the need to look away.
Yeah. I have little interest in watching. Can't deal with certainly seeing highlights or hearing about last week's game. Too much. Like many... still crushed. Some won't understand (it's just a game!), and that's okay. Not right or wrong, we just won't ever align because there is that disconnect.

It woulda made for an objectively better highlight package if the good guys won too. Instead of a dart of a TD throw in a do or die spot to cap it off you have...a throw my grandma could've made against air to set up a tying FG is the climax? Lame.

If you believe the defense won either of those games then we will just have to disagree. I stand by what I said- the defense, at critical moments when the chips were down, never got a stop or critical turnover against a playoff caliber team.
Huh? Did the d not get two picks at critical points in a playoff game against the pats literally two weeks ago? Did the d not hold the pats to 3 points the entire offer half literally two weeks ago? Did the d not destroy the Mac Jones w the afce on the line? Did the d not get a number of turnovers against the chiefs to beat them? Or were the chiefs and pats not playoff teams? Did the D not shut out Tampa for the entire 2nd half to allow that to be a game? The Bills had to win out after the Tampa game to win the afc east… the D played pretty well after that game.

Let’s keep in mind if the O hadn’t crapped the bed against the Jags, the Pats the first game or had scored that last drive against the Titans last week would have been in Buffalo. Yes the bills got run over by the Colts, but that was the only really horrible game the D and played before last week. And even last week that was more on the Chiefs playing
at an elite level than anything the bills did.

Huh? Did the d not get two picks at critical points in a playoff game against the pats literally two weeks ago? Did the d not hold the pats to 3 points the entire offer half literally two weeks ago? Did the d not destroy the Mac Jones w the afce on the line? Did the d not get a number of turnovers against the chiefs to beat them? Or were the chiefs and pats not playoff teams? Did the D not shut out Tampa for the entire 2nd half to allow that to be a game? The Bills had to win out after the Tampa game to win the afc east… the D played pretty well after that game.

Let’s keep in mind if the O hadn’t crapped the bed against the Jags, the Pats the first game or had scored that last drive against the Titans last week would have been in Buffalo. Yes the bills got run over by the Colts, but that was the only really horrible game the D and played before last week. And even last week that was more on the Chiefs playing
at an elite level than anything the bills did.

people want the DC of a top rated defense fired. Spin it anyway you want but it’s insane to me. Agreed Indy was horrible game and what is the best offense in the league right now beat them up last weekend, the D was on the field quite a quite a bit versus KC.

Not sure what that says about the bills if Dorsey would leave the bills for a lateral move to a much worse roster and no QB.
if Both coaches offer him the OC position and he goes to the Giants it says he’d rather work for Daboll than McDermott. it’s also risky but if he were to revive the Giants offense he would be a HC candidate in a few years. Not sure what’s the better job for him but thats what it says about the Bills not much really. I hope he stays and becomes the OC because it would seem rather seamless

Not sure what that says about the bills if Dorsey would leave the bills for a lateral move to a much worse roster and no QB.
Dorsey was passing game coordinator, no? All the rumors say he will be the OC with the Giants.

Dorsey was passing game coordinator, no? All the rumors say he will be the OC with the Giants.

yeah looks like he’s heading to the Giants as the OC. sounds like Daboll wasnt Going without him more or less. They both have done such a great job in Buffalo. McDermott going to have to go outside the family here.

Before we get too excited about coaches, I'd give you all three of them back for Josh Allen who was sent to Buffalo from another planet and will return when his mission is complete. Jones, of course, would be better if the offensive line could block the Salvation Army band.

Considering the Giants defense is on the field most of the game, I think they are at least middle of the road. Until the offensive line is rebuilt there will be no joy in Mudville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom