Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

I certainly want to address the skill positions (mainly WR and TE), but part of the YAC thing with the Chiefs is also scheme related. Nobody does it better than Reid IMO be it the screen game or the quick hitters in space. It isn't as easy as adding speed and elusiveness.

That is legal. It’s actually smart.
It would be a 5 yard penalty.

The just tackling every legal receiver would work as well.
It would kill time and if you tackle them right off the LOS the PI isn’t bad either.
I cannot say I knew this before this AM, bit this ^^^ would not have been legal.
Been on the books now for 4-5 years:

I can't remember the stages of grief but I know I'm not far along at all.

I don’t think this one dissipates for a while.

I stumbled into the office at noon and got nothing done today.

Free Agency is when I’ll be able to re-engage outside of venting.

I have zero want to watch these games on Sunday. I’m legit sad, and kind of embarrassed that it’s affecting me this way ha. Feels like the day after you break up with someone who you still care for. Excited for the future, but it’s going to hurt for a while.

I have zero want to watch these games on Sunday. I’m legit sad, and kind of embarrassed that it’s affecting me this way ha. Feels like the day after you break up with someone who you still care for. Excited for the future, but it’s going to hurt for a while.
Yeah, not going to be in the mood to watch Sunday's games. Those last 13 seconds are just on repeat in my head every time I look away from the computer screen... I'm just glad I no longer work with Chiefs fans, I would probably say something regrettable. On the plus side, Titans fans have all said some version of "at least you can run it back again next year"... having a certified stud at QB is still such a refreshing feeling that they, and probably 27 other teams do not have the luxury of looking forward to.

Drop a large amount on the games this weekend.
That seems to help get most people’s interest up in watching games that their favorite team is not playing in.
Maybe it’s just me, but it really helps after my team is knocked out of any sport.

I'm supposed to go the USMNT game against Panama on Thursday and then fly to Australia next Tuesday for a month. At this point, I expect US to lose, I get COVID at the game, and then am not allowed on the plane to Australia.

Great post.

I agree with all of it. If we can get off Edmunds contract via trade, (I’m not sure if that’s accurate) we have to. He’s not worth it and we should not re-sign him. Spend on corners and pass rushers. That’s it. KC spent a 1st on Nick Bolton, ok, cool… had about as much of an effect as Edmunds.

Alas, they love Edmunds so this seems to be a guy our fanbase will have to come to terms with.

I’m on board with taking a Corner in the 1st, but that’s about it until the 4th round. 2nd and 3rd round picks should be offense and we desperately need speed for Allen, to your point about Mahomes and his YAC.

Yeah I hate judging players by one game but the Chiefs went after Edmunds yesterday. I think they'll still keep Edmunds but Beane will get decent value on him.

At least I’m not alone with how I feel… pretty sure my GF was legitimately concerned about me last night and probably still is.

Guess it’s something nobody will ever truly understand unless they are in the same shoes as me, like some here.

At least I’m not alone with how I feel… pretty sure my GF was legitimately concerned about me last night and probably still is.

Guess it’s something nobody will ever truly understand unless they are in the same shoes as me, like some here.

Yup. My girl gets it now. She didn’t at first. Last year she had no idea how to process what my problem was after we lost to KC.

This year, she’s checking in on me like a family member died.

All this talk about the kickoff probably doesn't matter. Kick it near the end zone: they let it bounce and it probably goes into the end zone for a touchback. Squib it, they probably fall on it around the 25 give or take and no time comes off the clock because they gave themselves up immediately. A squib kick is probably more likely to give KC better field position with the same amount of time than we ultimately gave them. The high arcing kick probably would have been the right call; more likely to get the returner to panic and catch it and there's always a chance that if they don't catch it, it doesn't bounce into the end zone. But in all likelihood, 25 yard line with 13 seconds left was pretty much as good as we could realistically manage.

The defense was an atrocity. Just tackle everyone off the snap and you probably win the game on an incomplete hail mary. Mainly focus on protecting the middle of the field to force a more time consuming pass to the outside. Or just play cover 2 man defense (and probably force Hill to get open on a crosser where he at least needs to turn up field instead of just catching it while already going up field). Pretty much anything but what we attempted to do and we win that game.

It sucks, and for all the understandable frustration with Frazier after that, if he leaves, McD will just hire another Frazier. At the end of the day, we're running the defense that McD wants us to run. All Frazier leaving will do for us is likely give us the same defense but more poorly coached.

Thankfully we have time between now and free agency to kinda calm down and more logically think about how to chart our path this offseason, but for me at least, some of the things that I think need to be considered in the very least would be:
  • Trading Edmunds (be it for cap relief/picks or for a more high impact player)
  • Cutting Beasley/letting Sanders walk for cap relief
  • Cutting Morse/Darryl Williams for cap relief
  • Diggs extension (both because, duh, and also cap relief)
  • Poyer re-structure for cap relief
As far as our in-house free agents go, the ones that I think will be interesting are Wallace, Harrison Phillips, Hughes, and McKenzie. If you asked me a few weeks ago, Phillips and McKenzie would be definite walk-aways for me, but they came on strong down the stretch and I think have made the decision more complicated for us. Wallace and Hughes continue to be solid players but at some point you have to let some guys go as we start to pay Allen a ton of money.

If we let Beasley and Sanders walk this offseason, WR quickly becomes a high-priority spot to address IMO. I'd like to at least gauge the price for Cedrick Wilson and Michael Gallup from Dallas; Wilson has been covered up by their WR corps but he's a good young player that could thrive with more playing time. Gallup has been relatively disappointing/injured the past couple years after kinda bursting onto the scene his sophomore year. Braxton Berrios or Adam Humphries could make sense to fill Beasley's role as well.

Outside of WR, pass rushing help will once again be a high priority and we could use depth pretty much across the board.
A high kick between the 5 and 15 yard lines would have been the way to go. Very likely the returner fair catches the ball and they have poor field position. If he risks letting the ball drop then it could be a disaster.

Logged on to say some of the same stuff ha. Glad I'm not alone. Embarrassing how depressed I am over a dumb game. I'm a grown man ffs. Accomplished nothing today. Zero chance I watch the afc game next week. We'll see about the other one.
I just want one ship. Dad isn't getting any younger. Just feels like it's never going to happen at this point.
17 did the thing we've been waiting for from our qb since forever, twice, and our dip***t coach threw it away. So sickening. I really don't know if I'll be able to stand this idiot running our team in JAs prime years. It's not like he's some offensive wizard. Defensive time outs and strategy are his thing and he gave us that.

I certainly want to address the skill positions (mainly WR and TE), but part of the YAC thing with the Chiefs is also scheme related. Nobody does it better than Reid IMO be it the screen game or the quick hitters in space. It isn't as easy as adding speed and elusiveness.
No doubt. Reid gets ripped for his clock management but as an offensive innovator he's in a league by himself. Of course it helps to have a super elite QB.

Logged on to say some of the same stuff ha. Glad I'm not alone. Embarrassing how depressed I am over a dumb game. I'm a grown man ffs. Accomplished nothing today. Zero chance I watch the afc game next week. We'll see about the other one.
I just want one ship. Dad isn't getting any younger. Just feels like it's never going to happen at this point.
17 did the thing we've been waiting for from our qb since forever, twice, and our dip***t coach threw it away. So sickening. I really don't know if I'll be able to stand this idiot running our team in JAs prime years. It's not like he's some offensive wizard. Defensive time outs and strategy are his thing and he gave us that.

Over the last 15-20 years there has been this trend of teams finally ending a very long drought and winning a championship. Way too numerous to get them all but the Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Eagles, Braves, Cavs, UGA football, SU in hoops, the list is long. The Bills day will come.

This is why I'm not too down

Great bit by Eisen.

What killed them was scoring on 4th down. They were running the six minute offense perfectly and trying to take it down to as close to zero as possible. The penalty and sack forced them to take a deep shot.

scored to soon.

Great bit by Eisen.

What killed them was scoring on 4th down. They were running the six minute offense perfectly and trying to take it down to as close to zero as possible. The penalty and sack forced them to take a deep shot.

scored to soon.

Ehhh maybe but with the Chiefs having all of their timeouts I think they would've used them, and then maybe the get the ball last and win it in regulation.

I imagine that Bills fans feel like UCONN fans after the 6 OT game.
What a great game. Sucks to have lost, but you lost in an all time great game, and for the Bills, you know that for the next 10-15 years, you have a guy that gives you a chance to win every year. (Unfortunately, it looks like the other best 3 guys at that position are all in the AFC)

I imagine that Bills fans feel like UCONN fans after the 6 OT game.
What a great game. Sucks to have lost, but you lost in an all time great game, and for the Bills, you know that for the next 10-15 years, you have a guy that gives you a chance to win every year. (Unfortunately, it looks like the other best 3 guys at that position are all in the AFC)

Rodgers may feel like his best fit is Denver, but yeesh… good luck.

We had to do everything we could to blow it, and we did.
Not even a Bills fan but was rooting for them but can’t say I truly cared THAT much personally…and I was still sick for you all.

All I can say is my Giants 1997 and 2002 playoff meltdowns sucked to an insane degree(I laid facedown on the couch without moving or speaking for like a solid 30 minutes after that 02 Niners choke job)….and we amazingly won 2 SBs in the next 10 years. People don’t even remember that 2002 Niners loss, but it….was the most ridiculous loss you could possibly have.

Don’t let the angst of old timers and 30 year old losses get to you. You got an elite QB and should have a shot every year in the near future.

Last edited:
No. Can’t look at it that way. Butkers missed a FG and XP to keep the Bills in it. Bills took every advantage they had to stay in the game.
Bills may have been better off butker hitting that XP and thus having only a 2pt lead with 13 seconds left .. then they don’t play byotch ass defensive scheme

Bills may have been better off butker hitting that XP and thus having only a 2pt lead with 13 seconds left .. then they don’t play byotch ass defensive scheme
Rest of the game plays out differently - Hill td makes it 33-28 and they go for 2...
But yeah, I was thinking that too, a Bass missed XP at the end probably wins us the game.
These jackarse coaches man. Unbelievable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom