Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

I think Beane believes in the elusiveness metrics that are out there on RBs. Singletary and Moss are like #1 and #2 all-time in PFF's elusiveness rating in college or close to it.

Yep and that's what you want out of your RBs which is why those picks have been fine. Just make guys miss/pick up extra yards when possible. You don't need to ask your RB to go Barry Sanders/Thurman Thomas all the time when passing the ball helps you more.

Strong Draft. I give it a B.

Elijah Moore over Rousseau would’ve gotten an A from me.

OR

If Addison is now off the opening day roster, also an A.

Our division rivals all got way better. We should still win the division, and it shouldn’t be terribly close.

KC and Cleveland, in particular, have gotten noticeably better from the roster they both had to finish this past season.

We got deeper. The Front 7 picks need to start hitting. Rousseau/Basham will help, but for 2021 Oliver, Edmunds and Epenesa need to start stepping the **** up.

Seems Bills FO believes the run game woes can be solved in-house. They believe in Knox, and I’m ok with that. WR group is strong and I’m hoping Stevenson makes the active roster because speed can’t be taught.

That being said, our defense returning to Top 10 form, and being able to pressure QB’s, is what we clearly targeted this off-season, and that’s our ticket past KC.

Loved the Tackle picks, because our Tackle depth was a dumpster fire that nobody seemed to be paying attention to... aside from our coaches clearly.

Strong Draft. I give it a B.

Elijah Moore over Rousseau would’ve gotten an A from me.

OR

If Addison is now off the opening day roster, also an A.

Our division rivals all got way better. We should still win the division, and it shouldn’t be terribly close.

KC and Cleveland, in particular, have gotten noticeably better from the roster they both had to finish this past season.

We got deeper. The Front 7 picks need to start hitting. Rousseau/Basham will help, but for 2021 Oliver, Edmunds and Epenesa need to start stepping the **** up.

Seems Bills FO believes the run game woes can be solved in-house. They believe in Knox, and I’m ok with that. WR group is strong and I’m hoping Stevenson makes the active roster because speed can’t be taught.

That being said, our defense returning to Top 10 form, and being able to pressure QB’s, is what we clearly targeted this off-season, and that’s our ticket past KC.

Loved the Tackle picks, because our Tackle depth was a dumpster fire that nobody seemed to be paying attention to... aside from our coaches clearly.

I agree with giving this draft a B for now. I would've been totally fine with Moore, but I think my first preference would've been trade down and then drafting Samuel Jr + Basham in the 2nd round. I think Rousseau will be fine though and I love the tackle picks.

It sounds like Addison is still a lock for the roster, but next year is pretty much his and Jerry's last years as Bills. The staff wants them to mentor the young guys while providing a little depth, then transition over for 2022.

Cleveland, New England, and LA all got better IMO and Miami and Baltimore added more weapons to their offenses. But our schedule doesn't look that bad next with playing Pittsburgh (who had a poor draft IMO) + AFC South.

Can't wait for the schedule release next week

Today's the day for Allen and Edmunds' 5th year options. Obviously Allen's is just a formality. Curious to see what we end up doing with Edmunds though; I think both outcomes are pretty justifiable.

I just hope all our guys get vaccinated. It just seems it'll be an advantage going into the season. After reading that article it seems to be a PITA if they have to go back to last seasons standards.
I get where Beane is coming from as a GM who wants to win and has to adhere to league rules, but this article makes my blood boil.

If I remember correctly, even guys like Shaq Lawson and Jordan Phillips, who had every reason to act insulted by Beane, still went on to praise him when asked about him on their new teams.

I get where Beane is coming from as a GM who wants to win and has to adhere to league rules, but this article makes my blood boil.
And here I thought it was liberals who were easily triggered...

It's a free world, just like you are free to not get vaccinated, a private employer is free to not welcome you if you are not vaccinated. If there is a health risk where a player can't get vaccinated, I get it... but if there is no health risk then it's up to the player.

Schools require vaccinations for kids... not sure why we can't do the same for adults. Why people want to prolong a pandemic and give the virus more opportunities to mutate, I have no idea. And yes I realize this should probably be on the OT board so feel free to delete.

It's a free world, just like you are free to not get vaccinated, a private employer is free to not welcome you if you are not vaccinated. If there is a health risk where a player can't get vaccinated, I get it... but if there is no health risk then it's up to the player.

Schools require vaccinations for kids... not sure why we can't do the same for adults. Why people want to prolong a pandemic and give the virus more opportunities to mutate, I have no idea. And yes I realize this should probably be on the OT board so feel free to delete.
I’d love to see Beane cut Josh for not getting the vaccine. Lol.

He’s not threatening to cut them over any realistic health concerns, he’s saying this because of potential league protocols for vaccination participation... and yes, that’s disgusting to me. Not Beane’s comments, but the framework he has to work within.

Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs etc, they won’t get cut.. but a fringe linebacker has to make this decision based on the league invoking competitive advantage pressure.

Last edited:
Totally agree with Matt here re: Beane's comments.

If we’re just worried about missed time because of an illness. Will teams also be making cuts based on if someone has had the flu vaccine, or no? Not having that vaccine would certainly put them at higher risk of missed time as well.

so its like millions of other jobs if performance could get you cut. lots of places ate trying to figure what to do with people who wont get shots..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom