Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Who would have guessed that on this day Tyrod Taylor would have a better game than Josh Allen.

In about 30 mins of watching other games I've seen 8-10 catches that our receivers didn't make today. Our group may possibly be over-rated.

In about 30 mins of watching other games I've seen 8-10 catches that our receivers didn't make today. Our group may possibly be over-rated.
Allen also missed some wide open throws. He has to be better obviously.

They are.

People seem to forget how otherworldly Josh Allen was last year. He singlehandedly won us the Colts playoff game.

We have a lot of talent, but I’ve always thought our WR room was more Diggs and quality 2/3/4 WRs than it was a bunch of studs.

Most teams don’t have Davis as a 4, that sets us apart.

They are.

People seem to forget how otherworldly Josh Allen was last year. He singlehandedly won us the Colts playoff game.

We have a lot of talent, but I’ve always thought our WR room was more Diggs and quality 2/3/4 WRs than it was a bunch of studs.

Most teams don’t have Davis as a 4, that sets us apart.
Agree, Davis should be 2, Beasley Slot (he's half our running game) and #1 should be the fourth guy

We have a really solid wideout room. Again some odd takes post game.

They are solid. That's not what I said...I said they may be over-rated, because other than Davis' end zone catch, which was great, I've seen now like 15 catches that our guys didn't make today.

Talking about catching with big hands under pressure

Allen missed sanders on a wide open touchdown. Officials took away a pick from us. Punt block was just horrific execution. Fourth down play calling especially the lateral on fourth and 1, horrible. 4 crucial plays.

They are solid. That's not what I said...I said they may be over-rated, because other than Davis' end zone catch, which was great, I've seen now like 15 catches that our guys didn't make today.

Talking about catching with big hands under pressure

rough take here. Be better

rough take here. Be better
I mean, I'm not getting personal at all, but the seam routes (two of 'em) that were broken up after catch were REALLY big plays and those catches were made and held onto all over the League today. Of course there are also other examples of break-ups around the NFL, and I do like our WRs, but they didn't help the QB much against the Steelers.

Just being fair, I love the team as constructed but its not "perfect"

Claypool and Johnson made the two best catches of the game. Both had our guys who were in great position.

Our guys allowed their DBs to dislodge a couple.

It is what it is… everyone on Offense, outside of Singletary and Knox, were subpar.

Claypool and Johnson made the two best catches of the game. Both had our guys who were in great position.

It is what it is… everyone on Offense, outside of Singletary and Knox, were subpar.

Yup they made a few great catches, not much you can do sometimes. Our guys have made those catches in the past but not today. We have a great WR core but seemed like the passing game was slightly off all day be it drops or bad throws bad Josh. I thought we should have featured Singletary more, he looked good running the ball and caught a few passes. He does need to stop with the fumbles. Our use of Breida made zero sense.

Yup they made a few great catches, not much you can do sometimes. Our guys have made those catches in the past but not today. We have a great WR core but seemed like the passing game was slightly off all day be it drops or bad throws bad Josh. I thought we should have featured Singletary more, he looked good running the ball and caught a few passes. He does need to stop with the fumbles. Our use of Breida made zero sense.
We faced a 4 man front that got pressure all game.

Our answer was to go empty almost every play and let them tee off.

For the first time in a while, I was begging them to run.

Singletary looks fantastic.

I was in favor of going with Breida, but with how the game played out, we probably could’ve used Moss as a pass pro back. Also, Breida getting stonewalled on 3rd and short when he just needed to fall forward was brutal.

Singletary put the ball on the carpet twice, and his big plays were at points in the game where I'm sure the Steelers were happy to let us run the ball.

Coaching was brutal yesterday, IMO.

Was the Indy playoff game the last decent showing from the offense?

Our WR group is good overall, but Beasley had drop issues last year and he had a bad one early on that would've moved the chains.

This game was about the interior O-line having a bad day, wish they could've upgraded that spot in the offseason.

For a team looking to get the 1 seed, this was a bad spot to lay an egg. Although at least the Steelers play in a tough division so hopefully they won't be in contention for it.

I'm not that worried overall, but what a bummer opening the season.

Our WR group is good overall, but Beasley had drop issues last year and he had a bad one early on that would've moved the chains.

This game was about the interior O-line having a bad day, wish they could've upgraded that spot in the offseason.

For a team looking to get the 1 seed, this was a bad spot to lay an egg. Although at least the Steelers play in a tough division so hopefully they won't be in contention for it.

I'm not that worried overall, but what a bummer opening the season.
Can't overstate how much the new playoff format blows. It de-values the season almost to basically 1seed or bust. Silver lining is IDK how realistic the #1 was anyway with having to go to KC next month. We could definitely see the Steelers again wildcard wknd same place and channel.

Anyone else surprised we're laying 3.5 next week; it was 2.5 before yesterday.

F***** infuriating to read this tweet.

Bills fans everywhere were begging to upgrade the IOL after the Chiefs game.

We went status quo in re-signing Feliciano.

Can't overstate how much the new playoff format blows. It de-values the season almost to basically 1seed or bust. Silver lining is IDK how realistic the #1 was anyway with having to go to KC next month. We could definitely see the Steelers again wildcard wknd same place and channel.

Anyone else surprised we're laying 3.5 next week; it was 2.5 before yesterday.
I won’t give up hopes of the 1 seed after one week, but it certainly looks like it’s KC’s to lose again.

Not surprised by the line. Miami should’ve lost to NE if Harris doesn’t fumble at the 5. Bills coming off a loss, and most people (hope they’re right) believe the Bills are much better than what they showed on Sunday.

F***** infuriating to read this tweet.

Bills fans everywhere were begging to upgrade the IOL after the Chiefs game.

We went status quo in re-signing Feliciano.

Buffalo was hurt considerably by the pandemic lowering the Capz they went from having 25-30 mill in cap space to like 2 mill. I do agree that we should have upgraded but we went with resigning Milano and others and addressing tackle in the draft. Not sure what we can do at this point as a trade seems unlikely. Probably stuck until the offseason.

Saw shades of 2019 Josh in that one (ineptitude of the offensive line obviously contributing to that). Inaccurate, lacking pocket/field awareness and throwing deep balls into oblivion. Hopefully it's just an opening game blip and not an actual regression.

I won’t give up hopes of the 1 seed after one week, but it certainly looks like it’s KC’s to lose again.

Not surprised by the line. Miami should’ve lost to NE if Harris doesn’t fumble at the 5. Bills coming off a loss, and most people (hope they’re right) believe the Bills are much better than what they showed on Sunday.
I get that, not saying Miami's power rating should be upgraded but lets say NE doesn't fumble and wins, that game went pretty much exactly as expected. Still surprised it moved across 3 which is a massive point but this isn't the gambling thread, ha. They have so much riding on Tua, it is a nice receiving core when healthy.

Saw shades of 2019 Josh in that one (ineptitude of the offensive line obviously contributing to that). Inaccurate, lacking pocket/field awareness and throwing deep balls into oblivion. Hopefully it's just an opening game blip and not an actual regression.
If it makes you feel any better, he looked like 2020 Chiefs Playoff Game Josh Allen.

The only solace I take from that is it seems his play was, again, directly tied to an OL that was a dumpster fire.

I think the OL will be good against teams without dominating DL’s, but I do not feel confident right now in their ability against good teams with strong playmakers on the DL like Pittsburgh, KC and Cleveland.

Dawkins is way better than he showed. I’ll chalk it up to his covid issues.

I don’t know what Williams problem was. He handled Watt last year. Watt owned him this year.

The interior OL, I have no words. Beane refused to address it and it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom