Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Thinking back on that game, it’s incredible how many things had to go wrong to lose. If one more winning play or one less losing play happens, good chance bills at least tie it. Especially second half. We had the ball in Jacksonville territory 4 times with not a single FG attempt! Included in these are multiple drops as well (Davis, Beasley).

- interception outside redzone forcing to Beasley
- punt after fourth and 2 false start
- fumble on third and 2 rpo
- sack, incomplete fourth and long

Absolutely absurd how those all stalled. Completely botched execution.

Thinking back on that game, it’s incredible how many things had to go wrong to lose. If one more winning play or one less losing play happens, good chance bills at least tie it. Especially second half. We had the ball in Jacksonville territory 4 times with not a single FG attempt! Included in these are multiple drops as well (Davis, Beasley).

That punt was stupid, even after the penalty IMO. Btw, speaking of false starts, were the refs instructed to not throw false start flags on the Jags? Their final scoring drive I counted three blatant false starts on their RT that went uncalled, including on the third and goal play where both the RT and RG went way before the snap.

Also, Davis had a BIG drop at the end of the game that puts us in FG range to tie and gives us a 1st with time to win the game.

Also, Davis had a BIG drop at the end of the game that puts us in FG range to tie and gives us a 1st with time to win the game.
Yeah I mentioned it. He had room to run. My feed paused right before the ball hit his hands but I would have bet 10/10 he catches it. Couldn’t believe it was dropped when my feed returned a few seconds after.

That punt was stupid, even after the penalty IMO. Btw, speaking of false starts, were the refs instructed to not throw false start flags on the Jags? Their final scoring drive I counted three blatant false starts on their RT that went uncalled, including on the third and goal play where both the RT and RG went way before the snap.

I don't think we can...I think we dress 1 TE, 2 RBs and 17 DEs

The DEs need to be kept fresh while barely providing any of the pressure the other teams' D-Lines get against our O

Yeah the inconsistency in the D-line is maddening, tons of draft capital and $$ spent there with inconsistent results at best. Again I hope we see some changes next week, lets get Bates in the lineup on the OL, Williams active and hopefully Knox back. The Oline issues can't be solved until the off-season at this point but we can try and juice the running game up and definitely get Diggs more involved in the passing game.

I don't think we can...I think we dress 1 TE, 2 RBs and 17 DEs

The DEs need to be kept fresh while barely providing any of the pressure the other teams' D-Lines get against our O

The Bills only had Sweeney, Gilliam and two PS guys.

I do appreciate the roast of our DL, as it frustrates the hell out of me too.

Even more frustrating is that we failed to address IOL, TE or RB. Knox developed and they were right to trust in him, but before the deadline - we see then OL issues - and choose to upgrade nothing when, we know, there were at least upgrades available at TE2 in Ertz where we could’ve gone more 11/12 personnel etc.

Other teams have injuries to OL and TE to then not have to trot out guys that look to have no business on the field. Sweeney & Ford in particular, are useless.

Even more frustrating is that we failed to address IOL, TE or RB. Knox developed and they were right to trust in him, but before the deadline - we see then OL issues - and choose to upgrade nothing when, we know, there were at least upgrades available at TE2 in Ertz where we could’ve gone more 11/12 personnel etc.

Other teams have injuries to OL and TE to then not have to trot out guys that look to have no business on the field. Sweeney & Ford in particular, are useless.

Sweeney looked really bad, we need to address back up TE in the draft or FA this off-season because man he looked lost.

yeah they should have at least picked up a piece at interior O line the past couple weeks and could have shed a D Lineman to make room you would think. Really a gamble that appears to have backfired

yeah they should have at least picked up a piece at interior O line the past couple weeks and could have shed a D Lineman to make room you would think. Really a gamble that appears to have backfired

I agree, but who knows if any IOL were even available. Most teams have 1 or 2 good/decent guards and then have to hope. Who knows if anyone was willing to trade. You have teams hoping for Playoffs and teams trying to protect young QB’s… not a great idea to part with anyone worth anything.

Which makes it even more egregious that we didn’t address IOL in the off-season. We knew it was an issue.

We did know Ertz could’ve been had. Do I think we win that game if we had Ertz out there instead of Sweeney?… As bad as it was, and I’m not saying we win easily, but yes… yes, I think we win with competent TE play making and blocking - and moving forward 12 personnel would be an option.

I agree, but who knows if any IOL were even available. Most teams have 1 or 2 good/decent guards and then have to hope. Who knows if anyone was willing to trade. You have teams hoping for Playoffs and teams trying to protect young QB’s… not a great idea to part with anyone worth anything.

Which makes it even more egregious that we didn’t address IOL in the off-season. We knew it was an issue.

We did know Ertz could’ve been had. Do I think we win that game if we had Ertz out there instead of Sweeney?… As bad as it was, and I’m not saying we win easily, but yes… yes, I think we win with competent TE play making and blocking - and moving forward 12 personnel would be an option.

Ertz should be a major target this off-season, I know Knox's contract isn't exactly long term right now but getting two quality TE's on this team is a must.

I'd rather they address OG/C and getting another Speed WR like Brown than another TE.

I'd rather they address OG/C and getting another Speed WR like Brown than another TE.

Easier to address those in the draft then FA. Upper level O-linemen are in high demand you almost always have to overpay. A speed guy might be had through FA but there really isn't much out there that I can think of this off-season.

Easier to address those in the draft then FA. Upper level O-linemen are in high demand you almost always have to overpay. A speed guy might be had through FA but there really isn't much out there that I can think of this off-season.

Yeah going for OL depth in FA instead of overpaying and using the draft to nab a OL starter is the way to go. The whiff on the Ford pick is killing them right now

Last edited:
Yeah going for OL depth in FA instead of overpaying and using the draft to nab a OL starter is prolly the way to go. The whiff on the Ford pick is killing them right now

For sure, Teller was a huge mistake and even though Spain had his struggles you wonder if he would be doing a better job. Ford has been a huge problem, Id give Bates a shot at this point, can't possibly be worse.

This should be made into banner in the Bills' locker room.
'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' ”

1636428492443.png

Yeah that looks like a problem.
Screenshots aren’t fair a lot of the time because it takes away how quick stuff is happening, but that’s pretty clear. What is Ford doing?