Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Allen > Mahomes - I’m ready to say it.

Spencer Brown at RT / Williams at RG looks to have solidified this OL as a strength.

Knox is an absolute stud. Entering top tier TE territory.

Zack Moss is a Chris Carson clone.

Rousseau was such a ridiculous steal at the end of the 1st Round.

Star makes a difference.

Edmunds next up for an extension if he has a few more games like last night.

Collinsworth needs to go through a table.

Agreed, but Beane has always said that he isn’t building for a short window… with Allen and all the young talent on this team - we’re definitely hopeful that this window is open for a while.
I agree, I expect the Bills to be the best team in the AFC East for the foreseeable future. Because KC doesn't really seem like themselves this year (maybe it's temporary, maybe it's a long-term problem with them -- we'll see), it seems like all the stars are aligning this year for the Bills to have home-field throughout the playoffs.

Don't know if he's struggling with an injury but would love to see Gabe Davis join the party when ready.

Agreed, but Beane has always said that he isn’t building for a short window… with Allen and all the young talent on this team - we’re definitely hopeful that this window is open for a while.

Looks like a 2-3 year window and then it will take some rebuilding as Hyde and Poyer age out, O-line will need some new faces, Wr group outside of Diggs and maybe Davis will need to be re-done etc.

Allen > Mahomes - I’m ready to say it.

Spencer Brown at RT / Williams at RG looks to have solidified this OL as a strength.

Knox is an absolute stud. Entering top tier TE territory.

Zack Moss is a Chris Carson clone.

Rousseau was such a ridiculous steal at the end of the 1st Round.

Star makes a difference.

Edmunds next up for an extension if he has a few more games like last night.

Collinsworth needs to go through a table.

Hard to disagree with almost any of that which feels great to say. Still worry that this offense sometimes beats itself whether its Daboll or we just try to play conservative with a lead, still feels like they are scratching the surface. Great to see Knox finally break out and Edmunds is clearly playing the best of his career. Only issue is that you wonder how Buffalo is going to be able to afford to extend all these guys, seems highly unlikely. Like what I see from Rousseau, good playing the run and seems like a guy who again is just scratching the surface. Moss looked excellent last night as well after he and Devin both dropped early passes.

Looks like a 2-3 year window and then it will take some rebuilding as Hyde and Poyer age out, O-line will need some new faces, Wr group outside of Diggs and maybe Davis will need to be re-done etc.

Rebuilding or Retooling?

I have unwavering faith in Beane/McDermott at this point

Coming into this year, we knew Hughes/Addison might be riding off into the sunset after this year. (With the way we rotate, maybe not). They go and develop Epenesa into a weapon at DE, draft an absolute stud in Rousseau and then add Boogie for good measure.

Poyer misses the Houston game.. Johnson steps up in and balls out.

We even have random guys like Siran Neal playing great in Kansas City, when asked to step up because our young All-Pro potential, locked up long term linebacker Matt Milano is out.

I think McDermott will, almost always, have a good defense. Last year seems to be a one off.

WR, for me, is where we need to hit on our moves. Diggs will be around for a while, but Beasley/Sanders may or may not be here next year. Davis, to me, is a good #3, but I’m not ready to depend on him moving forward.

Hard to disagree with almost any of that which feels great to say. Still worry that this offense sometimes beats itself whether its Daboll or we just try to play conservative with a lead, still feels like they are scratching the surface. Great to see Knox finally break out and Edmunds is clearly playing the best of his career. Only issue is that you wonder how Buffalo is going to be able to afford to extend all these guys, seems highly unlikely. Like what I see from Rousseau, good playing the run and seems like a guy who again is just scratching the surface. Moss looked excellent last night as well after he and Devin both dropped early passes.

Im not worried much about the cap.

We can re-sign whoever we want really.

In the next few years, we will have to hit on FA/Draft/Development replacements for Hughes, Addison, Butler, Star, Hyde, Morse, Sanders, and Beasley.

Money positions locked down long term (or likely to be) are:

QB
LT
RT
WR1
TE
DE1
DE2
DE3
MLB
WLB
CB1
SLOT
S

One thing people migth have missed last night that I just happened to catch, after that hit on Kelce by Poyer someone from the Chief bench was yelling at Poyer and you can hear him say " I'll do that s^it again" Classic.
Absolutely love that. Wish Hill had been drilled as well.

the chiefs love to muck it up after the whistle and push guys over piles. The Bills just pushed their ish in last night, during the whistle.

I agree, I expect the Bills to be the best team in the AFC East for the foreseeable future. Because KC doesn't really seem like themselves this year (maybe it's temporary, maybe it's a long-term problem with them -- we'll see), it seems like all the stars are aligning this year for the Bills to have home-field throughout the playoffs.

Chargers look REAALLL good. Actually so do the Browns. But good point

Just got back from KC, wanted to share a few thoughts

-This is the type of defensive gameplan that Frazier thrives in IMO. He's not a super aggressive, exotic blitz guy like a Rex Ryan, but he does a great job coaching up the secondary and disguising coverages that can fool even the best QBs. Now he's got the horses on the D-line to generate pressure rather than have to blitz every time (still wouldn't mind seeing him dial up the pressure in certain situations, but it's a D-Coordinator's dream to be able to drop 7 in coverage and still get pressure with the front four)

Edit: Also, Rousseau is playing WAY ahead of where I expected him to be so far. He's going to be a Calais Campbell clone, maybe even a Mario Williams like DE.

-Arrowhead is a pretty neat venue, it def can get loud there (although the Ralph is still louder ;).) No issues getting back quickly to where I was staying after the game which was nice, although prolly aided by fans leaving early due to the weather/score.

-Liked seeing Daboll use Allen in the running game early on especially with Jones out.

-Sanders continues to show what an excellent pickup he's been. Still got some wheels and he is an excellent route runner which is critical to have in this offense.

-O-line had a terrific game IMO. I would love to see Beane still try to add a veteran Guard, but I think this is the group going forward.

-Refs were pretty horrible, both teams got some horrible calls.

-Allen. Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said, just a freaking awesome game. That hurdle made Bills fans go nuts while Chiefs fans got demoralized. Kudos to the camera guy who got the photo below, it'll prolly become my new iPhone wallpaper lol

Last edited:
Chargers look REAALLL good. Actually so do the Browns. But good point
No doubt -- the Chargers (and Browns) are both for real. Because each of those teams play in divisions that are way harder than the AFC East, I'm hoping they'll take some losses and Buffalo will cruise to home field. Obviously anything can happen in a playoff game but I feel like warm weather teams (e.g. Chargers, Raiders) often struggle on the road in cold January playoff conditions.

Rebuilding or Retooling?

I have unwavering faith in Beane/McDermott at this point

Coming into this year, we knew Hughes/Addison might be riding off into the sunset after this year. (With the way we rotate, maybe not). They go and develop Epenesa into a weapon at DE, draft an absolute stud in Rousseau and then add Boogie for good measure.

Poyer misses the Houston game.. Johnson steps up in and balls out.

We even have random guys like Siran Neal playing great in Kansas City, when asked to step up because our young All-Pro potential, locked up long term linebacker Matt Milano is out.

I think McDermott will, almost always, have a good defense. Last year seems to be a one off.

WR, for me, is where we need to hit on our moves. Diggs will be around for a while, but Beasley/Sanders may or may not be here next year. Davis, to me, is a good #3, but I’m not ready to depend on him moving forward.
This is a great post. It’s unfamiliar territory for Bills fans but when you have three main ingredients the rest tends to fall in place:

1) Franchise QB;
2) Talented GM who proactively manages against the cap and avoids onerous contracts;
3) Head coach who has insanely high expectations but also is willing to learn. Remember how bad McD was at end of half/end of game clock management in years 1-2?

We’re all conditioned to expect the other shoe to drop (double whammy being Bills and Cuse fans) but we are set up for 10+ year run where contending for the AFC East is an annual expectation and Super Bowl aspirations are frequent. I know the road is going to be hard, especially out of the AFC. But the team I saw last night looked like it has the pieces to, quoting Major League, win the whole $!?#ing thing….

One thing people migth have missed last night that I just happened to catch, after that hit on Kelce by Poyer someone from the Chief bench was yelling at Poyer and you can hear him say " I'll do that s^it again" Classic.
My kingdom for a clip of this, with audio.

Love this!

KC bullied us in that AFCCG and we became the bully on Sunday.

Defense was just beating them up play after play, and Spencer Brown was doing his usual ragdolling of opposing defenders in his second start.

Diggs didn’t do a ton, but he also set the tone on his 1st catch where he turned up and basically tackled the guy trying to tackle him.

Love this!

Defense was just beating them up play after play, and Spencer Brown was doing his usual ragdolling of opposing defenders in his second start.

Diggs didn’t do a ton, but he also set the tone on his 1st catch where he turned up and basically tackled the guy trying to tackle him.

Getting guys like Star and Moss back and adding guys like Rousseau, Boogie, and Brown give us the size and physicality we needed more of last year.

Love this!

Feels like Diggs is getting a lot more attention this year than last year and Sanders is taking advantage of the opportunity. Knox has been great too, probably taken two huge steps forward. Diggs is due for a big game though. He seems to be focused and really enjoying winning for sure and his relationship with J Allen seems about as solid as it can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom