Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

I think the Colts might fit that bill (no pun intended). They've won 6 of their last 8 and the two losses were in OT to Baltimore and Tennessee in games that Indy should have won.

Colts are WAY better than their record. Offense is so balanced, and has been legit all year, plus they have a couple dudes on defense. I don’t trust them, because Wentz spazzes in tight games, but they are very dangerous.

Colts and Pats may be the two best looking AFC teams right now…which means they will both lose this coming week.

Nobody on this team or coaching staff is earning their keep. They all no-showed for the second time in 3 weeks.

I can’t really come down on Allen. His mistakes come when it’s obvious to everyone that the team isn’t executing around him and he desperately wants a play to be made.

Could he be better, sure. However we had three drives in the first half…. THREE. And went in down 24-7. He has to sit there against Tennesse and Indy, and watch his defense give up points every drive as 5, 6, 7 minutes drip off the clock. Against the Jags and Steelers, he might as well had you and I blocking for him. No running game to speak of to fall back on, ever, even in wind and driving rain.

He’s the only reason this talented, but poorly constructed team has any hope of finding themselves in time for the Playoffs.

Colts are WAY better than their record. Offense is so balanced, and has been legit all year, plus they have a couple dudes on defense. I don’t trust them, because Wentz spazzes in tight games, but they are very dangerous.

Colts and Pats may be the two best looking AFC teams right now…which means they will both lose this coming week.
Their Oline hasn’t been healthy till now ..Taylor is averaging something ungodly like 4 yards before contact

Yeah Colts are playing a lot better, won 6 out of 8 once the O-line and Wentz got healthy.

They’re good team, but the Bills are a better team still. At least they *should* be

So what are we all thinking?… 6-1 finish to be sure, 5-2 and we probably get in?

Sitting at 6-4, we have *four games we absolutely should win…

Saints, Falcons, Jets, Panthers

Two toss-up games…

Pats x 2

One game I’d be surprised if we won looking like we look right now..

Tampa Bay

Our WC tie-breaker situation is terrible. These next 4 games are massive, because both Buffalo and New England have two head to head matchups and then finish with two bad teams each.

Last edited:
So what are we all thinking?… 5-1 finish to be sure, 4-2 and we probably get in?

Sitting at 6-4, we have three games we absolutely should win…

Saints, Falcons, Jets

Two toss-up games…

Pats x 2

One game I’d be surprised if we won looking like we look right now..

Tampa Bay

Our WC tie-breaker situation is terrible. These next 4 games are massive, because both Buffalo and New England have two head to head matchups and then finish with two bad teams each.
Tampa hasn't exactly looked hot lately either.

At the end of the day, the Bills are talented enough to beat anybody in the league but they've also shown over the past couple weeks that we're capable of losing to anyone too. The Jets game for example would obviously be a major disappointment if we lost, but we really aren't playing well enough to take anyone for granted at this point.

This is danger time for the Bills. They have a 74% chance of making the playoffs as of today. If they lose to the Saints it drops to 59%. If they lose to the Saints and Pats it drops to 35%. Win both on the other hand, and they skyrocket to a 97% chance.

Basically, this is the crossroads of the season.

Can someone break down the COVID situations for our two unvaxed OL Brown and DL Star and what their future availability looks like? I've lost track of these shifting protocols:

1) Are they infected/tested positive for COVID, or part of some tangential protocol situation...

2) when are they expected back?

Worried this team can't perform Thursday without them.

Can someone break down the COVID situations for our two unvaxed OL Brown and DL Star and what their future availability looks like? I've lost track of these shifting protocols:

1) Are they infected/tested positive for COVID, or part of some tangential protocol situation...

2) when are they expected back?

Worried this team can't perform Thursday without them.

Star can come back Thursday, but only if he has two negative tests and then is he in playing shape?

Brown is out. I mean, not “officially”, but he’s clearly not vaxxed so he can’t come back until the Pats game.

I’m not sure the bills will win another game or lose another game the rest of the year. Nothing would surprise me. If I’m guessing I’d say they finish 10-7. Team just isn‘t very good and don’t see a light Bulb going off

I’m not sure the bills will win another game or lose another game the rest of the year. Nothing would surprise me. If I’m guessing I’d say they finish 10-7. Team just isn‘t very good and don’t see a light Bulb going off

Well, their best Linemen (arguably) have missed these games and they lack depth there...

But I would argue that the WR & RB pools (sans Diggs) are not impressive. Seems like the Vax issue has stripped Beasley of his cape, Sanders is like any other WR in the NFL and Davis is apparently hurt all the time.

Allen is clearly spooked right now by initial pressure, reverting back to negative plays at the wrong time...hopefully that's figured out.

Funny thing about the NFL though...if they don't throw 2 flags on that 3rd down, and/or the 57 yarder is really a 47 yarder and goes in because that idiot ref doesn't blow his whistle "by accident", I'm not sure the outcome is the same. That's the NFL though, game of inches, Bills paid attention to the inches last year, not this year so far...

BTW, one last point...I think Bills' coaching staff is missing stuff this year...

Easy to say now, because of the fluke trip and fumble, and I know our KR has a TD on the year (albeit one that was called back), but that was NOT the play there, and that's poor situational coaching.

The Colts had bottled us up pretty good (booze adjusted here) on Kickoffs up to then...the play was Fair Catch, take the ball at the 25, you have 2:12 plus 3 TOs PLUS the Two-Minute Warning, down 17-7, and as bad as you've played you could get it to 17-10 or 17-14 even with a good drive, plenty of time.

In that case, the Fair Catch likely saves you 5-6 secs before the 2-min which you can use for optionality on your play selection. Two plays instead of one.

Instead, absurd fumble that I think was karma for not doing your coaching homework and dictating that play on the field. That's prob the stuff that BB does that other NFL coaches don't, and it hurt us (obv)

Well, their best Linemen (arguably) have missed these games and they lack depth there...

But I would argue that the WR & RB pools (sans Diggs) are not impressive. Seems like the Vax issue has stripped Beasley of his cape, Sanders is like any other WR in the NFL and Davis is apparently hurt all the time.

Allen is clearly spooked right now by initial pressure, reverting back to negative plays at the wrong time...hopefully that's figured out.

Funny thing about the NFL though...if they don't throw 2 flags on that 3rd down, and/or the 57 yarder is really a 47 yarder and goes in because that idiot ref doesn't blow his whistle "by accident", I'm not sure the outcome is the same. That's the NFL though, game of inches, Bills paid attention to the inches last year, not this year so far...

The WR room outside of Diggs has been disappointing. I think Beasley has been hurt as he has a few big games but the rib issue has him off his game and then the COVID stuff clearly isn't helping either. I like Sanders but as noted he's clearly in the twilight of his career and the Bills really don't have a true deep threat or speed guy as we don't utilize Mckenzie that much in the passing game. Would like to get Stevenson activated this week and see what he can do. One under the radar issue we will need to address next year is a #2 WR be it the draft or FA.

O-line will be better when everyone is back healthy but clearly guard is a major issue that we will again need to solve via FA or probably the draft but the list of things needed in the draft is becoming bigger each week.

D-Line continues to be maddening. So much money spent with so much little in return although Ed Oliver does seem to be coming on which is nice. I haven't heard Rousseaus name in about a month and Addison was a disaster this past week. Have to figure that Hughes, Addison, Butler and the other DT from Stanford whose name escapes me are all gone after this year. I assume we will move Basham inside and will need to bring in another DE to go with AJ, Rousseau and whoever else is left at this point.

What I hope to see for the rest of the year

1. More Breida at RB
2. Less rotation on the D-line, let Oliver/Obada/Rousseau/etc play more (not likely but something I hope to see)
3. Feed Diggs more in the passing game, then look to get the others involve

What I hope to see for the rest of the year

1. More Breida at RB
2. Less rotation on the D-line, let Oliver/Obada/Rousseau/etc play more (not likely but something I hope to see)
3. Feed Diggs more in the passing game, then look to get the others involve
And more Gabe Davis

ton of money flowing towards the Bills. Line moved from -4.5 to -6.5 in the last 24 hrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom