Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Why the %#^# is it taking so long to cancel the %^#%ing game?

I understand that the NFL is all about $$$, but for one damn time, do the right thing
My guess is they are going to ask the bills if they want to play, they will ask to suspend the game for 24 hours, the bengals will agree and then it will be official.

The Bills should be given the option to play the game tomorrow or Weds. If they can’t do it emotionally (which I don’t think anyone would blame them for) then it would be a forfeit. But I really hope no one from the league is stupid and tasteless enough to suggest that not playing tonight would constitute a forfeit.

The Bills should be given the option to play the game tomorrow or Weds. If they can’t do it emotionally (which I don’t think anyone would blame them for) then it would be a forfeit. But I really hope no one from the league is stupid and tasteless enough to suggest that not playing tonight would constitute a forfeit.
I would assume that if both teams agree, they can suspend the game. Even the most cynical person could see that the NFL would do it just because the backlash would unlike anything ever seen.

Reschedule it for tomorrow at 5pm. Hopefully we all get word that Hamlin is in stable condition sometime overnight. Still leaves a short week til Sunday but not that horrific, teams play Sun-Thurs every single week.

Team can gather itself and get their minds right IF they are told he's in stable condition. Obviously if he's not, then I have no clue what you do other than call it a draw.

That's exactly the comparison I was going to make. Unbelievable
Whereas I believe DMDMD is right (above, about having standard protocols when a game is suspended), this type of situation was certainly never beyond the realm of possibility. The NFL should have a protocol for this exact situation.

And it's obvious they do not.

Whereas I believe DMDMD is right (above, about having standard protocols when a game is suspended), this type of situation was certainly never beyond the realm of possibility. The NFL should have a protocol for this exact situation.

And it's obvious they do not.
Insane. Knowing the serious head injuries we’ve seen, broken necks. Should been obvious that when you have a life/death situation, you call the game immediately and work backwards to figure out what to do after that.

Insane. Knowing the serious head injuries we’ve seen, broken necks. Should been obvious that you call the game immediately and work backwards to figure out what to do after that.
Agree. I have to think the NFL Players Association will be having that discussion with the NFL after how this was handled.

This is one of those times where I wonder if we will eventually evolve out of football decades from now.
I know this Zitrin guy. He covered pro & college football for newspapers a hundred years ago. He heard & saw the brutality of this sport from the sidelines. Saw some unforgettable injuries & was friends with a player whose mind is now shot. He long has had a love-hate attitude toward football, just like boxing, and would she’d no tears if the sport went away.

So, so sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom