Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

There is a lot of misinformation out there right now. Be careful what you share.

This is not referencing the tweets above, i think they are fine. There are some others out there who seem super unverfiable.

They completed that game:

This says that Hughes collapsed "in the final minute of the game", so I don't know if they finished it or not on that occasion.

Dick Butkus: "The winning is spoiled. I'm not as happy as I'd like to be."

Sports is the most human of activities because it only has the importance we choose to give it. Life is full of things so full of importance that we can be crushed by them when things go wrong. In those instances. the importance of sports evaporates. it will return when maters of life and death are not in the forefront of our minds.

This is one of those times where I wonder if we will eventually evolve out of football decades from now.
Seems like this was a bit of a freak scenario where he just got hit at the exact wrong spot at the exact wrong time. This type of injury used to be associated with baseball players taking a ball to the chest in freak scenarios too. I don’t think this injury is the kind of thing that spells the end of the NFL. The concussions and long term effects remain the scarier thing.

Bayless tried to do damage control in subsequent tweets, but the damage was done. He’s a bloviating, clickbait buffoon.

I don’t have cable, hence, I don’t see Ryan Clark on ESPN. I did tonight, though; he deserves an Emmy & a raise.

Clark and Booger have played the game and been in the locker room, they showed raw emotion tonight. Skip is a clickbait media artist that has made too many people like him rich today.

Last edited:
Bayless tried to do damage control in subsequent tweets, but the damage was done. He’s a bloviating, clickbait buffoon.

I don’t have cable, hence, I don’t see Ryan Clark on ESPN. I did tonight, though; he deserves an Emmy & a raise.

Heres the incident Clark was referring to for those that don’t know

The sad thing is I bet many companies would handle it this exact same way. In fact, just read the replies to the tweet.
I ran an office for years and one of my employees passed out and ended up having a seizure, I jumped over my desk and laid next to him holding his head while screaming to my assistant to call 911, the sales guy comes running in and a couple other people, the medics showed up and took him away, we knew nothing when he left, I sent everyone home and went to the hospital. The corporate office through the answering service got through to me, the President and the owner of the company called and wondered why I sent everyone home and how I need to contact them before shutting the office down. Between this and about 10 other reasons I quit shortly after and have zero desire to go back to work. I love money as much as the next guy, but lack of value placed on people’s lives and we’ll being compared to the bottom line just disgusts me.

I don't want to be too negative, but I think its important to be somewhat prepared mentally for possibilities. we've not been given many details so Im just going off what little I know and being quite nonspecific. We do know that his vitals are stable and he's intubated. this tells us next to nothing though. the issue here is the time it took for his heart to "restart" from when it first stopped. it doesn't take much time at all for permanent cell death to occur in the central nervous system, specifically brain and more specifically gray matter structures in the brain. Once that happens, it doesn't come back. anoxic brain edema is what ensues if its been deprived too long of "blood". The doctors wont necessarily know if that has occurred until tomorrow. (obviously if he gets visibly better, than yes, they can know earlier that it hasnt).

They can run diffusion MRI and look for massive stroke which will show up before anything on a CT, if that is positive, that is a bad sign that the visible edema will ensue.

I'm not saying that is what happened, im just saying prepare yourselves and dont take "vitals are stable" and what not as being out of the woods.

and i feel sick typing this just now. really sick like im being constantly kicked in the gut over and over...but I dont know what else to do other than say something.

I ran an office for years and one of my employees passed out and ended up having a seizure, I jumped over my desk and laid next to him holding his head while screaming to my assistant to call 911, the sales guy comes running in and a couple other people, the medics showed up and took him away, we knew nothing when he left, I sent everyone home and went to the hospital. The corporate office through the answering service got through to me, the President and the owner of the company called and wondered why I sent everyone home and how I need to contact them before shutting the office down. Between this and about 10 other reasons I quit shortly after and have zero desire to go back to work. I love money as much as the next guy, but lack of value placed on people’s lives and we’ll being compared to the bottom line just disgusts me.
value of life sure seems to keep decreasing while our ability to prolong it continues to increase. Sure seems like those two things should be going the same direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom