Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

I don't really get why Shakir hasn't been worked into the offense more. He's flashed some serious ability in limited opportunities, IMO.
He’s struggled to create separation playing out of the slot which is basically the most important part of being a slot receiver. Replacing McKenzie is near the top of my list of priorities for the off-season (as it was this past offseason), but unfortunately, he’s the best man coverage beater we have that isn’t named Diggs. Beasley is our best slot guy against zone coverage. There’s no real role for Shakir right now.

I really wish we could get more Davis in the slot. That’s where he made his money the last two years but we’ve forced him into an outside role this year and he’s unsurprisingly struggled with it. Unfortunately we don’t really have anyone else to play outside unless we think John Brown is still alive (to be fair that was a really nice TD yesterday).

The Arrowhead streak has never been my thing to complain about.
We just played the Steelers at home 3 years in a row. Kelly teams always played Denver at home. Favre was always in Dallas. It happens.
That Ronald McDonald dump is an overrated adv. anyways as shown our last 3 games there.
That is a tough looking road slate though.

Very strange. Peter king thinks a bills / bengals playoff game would be held in Cincinnati. How does he not know ?

Lots of Smoke that Hyde could be activated. I am a bit skeptical he could get medically cleared but.....

The Arrowhead streak has never been my thing to complain about.
We just played the Steelers at home 3 years in a row. Kelly teams always played Denver at home. Favre was always in Dallas. It happens.
That Ronald McDonald dump is an overrated adv. anyways as shown our last 3 games there.
That is a tough looking road slate though.
Also Brady era Patriots in Denver

He’s struggled to create separation playing out of the slot which is basically the most important part of being a slot receiver. Replacing McKenzie is near the top of my list of priorities for the off-season (as it was this past offseason), but unfortunately, he’s the best man coverage beater we have that isn’t named Diggs. Beasley is our best slot guy against zone coverage. There’s no real role for Shakir right now.

I really wish we could get more Davis in the slot. That’s where he made his money the last two years but we’ve forced him into an outside role this year and he’s unsurprisingly struggled with it. Unfortunately we don’t really have anyone else to play outside unless we think John Brown is still alive (to be fair that was a really nice TD yesterday).

You nailed it. They gambled on Davis and McKenzie stepping up, and while they haven't been awful, they haven't been great either. I expect WR to be addressed especially with both those guys being UFAs in 2024

Lots of Smoke that Hyde could be activated. I am a bit skeptical he could get medically cleared but...
Hearing that chatter too, hope it’s right but like you I am skeptical. Can’t imagine how it would work as he would likely need a few weeks of practice to get his game legs back, but man that would be a huge help . My fingers are crossed for a productive Benford for the playoffs…

Hearing that chatter too, hope it’s right but like you I am skeptical. Can’t imagine how it would work as he would likely need a few weeks of practice to get his game legs back, but man that would be a huge help . My fingers are crossed for a productive Benford for the playoffs…

I just don't see it happening. Seems like he was extra cautious (and rightfully so, since it's a neck injury) by seeking out additional medical opinions, so why risk it now? Also, as you say, it would be extremely difficult to get back up to speed, especially when I assume he is not even a practice participant at this point, right?

I am not above feeling good about this. After the 2seed getting a bye for 40yrs and changing the rules when we get good and getting the 11-5 Colts in '20, followed by KC getting that garbage Steelers team last year..
About friggin time we got a break.

Looks like Jackson is out too which rules out a Bengals upset, as far as I'm concerned.
I guess go Chargers in the other game assuming that's a tougher game for kc.

Any chance Damar is at the game on Sunday? Not on the sidelines, but perhaps leading the charge? I would've said no chance but the fact that he's discharged already tells me that doctors really feel that he is in good health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom