Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Of course literally the only time slot that I didn't want is what we got put in. My kids are getting baptized Sunday morning and the party afterwards will certainly not be over by 1 p.m.

Of course literally the only time slot that I didn't want is what we got put in. My kids are getting baptized Sunday morning and the party afterwards will certainly not be over by 1 p.m.
Sounds like you did that to yourself!

What WRs have the Bills rostered the last couple of weeks?
Diggs
Davis
Mckenzie
Brown
Shakir

Who am I missing here?

Beasley was on the roster versus Cinci as well. Be interesting to see who plays versus Miami.

If Lamar and Tua do not play it really looks like Cinci/ Bills in Orchard Park in a couple weeks. The Ravens are dead in the water without Lamar.

I am extremely curious where they would actually play the KC/ Buffalo game if that actually materializes

Mckenzie and Davis have been disappointing to say the least.

Beasley was on the roster versus Cinci as well. Be interesting to see who plays versus Miami.

If Lamar and Tua do not play it really looks like Cinci/ Bills in Orchard Park in a couple weeks. The Ravens are dead in the water without Lamar.

I am extremely curious where they would actually play the KC/ Buffalo game if that actually materializes

Mckenzie and Davis have been disappointing to say the least.

I don't really get why Shakir hasn't been worked into the offense more. He's flashed some serious ability in limited opportunities, IMO.

I don't really get why Shakir hasn't been worked into the offense more. He's flashed some serious ability in limited opportunities, IMO.

Agreed 100%. Just looking at yesteday, Mckenzie on the field for 33 plays yesterday, Shakir 15. Brown 7, Davis 47. Diggs 45 out of a total 59,

Is there anyone that wouldn't feel better swapping McKenzie's snaps for Shakir's. They need to go back to how they use to use McKenzie. They tried to replace Beasley with McKenzie and it has failed and that is putting it mildly

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. Just looking at yesteday, Mckenzie on the field for 33 plays yesterday, Shakir 15. Brown 7, Davis 47. Diggs 45 out of a total 59,

Is there anyone that wouldn't feel better swapping McKenzie's snaps for Shakir's. They need to go back to how they use to use McKenzie. They tried to replace Beasley with McKenzie and it has failed and that is putting it mildly
Agree. McKenzie is good for gadget plays and as a limited run WR. Let's get back to that and find whatever combination works (Beasley, Brown, more Shakir etc). Where Beasley was great last year was getting those 6-8 yard completions that kept the chains moving or put the Bills into favorable down & distance situations. It feels (not sure if the data backs it up and I'm too lazy to look it up) like that's been a problem the last 6-8 weeks.

I'm not too confident that the defense will have enough to hold back a Cincy or KC should we advance that far (Benford back will help, but obviously losing Hamlin hurts), so we need the offense to get closer to the juggernaut status of last year if we're going to have a chance at the Super Bowl.

Agree. McKenzie is good for gadget plays and as a limited run WR. Let's get back to that and find whatever combination works (Beasley, Brown, more Shakir etc). Where Beasley was great last year was getting those 6-8 yard completions that kept the chains moving or put the Bills into favorable down & distance situations. It feels (not sure if the data backs it up and I'm too lazy to look it up) like that's been a problem the last 6-8 weeks.

I'm not too confident that the defense will have enough to hold back a Cincy or KC should we advance that far (Benford back will help, but obviously losing Hamlin hurts), so we need the offense to get closer to the juggernaut status of last year if we're going to have a chance at the Super Bowl.
All signs to me, point to Beasley not having anything left. Couldn't do anything w/ Brady, doesn't get any targets..
Shakir's lack of chances are perplexing. Must be Allen doesn't trust him (what else could it be)?
Is a Crowder return a pipe dream at this point? That could be useful.

How it feels like every year our defensive advantage over the Chiefs is negligible, despite ranking ~24 spots higher, is an interesting phenomenon.

Yeah, I am not as confident heading into the playoffs as I was the previous 2 years. Nothing seems to be coming easy on either side of the ball. At the end of the day, I think the way they have played for a while now on both sides of the ball simply isn't good enough to beat Cinci or KC. Now anything is possbile but the defense is struggling in the secondary and the pass rush is right back to where it was before Miller. Both linebackers and Johnson have been solid but poor secondary play and lack of pass rush versus Cinci and or KC is 100% a recipe for disaster.

On offense I just think it's a lack of cohesiveness, until the big pass plays yesterday it's like nothing ever comes easy especially in the red zone. They get the run game going and Dorsey abandons it at the drop of a hat. Eventually Josh gets impatient and throws a bad pass or tries to make something out of nothing. Allen's performance in the playoffs last year was as good as it gets, maybe he's got couple of those in him, god knows the Bills are going to have to play better to win games 2 and 3 in the playoffs.

We all love Josh Allen but he's been horrendous in the red zone this year, sure he's had some great plays but good lord the interceptions down there have been brutal. I think the Bills can win close games but they also can have some of the craziest things happen at the absolute worst time as well. Josh still gotta little crazy in him at times, ( Minnesota game)

If Tua plays Dolphins have every chance of winning, if he doesn't which I think most assume, its hard to see how Miami wins with how bad Thompson has looked. Now maybe Hill and Waddle kill our secondary again and its another dog fight but again id think at worse that would have to be a healthy Bridgewater playing.

Also i hate to be that guy but Miami was a possession away from being swept to.
A properly spiked ball away

2023 home and away opponents released. Playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead.
Sad Against The Wall GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Playing Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert and Hurts on the road. Best QB we face at home is?? Brady (maybe)? Lawrence? Tua??

Last year of that thankfully, just the way the future schedule system was set up unfortunately. KC will be in Buffalo in 4 years when they place the AFC West again in 4 years and assuming both finish in the same spots in the division next year, I believe the game against the AFC West opponent is at home in 2024

Playing Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert and Hurts on the road. Best QB we face at home is?? Brady (maybe)? Lawrence? Tua??

Will likely be Lawrence, Brady is surely leaving TB. Would have been nice if we got one of those 4 at home. Away schedule next year is absurd and the schedule overall is pretty rough.

No duh he wants to play. If he gets cleared and allowed to play its not simply because he and speculatively the miami coaches want him to

I just can't see the NFL letting him play, optics would be 100% HORRIBLE if he gets another head injury. Nobody would every hear the end of it and rightfully so. And yeah I am sure he WANTS to play.

I don't really want to watch it if he does play and get hurt. Would just suck.

With or without Tua I would be surprised if the Bills get by round 2 unless they play much better on both sides. With a healthy Tua it would be a great game but really don't want to see it and the line would probably drop 5-6 points if Tua were to play because Miami could definitely win

Last edited:
I just can't see the NFL letting him play, optics would be 100% HORRIBLE if he gets another head injury. Nobody would every hear the end of it and rightfully so. And yeah I am sure he WANTS to play.

With or without Tua I would be surprised if the Bills get by round 2 unless they play much better on both sides. With a healthy Tua it would be a great game but really don't want to see it
If I was the NFL id tell the Dolphins that Tua could recite the entirety of War and Peace from memory and I’d still forbid him to play sunday

But I’m a phins fan so I hope if Tua’s not ok he stays out. If he’s cleared by league, independent and team officials then he shouldnt be held back if he wants to play.

If I was the NFL id tell the Dolphins that Tua could recite the entirety of War and Peace from memory and I’d still forbid him to play sunday

But I’m a phins fan so I hope if Tua’s not ok he stays out. If he’s cleared by league, independent and team officials then he shouldnt be held back if he wants to play.

Two ways to look at it, if he's cleared by everyone and wants to play then it's 100% on him but if he were to get hurt the argument will be that somebody has to save him from himself and blame will be thrown at everyone including the league, the doctors, the Dolphins and the head coach. It would make concussion #4 in a few months and would start a ridiculous whirlwind of blaming everyone and a social media campaign like none other. When is enough enough?

Like I said, there is a lot to consider. Nothing would surprise me though. I still think it's 50/50. But if he does play lets call a spade a spade nobody really cares what happens to him regardless of what is said. At least if he gets knocked out next year then have the time element on their side

With or without Tua I would be surprised if the Bills get by round 2 unless they play much better on both sides. With a healthy Tua it would be a great game but really don't want to see it and the line would probably drop 5-6 points if Tua were to play because Miami could definitely win
I want him to play . I want to beat their asses with their overrated QB and his noodle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom