Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

These games are won in the trenches. Not much more to it than that.
We’ve not been good in the trenches In forever but win because Allen has been an alien. This is what you see when he’s human.

Think back to the first drive. If he hits Diggs , it’s 7-7 and a totally different game . But he didn’t and this is what happens

You and I are going to agree to disagree on this one, I see an offense relying upon a transcendent talent at QB and completely unable to scheme players open. But I do agree we also need more weapons…

100% correct

Don’t think it matters much. Bengals almost certainly would have scored at least a field goal in their next couple possessions to render the field goal meaningless anyways.
More to the point, if you can’t score a TD there, why are you going to suddenly score two in 6 minutes ?

The pressure is on Beane more than ever this offseason
Pressure is off . So many deficiencies have been revealed they can’t all be addressed in one or even two off seasons.

Probably too close to this loss to think about but at what point to you blow this thing and rebuild around JA? Getting concerned that McDermott is turning into Jeff Fischer or Marty Schottenheimer.

Also, the amount of misses we have had on the DL is almost laughable. 1 of those guys should have turned into a stud. The law of averages call for at-least 1 to work out.

Just frustrated and venting.

You and I are going to agree to disagree on this one, I see an offense relying upon a transcendent talent at QB and completely unable to scheme players open. But I do agree we also need more weapons…
There are some fundamental issues with the offense including but not limited to:
- where in gods name is the overpaid tight end as a release valve? Today Cincy's TE killed us over and over... I think Kelce just caught another pass against our D. Why don't we use our TE?
- Where the heck are the basic screen plays to the RB?
- Morse is the only one above average offensive lineman on the whole team and he's a good hit away from retirement. Dawkins has regressed big time
- They don't have a true speed threat to take the top off the d... Davis has regressed

They need to rebuild the entire o-line before we can talk about scheme.

More disappointing is the D... that sunk way too much capital into the D for it to not show up like this. Oliver, AJ, Basham, Rousseau, Elam, Edmunds, White are all high draft picks and we signed a bunch of other linemen as free agents. They need to hope for a big step up in play because they can't afford to ignore the offense any more.

I think Frazier HAS to go. His scheme doesn't work against a decent QB. I'm okay giving Dorsey one more year with a legit o line. I think the Knox signing is a problem because he's on a pretty high salary.

Can we pay Andy Reid $50M to call plays for us? He could do it from his couçh.

Pressure is off . So many deficiencies have been revealed they can’t all be addressed in one or even two off seasons.

Allen is in his prime, the pressure is always on. Def fair to think they can't be resolved in offseason but the Bengals have surpassed the Bills without question now.

There are some fundamental issues with the offense including but not limited to:
- where in gods name is the overpaid tight end as a release valve? Today Cincy's TE killed us over and over... I think Kelce just caught another pass against our D. Why don't we use our TE?
- Morse is the only one above average offensive lineman on the whole team and he's a good hit away from retirement. Dawkins has regressed big time
- They don't have a true speed threat to take the top off the d... Davis has regressed

More disappointing is the D... that sunk way too much capital into the D for it to not show up like this. Oliver, AJ, Basham, Rousseau, Elam, Edmunds, White are all high draft picks and we signed a bunch of other linemen as free agents. They need to hope for a big step up in play because they can't afford to ignore the offense any more.

I think Frazier HAS to go. His scheme doesn't work against a decent QB. I'm okay giving Dorsey one more year with a legit o line. I think the Knox signing is a problem because he's on a pretty high salary.

Knox has been one of the only strong performers the last 6 weeks.

The window as currently constructed is closed
Agree... Chiefs have been better, Bengals now will be better. Phins with a better QB are a problem next year as well. Jets, if they can stay healthy and find a QB will also be a problem. Jags are also up and coming.

Can we please off with this stupid ATL ticket narrative? I'm sure the Bengals weren't figuring out their ticket situation in case Jacksnoville won. What grown men will do to manufacture motivation.

I agree with most of this, especially the misses on the defensive line. I think you are being a little hard on Knox but reasonable minds can disagree.

I just think we can’t afford to waste even one year while Dorsey learns on the job. We obviously need another weapon or two, and no one would argue the offensive line doesn’t need improvement. But schematically, we have struggled all year in the red zone. Rarely did it seem that we had receivers open (versus Allen making a super human throw). We can’t execute a screen to save our lives. And there was constant misuse or failing in the running game. Ultimately personnel plays a role, but Dorsey to me is holding this offense back. Just my two cents.

Going to be a LONG offseason….

Bills need a better running game and a defense that can stop it. I feel for yall. Only thing more tortuous as a Cowboys fan the last 28 years is to be a Bills fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom