Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Agree... Chiefs have been better, Bengals now will be better. Phins with a better QB are a problem next year as well. Jets, if they can stay healthy and find a QB will also be a problem. Jags are also up and coming.
Are the dolphins drafting a better qb than Josh. Cause Tua isn’t. Not even close.

Could someone wake up Ed Oliver and Jordan Poyer to let the know they missed the game?
They both just played their last game as a Bill. Terrible way to go out. Especially for Poyer. He's been a huge part in turning this thing around after 20 crap filled years.

In the words of Teddy KGB, byaaaad judgement
plan was to pick KC in AFC title game and have the NFC rep available for supe. Should have used Buffalo last week and Cincy this week.

I agree with most of this, especially the misses on the defensive line. I think you are being a little hard on Knox but reasonable minds can disagree.

I just think we can’t afford to waste even one year while Dorsey learns on the job. We obviously need another weapon or two, and no one would argue the offensive line doesn’t need improvement. But schematically, we have struggled all year in the red zone. Rarely did it seem that we had receivers open (versus Allen making a super human throw). We can’t execute a screen to save our lives. And there was constant misuse or failing in the running game. Ultimately personnel plays a role, but Dorsey to me is holding this offense back. Just my two cents.

Going to be a LONG offseason….

This is it...

"We can’t execute a screen to save our lives."

This coaching is horrendous. On top of that, we can DEFEND a screen to save our lives.

We literally got ZERO PRESSURE and suck at Screens, how is that even possible?!

Thats a BS excuse, this is 100% on the staff and the line play. Major changes are needed.
at least he's consistent in carrying water for the coaches no matter the league

You and I are going to agree to disagree on this one, I see an offense relying upon a transcendent talent at QB and completely unable to scheme players open. But I do agree we also need more weapons…
Allen tends to ignore the open receivers anyways unless they’re 50 yards downfield. Even against the Dolphins he had two guys running right behind each other and opted to throw to the one with a DB glued to him instead of the one 5 yards shorter with nobody around. Part of it is we don’t have WRs that are good at getting open outside of Diggs and sometimes McKenzie but Allen’s field vision has regressed significantly this year too (which again, we could partially blame Dorsey for that).

Pay Edmunds. He's the only one.

He's gone, Pittsburgh or someone else will overpay. Dudes gonna want Roquan Smith money and hes no where close to that level.

Pay Edmunds. He's the only one.
Honestly, he’s taken a huge leap forward this year but I’m terrified to pay him $20+ mil per year like he’s likely looking for.

I love McD and think he’s the right coach, but I’m a bit nervous about Beane and we’re at a crossroads now. Cap situation is tight, our best players nearing time for new contracts, our draft record is pretty crap.

This article agrees with a lot of the points made in this thread

The defensive gameplan part makes the right argument but comes to the wrong solution IMO. We’ve invested almost all of our resources into the pass rush but they can’t generate any pressure. So we’re left to either blitz and leave our overmatched secondary vulnerable against the Bengals WRs or give the secondary the strength in numbers they need to stand a chance and accept that Burrow will be able to take his time (and those WRs will eventually get open if given the time). There was no winning formula. Our defense is simply outclassed by the bengals talent wise despite the fact that we’ve poured our assets into it. And then on top of that, the players made a litany of mental errors.

Allen tends to ignore the open receivers anyways unless they’re 50 yards downfield. Even against the Dolphins he had two guys running right behind each other and opted to throw to the one with a DB glued to him instead of the one 5 yards shorter with nobody around. Part of it is we don’t have WRs that are good at getting open outside of Diggs and sometimes McKenzie but Allen’s field vision has regressed significantly this year too (which again, we could partially blame Dorsey for that).
Allen missed two pretty bad corner blitzes the last two weeks as well. How he missed the one today was beyond me as it was to his right

OL and WR

But I think McD needs to look at coaching changes too

Sign Edmunds and draft a safety, but go spend on offense this offseason
Have you seen who’s available this off-season on the offensive side of the ball? It’s depressing. We could really use Jakobi Meyers or Juju but with the demand and lack of other options, I doubt they’ll be in our price range.

The defensive gameplan part makes the right argument but comes to the wrong solution IMO. We’ve invested almost all of our resources into the pass rush but they can’t generate any pressure. So we’re left to either blitz and leave our overmatched secondary vulnerable against the Bengals WRs or give the secondary the strength in numbers they need to stand a chance and accept that Burrow will be able to take his time (and those WRs will eventually get open if given the time). There was no winning formula. Our defense is simply outclassed by the bengals talent wise despite the fact that we’ve poured our assets into it. And then on top of that, the players made a litany of mental errors.

The 3rd down before the half where we blitzed but had the corners play so far off made me so mad

“ The Ravens had more success on offense last week against the Bengals with backup quarterback Tyler Huntley in for Lamar Jackson. After a first-series interception, the Ravens scored two touchdowns and a field goal in their next four series. The Bills punted three times on their first five drives with a touchdown and field goal sprinkled in.”

That’s all you need to read right there

Have you seen who’s available this off-season on the offensive side of the ball? It’s depressing. We could really use Jakobi Meyers or Juju but with the demand and lack of other options, I doubt they’ll be in our price range.

By spend I mean mostly draft picks. You're right there's no WRs but I think they can sign OL for cheap, but I hope they draft OL or WR in the first three rounds next year

By spend I mean mostly draft picks. You're right there's no WRs but I think they can sign OL for cheap, but I hope they draft OL or WR in the first three rounds next year
gotcha. Yeah I’m definitely hoping for WR in the draft. Unfortunately doesn’t seem like a great draft class at the top either.

gotcha. Yeah I’m definitely hoping for WR in the draft. Unfortunately doesn’t seem like a great draft class at the top either.

Yeah not a great class but honestly I think if the Bills can get an earlier career John Brown it would help a ton. A speedy WR with nice hands and good route running, don't even need a Tee Higgins or Jaylon Waddle type layer, just a solid #2 WR.

He's gone, Pittsburgh or someone else will overpay. Dudes gonna want Roquan Smith money and hes no where close to that level.

Yeah Edmunds is the only FA I think I’d resign. Maybe Phillips. But Edmunds is gonna want way too much money.

Singletary is a FA, right? If I’m him, I wouldn’t resign with Buffalo if they offered him the richest RB contract in NFL history. They have no clue how to use a RB.

Are the dolphins drafting a better qb than Josh. Cause Tua isn’t. Not even close.
They don't need to... they have better receivers, oline, TE, RBs and probably D. Get a Tea level QB and it's a very tight matchup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom