Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

I think the window is open for a decade and not going to want to damage future maneuverability too much. Once Josh's contract fully cranks up next year and more young guys need to get paid, a 2nd safety in his 30s making 8 figures is too much of a luxury. I think Poyer is gone in 2023 and Milano in 2024.

I think Morse getting an extension makes me think they're not too concerned about the cap just yet.

Guess they opted for the rip the band-aid off option. Doesn't make a ton of sense given how much dead money is involved but in Beane I trust.

I get it.. they’ve got Von on a 5M cap hit this year. As long as it doesn’t hurt too much, better to get Star’s big dead cap out of the way instead of pushing it into next year.

Contract has officially been restructured for Case Keenum. Base salary of 3.5M, not sure what the effect on cap looks like.

Good move. Keenum is a guy who can keep us afloat if Allen ever has to miss a couple games.

Slot receiver Jamison Crowder. One year $4M (don't know how much is in incentives).
You can't stop Beane, you can only hope to control him.

Slot receiver Jamison Crowder. One year $4M (don't know how much is in incentives).
You can't stop Beane, you can only hope to control him.
Little concerned about Crowder's ability to stay healthy. He as a history of lower body injuries. But I like the signing if he can stay on the field this year.

Signed Duke Johnson to a 1 year deal... he had potential coming out of college but hasn't don't much in the pros.

What an offseason... Only real must have in draft is secondary... we need at least two DBs who can break the two-deep coming out of the draft. After that I think priorities are interior o-line, lb, rb and speed. With the first rounder I'd love to see Dean the ILB from Georgia, if he slides that far, or the best secondary player.

It's interesting though, when you have a team with so many picks and so few roster spots it feels like a trade up or trade down for future picks are the best options. I'd love to see Bills package picks to move up to grab someone like Derek Stingley Jr. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down for future picks to restock the roster.

Duke should be a solid pickup. Not as good a receiver or blocker as McKissic but he offers a little more in the run game while still being adequate at the other two things.

Little concerned about Crowder's ability to stay healthy. He as a history of lower body injuries. But I like the signing if he can stay on the field this year.
I think he's kind of perfect for what we need. In NY he ended up having to be a #1 option and that's not something that served him well. Here he is going to be the 3/4 option with Knox and should be able to excel.

Guy is going to convert multiple 3rd and mediums every week and his stat line may not look impressive but the 5 catches for 40 yards are going to be important in keeping drives moving along and 3s turning into 7s.

I think he's kind of perfect for what we need. In NY he ended up having to be a #1 option and that's not something that served him well. Here he is going to be the 3/4 option with Knox and should be able to excel.

Guy is going to convert multiple 3rd and mediums every week and his stat line may not look impressive but the 5 catches for 40 yards are going to be important in keeping drives moving along and 3s turning into 7s.
I feel like he killed the Bills.

I feel like he killed the Bills.
Yeah I looked through his game logs with the Jets and he had 2 big opening week games. One was like 120 yards and the other was 14 catches.

Looks like Tyreek to the Dolphins, sort of bittersweet news.

Hill to dolphins. We play him twice but I think that’s a good trade for us overall.

Hill to dolphins. We play him twice but I think that’s a good trade for us overall.

I've been thinking about Diggs though. He'll be 31 when his contract is done.

Two contenders in Super Bowl windows just traded their star WRs both near that age rather than paying them $25 mil+ a year.

Could we see the Bills do the same next year?

I've been thinking about Diggs though. He'll be 31 when his contract is done.

Two contenders in Super Bowl windows just traded their star WRs both near that age rather than paying them $25 mil+ a year.

Could we see the Bills do the same next year?

Yes you could, kind of depends on Davis' development I think. They are going to need to really trim down next year with Allen's contract kicking in and will have several tough calls to make

Yes you could, kind of depends on Davis' development I think. They are going to need to really trim down next year with Allen's contract kicking in and will have several tough calls to make

Definitely gonna be some tough calls. Hard to see Poyer back on a new deal unless he's OK talking a major discount which seems unlikely. Think Edmunds is also gone, not sure Buffalo wants to pay him nearly 10 Mill + a year. Diggs is interesting, I think he wants to be paid big $ but may be open to taking a little (and I do mean a little) less to stay with Josh and Bills. Beane brought in a lot of 1 year guys and contracts he can get out of for little cap hit but unless the cap takes an enormous jump its highly unlikely we can bring everyone back.

AFCE seems like a cakewalk…

(Enter Armstead and Hill)

Good for Miami.. interesting team. Not worried about the division, but Miami could be legit.

While the knee jerk reaction is to take a corner at 25, this just tells me the smart move is WR. 25-30M for elite WR’s… yeesh…. Take one at 25 and then hope Diggs is willing to take a discount when those talks come along.

Fwiw, Hill can’t even be single covered… Even if we were in Stingley/Sauce range, neither of those dudes solve the Miami WR dilemma.

AFCE seems like a cakewalk…

(Enter Armstead and Hill)

Good for Miami.. interesting team. Not worried about the division, but Miami could be legit.

While the knee jerk reaction is to take a corner at 25, this just tells me the smart move is WR. 25-30M for elite WR’s… yeesh…. Take one at 25 and then hope Diggs is willing to take a discount when those talks come along.

Fwiw, Hill can’t even be single covered… Even if we were in Stingley/Sauce range, neither of those dudes solve the Miami WR dilemma.

I'm hoping for Jameson Williams. As much as I love Diggs, that's a ton of dough for a WR entering the downslope of his career. Even if the cap goes up $20 mil + and they don't pay Edmunds, they might still have to make a tough decision

I'm hoping for Jameson Williams. As much as I love Diggs, that's a ton of dough for a WR entering the downslope of his career. Even if the cap goes up $20 mil + and they don't pay Edmunds, they might still have to make a tough decision

Bills board says Chad Hall was at Ohio State’s pro-day and had extensive 1 on 1’s with Olave and Wilson. That certainly lends belief that Bills are open to a RD1 WR.

Am I crazy for starting to think there’s about a 25% chance Diggs isn’t on this team Week 1?

If the Adams/Hill contracts changed the landscape, and he wants in on that, I get it… but I don’t think we can, nor should meet him at that price point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom