Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Am I crazy for starting to think there’s about a 25% chance Diggs isn’t on this team Week 1?

If the Adams/Hill contracts changed the landscape, and he wants in on that, I get it… but I don’t think we can, nor should meet him at that price point.

I think he'll be a Bill this season but these trades and contracts are yet another reason to prioritize WR in the draft this year.

Am I crazy for starting to think there’s about a 25% chance Diggs isn’t on this team Week 1?

If the Adams/Hill contracts changed the landscape, and he wants in on that, I get it… but I don’t think we can, nor should meet him at that price point.

Hard to see Buffalo moving him this season for a variety of reasons the most obvious one being the SB window is open and you just lost Beasley and Sanders. 2023 is a different story, if Diggs wants Hill money its unlikely Buffalo will be able to give him that.

Is this person semi-reliable at all?

I’d honestly pull the trigger on that.

This offense is Josh Allen-centric. I trust him enough to lead an elite offense with or without Diggs.

No, its a parody account. Bills aren't moving him this year barring a ridiculous offer and even then I don't see it.

No, its a parody account. Bills aren't moving him this year barring a ridiculous offer and even then I don't see it.

Yea, definitely got that after I checked out the full profile.

I’m just sayin.. If Diggs is going to be on his cryptic vibe all year and Beane sees the writing on the wall of a divorce next off-season, I’m pulling the trigger if someone gives us close to the Hill trade package.

Yea, definitely got that after I checked out the full profile.

I’m just sayin.. If Diggs is going to be on his cryptic vibe all year and Beane sees the writing on the wall of a divorce next off-season, I’m pulling the trigger if someone gives us close to the Hill trade package.
I assume they will speak with him and let them know they will work on an extension next year, I don't see the Bills doing anything this summer but maybe Allen gets involved. Diggs has been a big part of his success, I don't see Buffalo moving him unless things become untentable and they can't reach a long term extension. Money frees up next year to get one done if Diggs can wait but who knows.

I assume they will speak with him and let them know they will work on an extension next year, I don't see the Bills doing anything this summer but maybe Allen gets involved. Diggs has been a big part of his success, I don't see Buffalo moving him unless things become untentable and they can't reach a long term extension. Money frees up next year to get one done if Diggs can wait but who knows.

I actually would have been ok with reworking his contract a while back, simply because the price just went way up to retain him.

I actually would have been ok with reworking his contract a while back, simply because the price just went way up to retain him.

To be honest if they had I am not sure we still wouldn't be right back in the same spot based on how much the Adams and Hills deal were. Now the difference wouldn't be as great but I doubt an extension would have put him anywhere close to those two guys. He clearly deserves more but the question is how much. If he's looking for the exact deal Hill or Adams got it Buffalo will have to move him and I am not sure he can get that someplace else. If he's OK being in the neighborhood I think there is a chance.

Yeah, I actually thought it was a no brainer that we were going to re-do his contract this offseason. Now I tend to think we will hold off and might end up moving him next year instead. My gut feeling is Beane is the type to pay him instead of what seems to be a growing sentiment in the league that the top of the WR payscale has gotten too crazy. But I will no longer be surprised if we move on.

Crazy to hear how the Hill contract issues went down.

-Chiefs/Hill had framework of a 21.75M per year deal worked out.

-Adams deal comes down.

-Hill’s agent then tells Chiefs, in light of the Adams deal, that they should be prepared to make Hill the highest paid WR or do what’s best for both parties and seek a trade to bring back assets and allow Hill to go to a team willing to pay him.

I want to believe Diggs is a different dude, but that deal changed the WR landscape for guys with contracts coming up. Just like how the Watson deal alters the QB landscape moving forward at 46M per fully guaranteed. I’m sure Lamar, Herbert and Burrow will be using that as their baseline now.

Crazy to hear how the Hill contract issues went down.

-Chiefs/Hill had framework of a 21.75M per year deal worked out.

-Adams deal comes down.

-Hill’s agent then tells Chiefs, in light of the Adams deal, that they should be prepared to make Hill the highest paid WR or do what’s best for both parties and seek a trade to bring back assets and allow Hill to go to a team willing to pay him.

I want to believe Diggs is a different dude, but that deal changed the WR landscape for guys with contracts coming up. Just like how the Watson deal alters the QB landscape moving forward at 46M per fully guaranteed. I’m sure Lamar, Herbert and Burrow will be using that as their baseline now.
It’s honestly weird how much things have changed because Julio signed a 3 year $66 mil deal a few years back and Adams’ contract is basically a 3 year $67 mil deal.

tyreek and waddle and tua with more time up front. fyreek out finatics !

(btw bills fans. another cheap shot on TUA and screw the penalties josh allen don't last the game.)

Seeing a lot of "Gilmore to the Bills" stuff. Its a huge pipe dream with our cap situation right?

So Levi Wallace says when he was deciding between the Bills and Steelers, he asked God to give him a sign. He looked at what he was wearing and it was black and gold.
So there you go.

Do the Bills not have a salary cap? This is a lesson in cap management for every team to follow.

Do the Bills not have a salary cap? This is a lesson in cap management for every team to follow.

The salary cap is mostly fake. Every year teams just do accounting tricks to get under the cap. This extension likely lowers the Bills cap number for the upcoming season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom