Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Honestly the general consensus has been more that anyone who says trust the coaches and have faith is living in denial- there is far more angst than optimism on the board this off season. As someone who resides in the middle playing wait and see I’ve noticed any debate around positivity gets jumped on quickly.
Yeah, pretty much any talented creative writer will tell you it's very easy to go negative on anything.
I want to give Red a few years, I see no point in most of the criticism at this point. There is no magic wand to fix this.

Yeah, pretty much any talented creative writer will tell you it's very easy to go negative on anything.
I want to give Red a few years, I see no point in most of the criticism at this point. There is no magic wand to fix this.

Not to mention it’s not exactly a clear path to what needs to be “fixed” given the current environment continues to evolve.

…And stop talking about Duke! No one here cares about Duke. They have paid players for years and now they can do it without covering it up. So they have the top HS class, big deal. They are in the top 5 every year. And Maliq is not bringing them a championship this year. He’ll be lucky to get 20 minutes a game by the end of the season. Duke eats their own, and he’ll find that out. At least he’ll be cashing checks.
If the check values are based on performance I doubt he gets all of what he was told he can get.

Honestly the general consensus has been more that anyone who says trust the coaches and have faith is living in denial- there is far more angst than optimism on the board this off season. As someone who resides in the middle playing wait and see I’ve noticed any debate around positivity gets jumped on quickly.
Every year going forward will probably bring a lot of roster turnover if the portal/NIL parameters remain the same. And change makes a lot of people nervous. I think the feelings won't change about next season until people see what the roster actually looks like. Way too many wild cards.

We have to hope for the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. I am higher on Bell and JJ than most people here, so I can see how things could work out. We do need to somehow learn to play defense.
JJ yes Bell has to be a wait and see, when, you don't do 2 of 3 things a SF needs to do. You aren't helping the team, so far Bell has been all about him.
Play defense and rebound, then you help the team all the time.

but they got players that actually play their positions

a center who is a center

a point guard that is a point guard

a forward who rebounds and can play close to the hoop and play as a forward

last year there was a 1 on 1 queen as PG

an undersized PF as center

a slumping shooting guard as small forward

TOTALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL

you are way underestimating the effect of haivng player in roles that they can perform in that suit their skillsets...its going to make so much difference..no matter how much "talent " they have or not

and players like westry and freeman are huge wildcards that are also being slept on
but they got players that actually play their positions

a center who is a center

a point guard that is a point guard

a forward who rebounds and can play close to the hoop and play as a forward

last year there was a 1 on 1 queen as PG

an undersized PF as center

a slumping shooting guard as small forward

TOTALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL

you are way underestimating the effect of haivng player in roles that they can perform in that suit their skillsets...its going to make so much difference..no matter how much "talent " they have or not

and players like westry and freeman are huge wildcards that are also being slept on
This. I can’t believe there aren’t two dozen “likes” on this post. I guess some of us don’t presume to know as much as the coaching on talent, fit, NIL sources and availability. Until he proves otherwise, I’ll support Red’s decisions.

Looks official. Eddie saying, "Let's do it".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523_210754_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240523_210754_X.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 28
Every year going forward will probably bring a lot of roster turnover if the portal/NIL parameters remain the same. And change makes a lot of people nervous. I think the feelings won't change about next season until people see what the roster actually looks like. Way too many wild cards.

People won’t change feelings until we have 5 or more quad 1 wins

Maybe our old friend helped the deal. Lock & Recycle symbol?
Pretty interesting first post. I wasn't putting 2+2 together. Still don't think it equals four, but it means something.