Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Wonder how much more he got at gunpoint? So endearing to the fan base. He’s just maximizing his worth. Just a kid…. Well at 22.

Will he be in class tomorrow and officially enrolled? Did he come with bags packed to stay a while? Has the smoke signal gone up from the Melo Center?
He doesn't have to. If they registered him for the second semester summer session, he can get NIL money and the deal is made. I assume, I know, I know, that was done today.

Im pumped for the third commitment in July
Portal, high school, or Europe. (Oh, and be sure to disclose your source, or else.)
Charlie Brown Christmas GIF
?

Can anyone explain to me how academics work in this open transfer proces. How do these kids seem to automatically qualify wherever they go ?? Did we forget these are academic institutions?

Can anyone explain to me how academics work in this open transfer proces. How do these kids seem to automatically qualify wherever they go ?? Did we forget these are academic institutions?
Academics? Ha, when was the last time a kid was academically ineligible? I feel like for some reason that situation has all but disappeared

Academics? Ha, when was the last time a kid was academically ineligible? I feel like for some reason that situation has all but disappeared
Yes exactly! I guess that’s gone to the wayside. I just despise this system

He did nothing wrong.
Exactly. When things looked bad and I went to take a look at the list of best 5’s left in the portal and saw Patterson’s name I knew we had no other options. Good for him and his people getting what the market says he’s worth.

People harping on a kid making the max he can during his last year of college. I think people better take a look in the mirror and ask what they would’ve done.

Even as fans it’s fine to hate the system, seriously screw the NCAA but don’t hate the player just for working the system. Big Eddie didn’t make the system and he didn’t force ol Buzz and his Texas money to call him and offer him the money

Exactly. When things looked bad and I went to take a look at the list of best 5’s left in the portal and saw Patterson’s name I knew we had no other options. Good for him and his people getting what the market says he’s worth.

People harping on a kid making the max he can during his last year of college. I think people better take a look in the mirror and ask what they would’ve done.

Even as fans it’s fine to hate the system, seriously screw the NCAA but don’t hate the player just for working the system. Big Eddie didn’t make the system and he didn’t force ol Buzz and his Texas money to call him and offer him the money
Good on him. Terrible on our roster management and strategy for who we went after this offseason.

Last edited: