Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Looks like Eddie is balling in Cuse already …

IMG_1310.jpeg

One thing is for sure, Eddie is going to bring some nasty to the center position. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Even with the struggle we had filling the PG position, I like the looks of our team right now. If Eddie does his job reasonably well, we should be much more difficult to defend than last year.

This offseason league, similar to King of Kings, is it all fine with the NCAA now because isnt this what Billy Edelin got suspended for over 20 years ago? unsanctioned rec leagues w Refs?

This offseason league, similar to King of Kings, is it all fine with the NCAA now because isnt this what Billy Edelin got suspended for over 20 years ago? unsanctioned rec leagues w Refs?

Have to assume it’s all good given what our staff learned through all of that over the years

Yep- one interesting note on that- if you look at Ken Pom- the average tempo ranking of the top 20 overall ranked teams on Ken Pom is 182 over the past 5 yrs. Median is actually higher than that at 202. So the most successful teams are mostly keeping things at a more deliberate pace and running when it makes sense. Obviously the zone used to make us one of the slower teams over the years but in general playing fast the whole game is not always a good formula vs picking your spots.
Off the main point I guess but agree this is interesting. Could mean that the lower/unranked teams are more often playing from behind and need to work faster, on average. Will be interesting to see how tempo shakes out for us.

Yep- one interesting note on that- if you look at Ken Pom- the average tempo ranking of the top 20 overall ranked teams on Ken Pom is 182 over the past 5 yrs. Median is actually higher than that at 202. So the most successful teams are mostly keeping things at a more deliberate pace and running when it makes sense. Obviously the zone used to make us one of the slower teams over the years but in general playing fast the whole game is not always a good formula vs picking your spots.
Yeah but that's boooooooooooorrriiiiiiiiiiiiing

It was a YMCA league, and he was playing against men twice his age. It was the most asinine ruling ever by the NCAA. Supposedly the SU compliance office had cleared it with the clearinghouse first, but who knows. Didn’t matter. We won it all, baby!!

I lost track... is Devendorf officially affiliated with the program currently? Or is he just an interested alumnus?