Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

NoDestination = NoCredibility
Having a media group forming that’s solely focusing and bringing attention to Orange sports, only brings positives lol…

The guy is clearly tapped in with the young people and the current players…and it’s providing us inside looks and long form interviews which we didn’t have before..

It’s funny how some people are trashing them already and complaining. This is a good thing happening!
And they just started out.. and maybe they get better over time..
Would be a strange idea.

Also the video was a day in the life vlog of 22 year olds…no one is forcing anyone to watch or like that content lol

I was thinking about this point yesterday. There might be what a few hundred people who have any clue that there was drama with Lampkin’s recruitment.
And those few hundred people talk to a few hundred more….

Having a media group forming that’s solely focusing and bringing attention to Orange sports, only brings positives lol…

The guy is clearly tapped in with the young people and the current players…and it’s providing us inside looks and long form interviews which we didn’t have before..

It’s funny how some people are trashing them already and complaining. This is a good thing happening!
And they just started out.. and maybe they get better over time..
Would be a strange idea.

Also the video was a day in the life vlog of 22 year olds…no one is forcing anyone to watch or like that content lol
It's bringing access to the players that quite frankly we've never had. On the football side they've done some fun interviews which really brings out the people side of sports and not just reducing it to a guy with a number on his back. For some, maybe that's better so they can dehumanize it and take all their frustrations in life out on athletes who don't hit a shot or complete a pass or whatever.

If people don't like it, then don't watch. There will always be complainers about everything in life.

Difference between not liking specific content and saying they have no credibility. It’s a young guy trying to do some good work. Sometimes it will hit and other times not so much.
Also, they were working hard to make a guy who just moved 2000 miles comfortable on his first weekend here.

I think the fact that Lampkin is hanging out with them right after arriving says loads about their "credibility."

Even if I turned off the video after about 30 seconds, I'm not their target audience, lol.

Screenshot_20240605-095705_Instagram.jpg

Things that make you go... hmm. :rolleyes:

just 3 phones, a hellcat, and damn near a million
Lamp certainly has an..."interesting" personality. The staff did a lot of heavy lifting to get and keep him. Given the investment (NIL) and cost (having to move off other possible additions), there is a lot riding on his success this season.

To be clear, I am NOT suggesting that Lamp will or will not live up to those expectations. We are all along for that ride. At a minimum, I think he fills a fatal flaw on offense from last season. This off season was always going to be a big test of Red's ability and vision as a HC and leader of the program.

Lamp certainly has an..."interesting" personality. The staff did a lot of heavy lifting to get and keep him. Given the investment (NIL) and cost (having to move off other possible additions), there is a lot riding on his success this season.

To be clear, I am NOT suggesting that Lamp will or will not live up to those expectations. We are all along for that ride. At a minimum, I think he fills a fatal flaw on offense from last season. This off season was always going to be a big test of Red's ability and vision as a HC and leader of the program.
I think we will actually see how Red wants to play this year.

I think we will actually see how Red wants to play this year.
Hopefully, and if we do play like he wants (fast), then we will need a deep bench. Last year, a combination of things hindered the implementation of Red's preferred playing style. Injuries definitely played a part, and apparently the player's unwillingness to play how Red wanted them to play.

Hopefully, and if we do play like he wants (fast), then we will need a deep bench. Last year, a combination of things hindered the implementation of Red's preferred playing style. Injuries definitely played a part, and apparently the player's unwillingness to play how Red wanted them to play.

I wonder if we truly will play fast or just push the ball when it matters then have an efficient half court game otherwise.

I wonder if we truly will play fast or just push the ball when it matters then have an efficient half court game otherwise.
It will be interesting to see. But, I would like to see us push the ball and try to take advantage of unsettled defenses as often as possible. If we truly have depth, we could wear down our opponents. If the other team focuses on getting back on defense, they won't be able to crash the offensive boards as hard as we often see.

It will be interesting to see. But, I would like to see us push the ball and try to take advantage of unsettled defenses as often as possible. If we truly have depth, we could wear down our opponents. If the other team focuses on getting back on defense, they won't be able to crash the offensive boards as hard as we often see.

Yep- one interesting note on that- if you look at Ken Pom- the average tempo ranking of the top 20 overall ranked teams on Ken Pom is 182 over the past 5 yrs. Median is actually higher than that at 202. So the most successful teams are mostly keeping things at a more deliberate pace and running when it makes sense. Obviously the zone used to make us one of the slower teams over the years but in general playing fast the whole game is not always a good formula vs picking your spots.

I think Red's preferred style of play is definitely to push the ball whenever they have fast break opportunities. With this year's roster, if they don't get anything on the initial fast break hopefully they can flow to a transition offense and then into half court motion offense/sets. The increase in experienced players and basketball IQ should help here.