Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

freeman and moore are the only bright spots. But they committed over a year ago. Its hard to feel positive about things otherwise.
Would Moore even play if we had competent guards on the roster? I doubt it.

Would Moore even play if we had competent guards on the roster? I doubt it.
No clue but my focus is on how inexcusably bad a spot the 5 is now.

if these rules were in place in 1987, the same stuff would have been going on then
Exactly my point. The portal wasn't in place, so guys had to stay unless they wanted to sit out a year. So it basically forced them to stay. We got to know them, watch them develop, help them become part of the Syracuse family and in turn they felt like they were part of the family and community for life. They were always welcomed back.

Maybe JJ will be a part of the Cuse family, but Judah, Quadir, Maliq won't be. Look how bad JG3 got booed last year and he stayed here four year.

The game is ruined for fans, coaches and the schools themselves. Pick a number on how many schools are actually benefitting from the portal: 10, 15, 20 maybe at the absolute maximum. Whatever the number is, Cuse is on the outside looking in.

Wow, absolutely devastating. The offense was likely somewhat built around lampkin with some inside out action with him, bell and JJ. I feel horrible for Red. This landscape is such a joke now and it could very well cost him his job in another year or two. Really really hope we can pivot. And if im in Red's shoes I'm tampering any chance I get if it helps to make any moves I can.

kids got a big mouth..we'll be fine
?
Head Scratch What GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

So a guy that commits while in High School is locked in but a guy that commits while in the portal isn’t?
Does anyone think this is a good idea?Why wouldn’t the NCAA put a rule in the same way they have the High School rule?

Isn’t it clear that SU is not competing in this environment??? It appears we just don’t have the NIL to compete. Can’t they replicate what’s happening on the football side ? This loss is massive
I have a feeling that Red isn't getting the NIL support because some big donors probably wanted Gmac. Basing this on nothing other than it makes no sense that we're in this position.

I mean we made a run at both Leffew and Kadary so we clearly should have some left over NIL to spend. I get that we dont want to get into bidding wars but this is such a massive loss given the state of the team that I think its worth it to overpay. The options are extremely limited as to whats left and anyone remotely valuable is probably gonna cost us just as much given a lot of other teams still need a center. Frustrating times.

I mean we made a run at both Leffew and Kadary so we clearly should have some left over NIL to spend. I get that we dont want to get into bidding wars but this is such a massive loss given the state of the team that I think it's worth it to overpay. The options are extremely limited as to whats left and anyone remotely valuable is probably gonna cost us just as much given a lot of other teams still need a center. Frustrating times.
We talked to Kadary but apparently we offered a comparatively insultingly low amount of money so did we really make a run at him? We're prob cooked.

What you would consider a lot. 250k plus no state income tax plus in his home state
You are saying they offered 250k more than what we offered? Or they offered 250k