Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

The staff will always publicly support their recruits.

Lampkin is an ok offensive player.

He is not a guy that is making us a threat for anything.

Any big that had a 16.4 PER last year isn’t some offensive juggernaut and his D isn’t great.

I like Lampkin (insert “I love lamp” joke), and I want him to stay, but we weren’t ACC title contenders with him.
Ok now do 16.4 PER with centers that entered the portal. All the good centers in the league graduated or went to the league. Especially in the acc

Nil isn’t a contract with the school and probably contingent upon the player actually being on the team.

the player never shows, there wasn’t a breach of the nil contract
NIL is not contingent upon the player being on the team. In fact, there was a big discussion on how come NIL isn't even contingent upon the player being geographically in the area the school is. I think an argument being made was why should a kid being limited to where the school is if he/she can take classes online and the deal is with a national brand like Geico or KFC...if it requires a physical presence like a signing event they can be flown in. The rules are so loose it is basically no rules.

Ok now do 16.4 PER with centers that entered the portal. All the good centers in the league graduated or went to the league. Especially in the acc
This guy is ranked 195th in the composite transfer rankings. There were quite a few better than him.

The staff will always publicly support their recruits.

Lampkin is an ok offensive player.

He is not a guy that is making us a threat for anything.

Any big that had a 16.4 PER last year isn’t some offensive juggernaut and his D isn’t great.

I like Lampkin (insert “I love lamp” joke), and I want him to stay, but we weren’t ACC title contenders with him.
Rationalizing!!! Boo!!!

Oh wrong thread

I mean this with all due respect, your point and my point don’t change that we weren’t conference title contenders with him.

Did the staff or anyone say the lineup was built around Lampkin?

To me it seemed he was a valuable add for his physical presence down low and ability to find the open perimeter player. That’d be building around freeing up Bell and Starling?

I am so tired from reading these threads.

There is no loyalty. Why should there be? Lampkin is not orange never been why should he be loyal? This is the same as that movie Jerry McGuire where the dad said to Jerry his "words are stronger then oak".

What's in the letter he signed? What is the penalty if any? If it's all about money then a buyout clause needs to be added. Let's be honest about it.

You keep mentioning the transfer rankings.

I mean we bust on the high school star ratings. We trust the transfer rankings?

I don't. I have no idea what they mean.
I know I’ve been more pessimistic than I ever have the past few months, but compare him to the guys ahead of him and you’ll get your answer. Defensively he isn’t it. I’ll shut up now. I know I’ve made my point enough.

Isn't McLeod going to be able to play this year? I thought he was supposed to be a get last year.
The problem with Naheem is that 1. he just got the boot off. That means he hasn't been working on his game this spring. We need more than the same player he was last year. I'm glad he is back but we need another big anyway. Plus, we need him to be a better player. tough to do when you haven't been practicing.

Let's deconstruct this whole thing and just field a team on the spot for every game. Offer NIL on a per game basis, free to go play somewhere else after each game. You can commit to play X games and if you back out there is a buyout. You get injured you get kicked to the curb.

Can you tell me next weeks mega ball numbers too!

Talk about taking a victory lap before the season started!

Taking a look at a situation based on evidence and projecting the most likely outcome isn’t taking a victory lap.

Thinking Eddie Lampkin is some kind of Jokic-lite is magical thinking.

And what it does is cover the ongoing inability of the program to compete at the levels we used to. To be fair, college sports are a dem of mayhem now.

If we win tons of games next year and dominate, everyone can give me my comeuppance. Happy to eat that crow.

But what are we doing here? We’re freaking out upon potentially losing Eddie Lampkin. That says it all about where we are and what we’re staring at in terms of success.

It sucks. Hope Red gets us out of the muck. But this isn’t me doing any victory lap, it’s not playing make believe.

Yeah as I have mentioned ad nauseum…it’s all about relationships, opportunity and $$$. Brands are dead.

Watch Frans second offseason….it will be wild
I don’t even understand this. Wild good or wild bad

Let's deconstruct this whole thing and just field a team on the spot for every game. Offer NIL on a per game basis, free to go play somewhere else after each game. You can commit to play X games and if you back out there is a buyout. You get injured you get kicked to the curb.
That per game thing will never work!!!

I like this idea 1000 times more than the current set up.