Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you would think that Cal and K both have a thing for beating out JB. Of course I realize that is silly but it is annoying when you look at IJ and now this kid. Can't freaking stand UK. All they do is fail to match results with the talent they recruit year in year out. Had Fab not been DQ'd for something UK has probably done 5X a year since Cal was hired, Cal may not even have one title to his name as a UK coach.

Didn’t say they shouldn’t.
You took the time to post that Kentucky is "selfish and greedy, and can never get enough," but you didn't mean to imply that they shouldn't be that way? My apologies for the assumption.

Last edited:
Kind of like K is stealing recruits from JB because he secretly hates him?

That really grates me. Coach K is put up on this pedestal of the all saintly being which I'm sure he very much is. But Jb is his friend and he routinely targets players that he doesnt need that syracuse and JB had been in on and he comes in last minute. Jordan Tucker again case in point. He didnt need jordan tucker or more recently Patrick tape he can basically hand pick the best of thr best in the country each. It's not like we battling him and duke for zion Williamson type player.

You took the time to post that Kentucky is "selfish and greedy, and can never get enough," but you didn't mean to imply that they shouldn't be that way. My apologies for the assumption.

Was more tongue and cheek but thanks for taking the time to respond.

Why shouldn't they take everyone they can?

At some point its overkill. Just from a syracuse standpoint I'm sure u could apply to any other program in country.

For example Jordan Tucker ultimate cautionary tale. Duke still had grayson Allen on roster among other returnees then the same recruiting class had bagley carter Duvall trent. What happens he gets buried early and then duke buries him more with the next recruiting class coming in.

At some point its overkill. Just from a syracuse standpoint I'm sure u could apply to any other program in country.

For example Jordan Tucker ultimate cautionary tale. Duke still had grayson Allen on roster among other returnees then the same recruiting class had bagley carter Duvall trent. What happens he gets buried early and then duke buries him more with the next recruiting class coming in.
It is overkill but it's the way their programs operate and can operate that way. Sucks but they run themselves. Kids get caught up in the hype and the nba dream and there are so many other great programs that can provide the same opportunities or more.

You took the time to post that Kentucky is "selfish and greedy, and can never get enough," but you didn't mean to imply that they shouldn't be that way. My apologies for the assumption.
It's not like Pay Pal is a paragon of virtue. Selfish and greedy are just the beginning.

Last edited:
Here's where I stand on this one.

Kentucky I cant see in this one. Isaiah Jackson clone. He doesn't fit and they are way to similar of players. I hope he sees past the hype. They also have Lance Ware and it wouldnt suprise me for them to go after Sarr. They are pursuing Cisse who they would love to reclass to 2020 as well and he just named his top 5 or 6. It just doesnt make sense to me but its UK so I would never bet against them. 5 star kids love to go there regardless of roster situation. Hopefully with the kid being as smart as he is he sees past the BS and hype.

Western Kentucky scares me. That dude brings a big bag to the table when he plays. No other explanation as to how he continues to land stud players and they suck as a program. Slick rick $$$$$$$

Seton Hall sucks but that's just because I hate them. Not sure what their roster looks like but they are still in the running for Adama Sanogo and they have been building lately...I hate that I have to say that but they have. Ugh...they suck so it's a no for them from me lol.

Arkansas is kinda a strange one but idk? Cant picture it.

San Diego St one could be something to watch considering hes been playing at prolific prep out west he might like the west coast scenery etc and again I know nothing of their roster situation and how good they can be.

From a basketball standpoint (without my orange colored glasses on) we make the best case and make the most sense but it usually doesnt play out that way for us. Just my opinion. Really smart kid and I'm sure his family has a good handle on things so hopefully they see what we have to offer. Fits our style of play perfectly just like Isaiah Jackson would have. ACC/Fan Base/New and improved Dome/Melo center/HOF coach and great assistants and family atmosphere. But the big thing is our roster...kid has to see a good situation to earn serious playing time and having shooters surround him. This would be a huge pickup. Fingers crossed. Just my thoughts. *maybe I do have my orange colored glasses on but I dont fricken care!*

I looked at the six teams in question recruiting Anselem and most of them appear to be really lacking big men not just at the C position.

Seton Hall and Syracuse have the higher number (4-5) scholarship players (6’9” or taller) available to play PF and/or C.
Kentucky has the fewest number (2) and they are both incoming freshmen.
San Diego has 3 but their combined ranking is low.
Western Kentucky has 1 player.
Arkansas has 2 players, one who is 7’3”.

I’m sure that the level of conference play, how each team will be competitive and playing time available will all factor into Anselem’s decision. There are other factors that may come into play such as closeness to home and comfort with the school and coaching staff as which school can best prepare him for the pros and how fast does he want to get there. I see him being a 2 year player at a minimum, possibly 3-4.

if I had to guess which teams have the higher probablity to sign him based on the above, the order I see it would be Kentucky, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Arkansas, Western Kentucky and San Diego.

Our disadvantage would be the amount of perceived playing time available at C/PF positions In the first year.
Comments?

I looked at the six teams in question recruiting Anselem and most of them appear to be really lacking big men not just at the C position.

Seton Hall and Syracuse have the higher number (4-5) scholarship players (6’9” or taller) available to play PF and/or C.
Kentucky has the fewest number (2) and they are both incoming freshmen.
San Diego has 3 but their combined ranking is low.
Western Kentucky has 1 player.
Arkansas has 2 players, one who is 7’3”.

I’m sure that the level of conference play, how each team will be competitive and playing time available will all factor into Anselem’s decision. There are other factors that may come into play such as closeness to home and comfort with the school and coaching staff as which school can best prepare him for the pros and how fast does he want to get there. I see him being a 2 year player at a minimum, possibly 3-4.

if I had to guess which teams have the higher probablity to sign him based on the above, the order I see it would be Kentucky, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Arkansas, Western Kentucky and San Diego.

Our disadvantage would be the amount of perceived playing time available at C/PF positions In the first year.
Comments?
Good analysis...the only thing I'll argue with is when he looks at our roster and our bigs I dont see any intimidation factor. I think this kid sees us as a opportunity for being a major player the minute he steps foot on campus. Our bigs are not at this kids talent level. UK already has Isaiah and Ware as well as pursuing other options and trying to get kids to reclass. I guess I could see him there because its UK and they are never out of it...just seems a strange fit with who they already have and who they are still recruiting.

Full game. He didn't start but player most of the second half I had him with 12pt 6rebs. I don't believe he dribbled the ball once.

Reminds me of a young Etah ever more now. Great athlete runs the floor and can has serious hops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom