Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full game. He didn't start but player most of the second half I had him with 12pt 6rebs. I don't believe he dribbled the ball once.

Reminds me of a young Etah ever more now. Great athlete runs the floor and can has serious hops.
Very mobile and athletic. 6'10 (6'11 on some sites) 220lbs and a 7'5 Wingspan. Fits exactly how we play and what we need. Kid has tremendous upside. Has the frame to add more weight/muscle too it seems.

I looked at the six teams in question recruiting Anselem and most of them appear to be really lacking big men not just at the C position.

Seton Hall and Syracuse have the higher number (4-5) scholarship players (6’9” or taller) available to play PF and/or C.
Kentucky has the fewest number (2) and they are both incoming freshmen.
San Diego has 3 but their combined ranking is low.
Western Kentucky has 1 player.
Arkansas has 2 players, one who is 7’3”.

I’m sure that the level of conference play, how each team will be competitive and playing time available will all factor into Anselem’s decision. There are other factors that may come into play such as closeness to home and comfort with the school and coaching staff as which school can best prepare him for the pros and how fast does he want to get there. I see him being a 2 year player at a minimum, possibly 3-4.

if I had to guess which teams have the higher probablity to sign him based on the above, the order I see it would be Kentucky, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Arkansas, Western Kentucky and San Diego.

Our disadvantage would be the amount of perceived playing time available at C/PF positions In the first year.
Comments?
If we lose a recruit to Western Kentucky that really says something about recruiting. I get the whole money thing. But it's freaking Western Kentucky.

I only had him with 2pt 1reb, but he battled on D and helped them make a run in the second half.

I posting this game because it is a very good HS game. Jalen Green is a pro now!

I only had him with 2pt 1reb, but he battled on D and helped them make a run in the second half.

I posting this game because it is a very good HS game. Jalen Green is a pro now!
Yea his team was so good he didnt have to do much. Loaded with talent. He probably watched green and burnett most games honestly.

Yea his team was so good he didnt have to do much. Loaded with talent. He probably watched green and burnett most games honestly.
Would love to see Green and Burnett match up against Kadary and Clarke...

If we lose a recruit to Western Kentucky that really says something about recruiting. I get the whole money thing. But it's freaking Western Kentucky.

It doesn't. Stansbury is infamous among other coaches. He's not a dark horse if he gets into a kid's final schools. Already has a four star guard in this class and has won 61% of his games in his first four seasons.

It doesn't. Stansbury is infamous among other coaches. He's not a dark horse if he gets into a kid's final schools. Already has a four star guard in this class and has won 61% of his games in his first four seasons.

is that supposed to be a positive?

Outside of the first season with a team be inherited, he'd be at ~70%, yes.
Interesting note about Arkansas, they have 7 new comers for the upcoming year and two openings. Frank Aneselm would not have to worry about any legacy competition there.

Here's where I stand on this one.

Kentucky I cant see in this one. Isaiah Jackson clone. He doesn't fit and they are way to similar of players. I hope he sees past the hype. They also have Lance Ware and it wouldnt suprise me for them to go after Sarr. They are pursuing Cisse who they would love to reclass to 2020 as well and he just named his top 5 or 6. It just doesnt make sense to me but its UK so I would never bet against them. 5 star kids love to go there regardless of roster situation. Hopefully with the kid being as smart as he is he sees past the BS and hype.

Western Kentucky scares me. That dude brings a big bag to the table when he plays. No other explanation as to how he continues to land stud players and they suck as a program. Slick rick $$$$$$$

Seton Hall sucks but that's just because I hate them. Not sure what their roster looks like but they are still in the running for Adama Sanogo and they have been building lately...I hate that I have to say that but they have. Ugh...they suck so it's a no for them from me lol.

Arkansas is kinda a strange one but idk? Cant picture it.

San Diego St one could be something to watch considering hes been playing at prolific prep out west he might like the west coast scenery etc and again I know nothing of their roster situation and how good they can be.

From a basketball standpoint (without my orange colored glasses on) we make the best case and make the most sense but it usually doesnt play out that way for us. Just my opinion. Really smart kid and I'm sure his family has a good handle on things so hopefully they see what we have to offer. Fits our style of play perfectly just like Isaiah Jackson would have. ACC/Fan Base/New and improved Dome/Melo center/HOF coach and great assistants and family atmosphere. But the big thing is our roster...kid has to see a good situation to earn serious playing time and having shooters surround him. This would be a huge pickup. Fingers crossed. Just my thoughts. *maybe I do have my orange colored glasses on but I dont fricken care!*
You do know who Arkansas’ head coach is, right?

He started this game played most of both halves. 4pts 6rebs.

They threw him the ball in the post a few times his offense is a work in progress, but he should develop nicely in the zone and spare Marek from having to play center. He is still learning the game, spacing, etc. so I don't expect much in the way of numbers on the offensive end.

Also Prolific Prep is probably the deepest HS team I've seen this year.

Not sure we went head to head with Kentucky for Leron Ellis. He went to Kentucky and then transferred to Syracuse. He was a friend of Mike Hopkins.
He went to Syracuse after Kentucky was put on probation. That was also pre first probation and we were at our high in recruiting.

He went to Syracuse after Kentucky was put on probation. That was also pre first probation and we were at our high in recruiting.
Yeah, the Chris Mills incident, iirc.

He started this game played most of both halves. 4pts 6rebs.

They threw him the ball in the post a few times his offense is a work in progress, but he should develop nicely in the zone and spare Marek from having to play center. He is still learning the game, spacing, etc. so I don't expect much in the way of numbers on the offensive end.

Also Prolific Prep is probably the deepest HS team I've seen this year.

Are they deeper than Syracuse? [Wonder what the committee that named that school looked like.]

So, the kid is talented, but sometimes doesn’t start, and doesn’t contribute a lot on the stat sheet?
We have JBA, who has talents, but didn’t start a lot on his ‘very deep HS team.’
We have Kadary coming in, who is often the third or fourth option on his ‘very deep HS team.’ Who is ranked in the 80s, but we say that’s cuz the rankers hate us...
We aren’t getting ready-to-play transfer centers because we have ‘rising and hopefully surprising youth’ already on-board...

The kind of stuff that leads to league .500 finishes, and then another round of rationalizations. We used to get a kid at #25 and complain that we weren’t getting top 10s. Now we are getting HS 4th options, and expecting to develop them by a coach who only ‘just watches’ the first half of practices, and by staff who never played the position. Not an ideal formula.

Do any of the Dior Twitter Trackers know Who he has been trying to bring along? Any chirps to Frank?

1) Are they deeper than Syracuse? [Wonder what the committee that named that school looked like.]

2) So, the kid is talented, but sometimes doesn’t start, and doesn’t contribute a lot on the stat sheet?
We have JBA, who has talents, but didn’t start a lot on his ‘very deep HS team.’
3) We have Kadary coming in, who is often the third or fourth option on his ‘very deep HS team.’ Who is ranked in the 80s, but we say that’s cuz the rankers hate us...
4) We aren’t getting ready-to-play transfer centers because we have ‘rising and hopefully surprising youth’ already on-board...

5)The kind of stuff that leads to league .500 finishes, and then another round of rationalizations. We used to get a kid at #25 and complain that we weren’t getting top 10s. Now we are getting HS 4th options, and expecting to develop them by a coach who only ‘just watches’ the first half of practices, and by staff who never played the position. Not an ideal formula.

6)Do any of the Dior Twitter Trackers know Who he has been trying to bring along? Any chirps to Frank?
LOL!

1) They have more pros than the 2019-2020 Cuse team (2 1/2 to 1)

2) Frank is a better athlete than JBA which should allow him to play while developing his skill level. Being able to out jump people helps especially down low.

3) Kadary was the second option by mid-season and maybe the best player on the team by the end of the season.

4) We swung and missed at ready to play transfers most of those guys want to walk in to a situation where they is no competition for minutes (see Haarms to BYU)

5) I understand being unhappy with the past several seasons, but we never had a team stacked with top 25 recruits what we had and need to get back to is a team with high quality athletes who fit our system i.e.( Fair, Grant, Kris Jo, etc.) Frank is that level of athlete.

6) Dior is the top 25/top 10 talent that we need to pepper in with our prototypical recruits. I'm too old to care able his twitter feed.

No reasonable person is auguring that recruiting hasn't been down but we have the size and athleticism coming in to get us back to where we need to be. (see Griffin, Kadary, Newton)

Last edited:
Are they deeper than Syracuse? [Wonder what the committee that named that school looked like.]

So, the kid is talented, but sometimes doesn’t start, and doesn’t contribute a lot on the stat sheet?
We have Kadary coming in, who is often the third or fourth option on his ‘very deep HS team.’ Who is ranked in the 80s, but we say that’s cuz the rankers hate us...
We aren’t getting ready-to-play transfer centers because we have ‘rising and hopefully surprising youth’ already on-board...

The kind of stuff that leads to league .500 finishes, and then another round of rationalizations. We used to get a kid at #25 and complain that we weren’t getting top 10s. Now we are getting HS 4th options, and expecting to develop them by a coach who only ‘just watches’ the first half of practices, and by staff who never played the position. Not an ideal formula.

Do any of the Dior Twitter Trackers know Who he has been trying to bring along? Any chirps to Frank?

Your take on Kadary can't be serious. That is unless you watched zero of the highlights of him dominating against some of the best competition in the country before the shutdown and where he clearly was a primary option when it mattered.

LOL!

1) They have more pros than the 2019-2020 Cuse team (2 1/2 to 1)

2) Frank is a better athlete than JBA which should allow him to play while developing his skill level. Being able to out jump people helps especially down low.

3) Kadary was the second option by mid-season and maybe the best player on the team by the end of the season.

4) We swung and missed at ready to play transfers most of those guys want to walk in to a situation where they is no competition for minutes (see Haarms to BYU)

5) I understand being unhappy with the past several seasons, but we never had a team stacked with top 25 recruits what we had and need to get back to is a team with high quality athletes who fit our system i.e.( Fair, Grant, Kris Jo, etc.) Frank is that level of athlete.

6) Dior is the top 25/top 10 talent that we need to pepper in with our prototypical recruits. I'm too old to care able his twitter feed.

No reasonable person is auguring that recruiting hasn't been down but we have the size and athleticism coming in to get us back to where we need to be. (see Griffin, Kadary, Newton)
Sounds good, but we're still limited by incumbency at two critical positions next year. It's going to be very interesting to see how much run the new guys get. And, as always, 'team quality' is relative to the rest of the NCAA/league. We shall see.

Your take on Kadary can't be serious. That is unless you watched zero of the highlights of him dominating against some of the best competition in the country before the shutdown and where he clearly was a primary option when it mattered.
My take on Kadary is that he's 'the next Joe Dumars,' remember?
I'm not 'down' on Kadary. I think he's incredibly talented, but has some obvious flaws. My point wasn't that he's not going to be good/productive. It's that this board's optimists have a tendency to pump up a 'bottom 100' recruit, and guys who don't start, and guys who aren't the alphas on their teams... as being so much better. Because Canada. Because recruiters hate us. Because they had other D1 talent on their team. That was a broad stroke, to illustrate a trend.

My take on Kadary is that he's 'the next Joe Dumars,' remember?
I'm not 'down' on Kadary. I think he's incredibly talented, but has some obvious flaws. My point wasn't that he's not going to be good/productive. It's that this board's optimists have a tendency to pump up a 'bottom 100' recruit, and guys who don't start, and guys who aren't the alphas on their teams... as being so much better. Because Canada. Because recruiters hate us. Because they had other D1 talent on their team. That was a broad stroke, to illustrate a trend.
So, Kadary is a hall of famer in waiting? SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors