Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
kid must be pretty confident in his game aaccording to this write up.

"As Cats Illustrated insiders and Sources Say Podcast co-hosts David Sisk and Travis Graf reported Thursday evening, KSR can confirm that 2020 four-star center Frank Anselem is no longer expected to choose Kentucky, with both sides opting to mutually part ways.

Kentucky has been the heavy leader for two solid weeks dating back to the school’s initial contact and would have been the choice without Olivier Sarr’s commitment. Even with him, there was a scenario that could have led Anselem to Lexington, with the opportunity to play spot minutes off the bench still being an avenue they’d explore. When it became apparent from Kentucky’s side of things that redshirting was the likeliest scenario for him, though, Anselem and his camp ultimately decided the fit wouldn’t work.

“Frank thinks he’s a one-and-done. Absolutely,” one individual familiar with the situation told KSR. “He’s not taking a back seat to anyone. … It’s a good breakup. Great kid, bad fit for UK.”
Frank doesn't start on his high school. I'm calling BS on this article, it fell apart so it has to be the kids fault...

He’s not starting here so I’m not sure what to think
Yea idk what to think with some of the stuff I've came across tonight. Maybe his handler said some stuff that didnt sit right with UK? Or maybe he just didnt want to go sit behind a bunch of guys so now the UK writers gotta make the kid look bad. Idk? It's getting interesting though lol. I'm thinking SH lands Ngandu today and that leaves Cuse/Arkansas/WKU as his final 3 choices.

Breakdown:
UK OUT

Seton Hall has 1 scholarship left and a kid named jeff ngandu that's a 6'9 PF that's committing today might be a possibility to take that last spot.

San Diego St just landed 6'10 grad transfer from maryland tonight so I think they are out.

WKU has 6'11 230lb big man Charles Bassey returning who was C-USA freshman of the year and defensive player of the year so hes absolutely not playing over him unless they want frank to play the 4 and help play a limited role at the 5 with him. They have a 6'11 230lb senior Matt Horton who wasnt used much I think he had some injuries but I dont think hes much of a factor. I think they have a few others but nothing that should scare him away. He will definitely not start over Bassey that much I know.

Arkansas has 6'9 230lb Jaylin William's coming in as a freshman and a grad transfer eligible immediately 6'9 230lb SF Vance Jackson. They also have big man Connor Vanover 7'3 230lb RS sophomore and a few other guys that are 6'8.

Then you know our big situation. We have some talented young bigs developing and saw glimpses of how jesse can play. No one knows what to expect from JBA yet...Marek will see a lot of minutes and then Bourama came on strong at the end of the year but is still foul prone. I'm not sure our roster scares him away either. Knowing JB and how he does things I'm sure Bourama starts but then again maybe they tell Frank he will have a opportunity to if they like him that much? (Doesnt seem like a JB thing to do but who knows...he seems to get frustrated with Bourama quite often and has made some pretty bad comments about basically having to play him because he was our only option) need to sell him on our style of play and how hes mobile/athletic and would be a phenomenal rim protector surrounded by shooters who can open the floor up for him. Will be more effective defensively as his offensive game needs work but hes still probably just as good if not better offensively then what we have now. Kid has hops.

Summary: it's a crapshoot. And it sounds like he has handlers that are driving the bus here so who knows what hes looking for. Education wise hes a smart kid and i have no clue what he wants to study so maybe that comes into play? I'm thinking we know pretty soon.

Breakdown:
UK OUT

Seton Hall has 1 scholarship left and a kid named jeff ngandu that's a 6'9 PF that's committing today might be a possibility to take that last spot.

San Diego St just landed 6'10 grad transfer from maryland tonight so I think they are out.

WKU has 6'11 230lb big man Charles Bassey returning who was C-USA freshman of the year and defensive player of the year so hes absolutely not playing over him unless they want frank to play the 4 and help play a limited role at the 5 with him. They have a 6'11 230lb senior Matt Horton who wasnt used much I think he had some injuries but I dont think hes much of a factor. I think they have a few others but nothing that should scare him away. He will definitely not start over Bassey that much I know.

Arkansas has 6'9 230lb Jaylin William's coming in as a freshman and a grad transfer eligible immediately 6'9 230lb SF Vance Jackson. They also have big man Connor Vanover 7'3 230lb RS sophomore and a few other guys that are 6'8.

Then you know our big situation. We have some talented young bigs developing and saw glimpses of how jesse can play. No one knows what to expect from JBA yet...Marek will see a lot of minutes and then Bourama came on strong at the end of the year but is still foul prone. I'm not sure our roster scares him away either. Knowing JB and how he does things I'm sure Bourama starts but then again maybe they tell Frank he will have a opportunity to if they like him that much? (Doesnt seem like a JB thing to do but who knows...he seems to get frustrated with Bourama quite often and has made some pretty bad comments about basically having to play him because he was our only option) need to sell him on our style of play and how hes mobile/athletic and would be a phenomenal rim protector surrounded by shooters who can open the floor up for him. Will be more effective defensively as his offensive game needs work but hes still probably just as good if not better offensively then what we have now. Kid has hops.

Summary: it's a crapshoot. And it sounds like he has handlers that are driving the bus here so who knows what hes looking for. Education wise hes a smart kid and i have no clue what he wants to study so maybe that comes into play? I'm thinking we know pretty soon.
I think if anything they could pitch the opportunity to start if he plays up to it. Kid could see himself as the best and be up to it

Breakdown:
UK OUT

If the article about playing time is true, would we want the kid.

I think you can try and sell him on having the chance to compete for the starting position, and also point out that our bigs had major issues staying out of foul trouble so there is plenty of time to be found as a freshman in either regard

He’s going to have to fight to play no matter where he goes

Yeah, aside from maybe WKU, it seems like we can offer as realistic a path to playing time as anyone else that's pursuing him. None of them are clear starting opportunities as far as I can tell.

I think you can try and sell him on having the chance to compete for the starting position, and also point out that our bigs had major issues staying out of foul trouble so there is plenty of time to be found as a freshman in either regard
Foul issues and somewhat serious injuries for Sidibe.

Yeah, aside from maybe WKU, it seems like we can offer as realistic a path to playing time as anyone else that's pursuing him. None of them are clear starting opportunities as far as I can tell.
Yep. And with Sidibe graduating and us not really in the mix for any 2021 guys (we aren’t getting Mac), he could could be in the drivers seat to start next year

I highly doubt anyone is recruited with the caveat that: "you will be competing for back up minutes; or our starting line up is set."

Everyone is told you have a chance to compete for immediate playing time

I highly doubt anyone is recruited with the caveat that: "you will be competing for back up minutes; or our starting line up is set."

Everyone is told you have a chance to compete for immediate playing time
Correct...then it's up to that player and his camp to look at the roster and see if they think they legitimately do have that chance. Our roster isnt scaring this kid away that's for sure. SH needs a big as well.

Head coach at prolific liked my recruiting pitch :p (shhh I'm really troy weaver just dont tell anyone)
20200508_113657.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors