Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds and feels like we are trending here. I will admit, not liking the potential handler issues...JB and staff have seemed to have a much shorter tolerance for those types of recruitment's lately, which I believe has resulted in us not getting some of these higher rated guys...along with other factors. Like this guys measurable's and athleticism. The rest he can learn in game or with time.

I don't see how this kid helps us this year. JB has been notoriously untrustworthy with freshman bigs that have been top 50 players, let alone a fringe 4 star.

I highly doubt anyone is recruited with the caveat that: "you will be competing for back up minutes; or our starting line up is set."

Everyone is told you have a chance to compete for immediate playing time

Yep, that's why I stated that way in my post. There was some fear expressed on the board that we might not have a great shot because of who we have back, but all these kids are told they well most definitely be able to compete for the starting spot

Reactions: 007
It sounds and feels like we are trending here. I will admit, not liking the potential handler issues...JB and staff have seemed to have a much shorter tolerance for those types of recruitment's lately, which I believe has resulted in us not getting some of these higher rated guys...along with other factors. Like this guys measurable's and athleticism. The rest he can learn in game or with time.

Yea it's a little worrisome with the talk of his handler/mentor...but I'm thinking UK guys might be blowing that up a bit and turning their nose up at the kid now that hes out of the equation. Wasnt crazy about the LSU part and I did hear he have them a silent verbal but then the 7ft Putnam kid committed before him. Not sure if that was LSU parting ways with Frank or if it was a first come gets the spot situation and Frank wasnt quick enough on actually committing. Its been a strange recruitment the last few weeks especially once he just dropped 2 of his final 3 schools he had and started all over with another top 6. JB doesnt mess around with the nonsense though so if hes seriously considering us then that's a good sign.

I don't see how this kid helps us this year. JB has been notoriously untrustworthy with freshman bigs that have been top 50 players, let alone a fringe 4 star.
Pretty solid rim protector and much more mobile/athletic then what we have. Could provide valuable minutes on defense. Offense is a work in progress. Kid runs the court well and you know how mad JB gets at Bourama for not covering the corner 3. This kid seems a bit quicker of a athlete. Long wingspan and good size already for a freshman. Wont set the world on fire but I think he can certainly help.

Also maybe they dont feel too great about our 2021 prospects and like the idea of a sophomore Frank and try to get Donovan for 2022? Idk just a thought.

I agree, I think the chances he helps this year at any substantive level is pretty low. I do think hes a nice looking prospect for our system a few years out, but I'm with you, he probably wont help our chances next year the way a grad transfer would likely have.

Pretty solid rim protector and much more mobile/athletic then what we have. Could provide valuable minutes on defense. Offense is a work in progress. Kid runs the court well and you know how mad JB gets at Bourama for not covering the corner 3. This kid seems a bit quicker of a athlete. Long wingspan and good size already for a freshman. Wont set the world on fire but I think he can certainly help.
Plus both Sidibe and Marek are seniors. So going into 2021-2022 with Edwards, JBA and a potential freshmen is worse than what we had at center this year.

I hope Both JBA and Edwards develop nicely next year, but we would all sleep better with one more in the chamber...

Cal never promises playing time. Hence why Khalil Whitney left.
He especially wouldn’t promise playing time to Frank Anselem.

So if Frank was ok with competing for playing time at UK I don’t think competing for us would bother him.

We have no clear cut number one Center. Frank could absolutely come in and take some playing time.

I’m just hoping for a win here, really tired of losing out on all these recruits we go after.

Agreed. There must be some 6'11" juggernaut who averaged 5 and 3 in the MEAC last year looking to transfer who can step in and help immediately.

Last edited:
IF the 2 main schools hes considering right now are SH and Cuse then this would certainly help us out if this happens today.

I wonder if Seton hall acceptef that commitment because they know what's coming with Frank.

I wonder if Seton hall except that commitment because they know what's coming with Frank.
I've read it's a first come basis. They need to fill their last spot and they like this kid as well.

On the UK forum from a Arkansas fan. So they only have one spot left right now as well but are holding out hope that Isaiah Joe returns instead of heading to the NBA?

"From reading what one of our recruiting writers said this morning it doesn't sound like we'll take Anselem though, if Isaiah Joe comes back we have no more spots left. Sometimes it seems like we just like being listed on every single transfer just for the exposure lol."

More info on Arkansas. If ngandu picks SH then its shaping up to be cuse/wku

Screenshot_20200508-140630_Chrome.jpg

I think we have been one of the main schools he was considering once he opened things back up. Things just appear to he unfolding a certain way that seems like it helps us out. Kid probably already knows where he wants to go right now based off the list he has remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom