Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what you write. Three grad transfers who recently became available and the local kid who blew up over a 2 week time frame. None of those four were available two months ago and at the same time we had three transfers going out so now we have something to offer.
I realize they recently just became available, but my point was/is that we have not offered any of the other big men in the 2020 class, who were available over the last year or so other than Isaiah and maybe 1-2 others. Now we were scrambling and panicking and going hard after everyone. My question is, how did we not know what we had? We've had the same 3 centers for an entire year. JB can coach, he just needs players, and our assistants are not recruiting.

I realize they recently just became available, but my point was/is that we have not offered any of the other big men in the 2020 class, who were available over the last year or so other than Isaiah and maybe 1-2 others. Now we were scrambling and panicking and going hard after everyone. My question is, how did we not know what we had? We've had the same 3 centers for an entire year. JB can coach, he just needs players, and our assistants are not recruiting.
JB typically does not officially offers until the scholarship(s) are available, I don't believe anyone here really knows what is going on behind the scenes.

JB typically does not officially offers until the scholarship(s) are available, I don't believe anyone here really knows what is going on behind the scenes.
Could be true, but Syracuse.com, said we offered the local kid who committed to FSU. I also know we offered Isaiah and Tape. The others were perhaps interest only, but we are expressing a lot of interest.

Okay, I will say they are trying, but they are not getting it done. We need a recruiting guru like Hopkins or Weaver. We are back to the days of Louis Orr, and that was not good.

Yet somehow random Twitter blogs are throwing us out there as paying players like we’re Duke, Kansas, Kentucky or something lol.

Could be true, but Syracuse.com, said we offered the local kid who committed to FSU. I also know we offered Isaiah and Tape. The others were perhaps interest only, but we are expressing a lot of interest.
Those were after schollies had freed up. For example we recruited Tape all year but didn't officially offer until after the schollies were available.

Yes because we now have scholarships to offer so the staff sees we can upgrade on the transfer market. Pretty common practice.

Now that the semester is over are the players leaving gone from the team, the school and their scholarships? If so how many openings does the program have ?

The fourth center is a luxury, not a necessity. We’ll be fine without him. With him, a number options open up: Dolezaj plays forward full time, Edwards could redshirt, Anselem might be our best option to back up and eventually replace Sidibe, and we won’t need to recruit a center in 2021.

This is a pivot. It wasn’t the plan all along.

This thread needs me (insert crying emoji) to keep it on track with random Frank Anselem info that's more then likely absolutely meaningless (insert another crying emoji) :)

The fourth center is a luxury, not a necessity. We’ll be fine without him. With him, a number options open up: Dolezaj plays forward full time, Edwards could redshirt, Anselem might be our best option to back up and eventually replace Sidibe, and we won’t need to recruit a center in 2021.

This is spot on. I'll add (like I've said and many have before me) that I think our staff doesnt feel very confident in some of the bigs they invested most of their time into for the 2021 class. Us landing Frank would be great and then we could put our total focus on getting big man Donovan to come in with Dior in 2022.

Now that the semester is over are the players leaving gone from the team, the school and their scholarships? If so how many openings does the program have ?
giphy.gif

Well, Frank Anselem is a recent switch from 2021 to 2020. Syracuse will need a center/power forward to replace Bourama/Marek after they graduate next season.
Syracuse reportedly seemed to be going after 3 centers from that class (Kepnang, Hutchins-Everett and Ettienne). Perhaps there was a fourth they were talking to (Anselem). Maybe they were on an equal Playing field and Syracuse is trying hard to get one. Ettienne does not seem to returning the love Syracuse has shown. We are not hearing much about the other two. So it makes sense to try for Anselem regardless of the class.

we will see how this plays out with him pretty soon.

Last edited:
Well, Frank Anselem is a recent switch from 2021 to 2020. Syracuse will need a center/power forward to replace Bourama/Marek after they graduate next season.
Syracuse reportedly seemed to be going after 3 centers from that class (KePenang, Hutchins-Everett and Ettienne). Perhaps there was a fourth they were talking to (Anselem). Maybe they were on an equal Playing field and Syracuse is trying hard to get one. Ettienne does not seem to returning the love Syracuse has shown. We are not hearing much about the other two. So it makes sense to try for Anselem regardless of the class.

No need to replace Sidibe with Anselem already in the fold. Three young centers are a lot. There will be a greater need at forward.

Syracuse reportedly seemed to be going after 3 centers from that class (KePenang, Hutchins-Everett and Ettienne). Perhaps there was a fourth they were talking to (Anselem). Maybe they were on an equal Playing field and Syracuse is trying hard to get one. Ettienne does not seem to returning the love Syracuse has shown. We are not hearing much about the other two. So it makes sense to try for Anselem regardless of the class.

Important to note (and you did) that red has been recruiting anselem for quite some time even though there hasnt been much talk previously about him until all of this reclass stuff the past month or so. So hes always been on our radar and has had interest from our staff. This wasnt a out of the blue kid we got involved with...things just have happened that seem to be pushing him our way. Let's hope that trend continues and we land him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom