Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

to my point we are barely mentioned here
Neither is Illinois lol who cares. This kid has a new article like this once a week with different schools mentioned each time. He’s enjoying the process.

Programs are chasing him right now and from what I hear, Syracuse still feeling good. He wants to see how our bigs develop which would give him an idea on playing time etc. that’s the most important thing to him. Playing with Dior and crew is a huge deal as well but playing time is top priority. Still putting this as 80%.

Programs are chasing him right now and from what I hear, Syracuse still feeling good. He wants to see how our bigs develop which would give him an idea on playing time etc. that’s the most important thing to him. Playing with Dior and crew is a huge deal as well but playing time is top priority. Still putting this as 80%.
mccallister's article from a few weeks back relied heavily on an interview with micawber's aau coach. if he is as in tune with this recruitment as he presents himself, then priority number 1 for micawber is going to be playing time, and his camp is concerned with syracuse's depth at his position. the only way i could be 80% about syracuse's position is if i was 80% that all three of edwards/jba/frankie are going to prove insufficient.

and i am not.

I'd think "waiting to see how our bigs develop" in order to gage playing time, sounds like a losing proposition IMO. We now have good depth at the 5 position, something we couldn't say even a couple of months ago. Now you're looking at 3-deep, and if our coaching staff is worth a damn, one and probably 2 of those will likely pan out.
Not saying it won't happen, but this isn't an Olajuwon we're talking about here- he's likely gonna sit a bunch, at least in that first year.

Last edited:
Some solid quality video here. As in some of the other video we’ve seen, he is clearly one of the biggest kids on the court so you wonder about the competition, although the other team had a BC commit. But there is no denying his athleticism and motor. More notably to me he showed some real finish in the post, with good use of his pivot foot and some other low post moves. He’s better offensively then I had heard.
This is the kind of active big we’ve been lacking. He really explodes off the floor.

OK, so the “dunk over everybody all the time” vibe reminds me of a cross between Hak & Etan.

And honestly, if that’s all he ever does in our system (dunk on dudes on the regular) he’d still be an amazing get for us.
That’s not fair, Hak had some sick low post moves and improved his j. Etan likewise became a very good low post player with both hands. Don’t diss our legends!

That’s not fair, Hak had some sick low post moves and improved his j. Etan likewise became a very good low post player with both hands. Don’t diss our legends!

You completely misread what I said.

What I meant was - IF he never progressed beyond just dunking on dudes - (which Hak & Etan most certainly did) - he’d still be a great get for us.

Who was our last player who jammed on dudes whenever the opportunity arose?
I’d say Jerami.

It’s been frustrating watching guys like Chewie, OSB, CDB, etc trying all kinds of finesse moves near the rim, rather than just.
dunk. the. damn. ball. in. some. dude’s. grill.

You completely misread what I said.

What I meant was - IF he never progressed beyond just dunking on dudes - (which Hak & Etan most certainly did) - he’d still be a great get for us.

Who was our last player who jammed on dudes whenever the opportunity arose?
I’d say Jerami.

It’s been frustrating watching guys like Chewie, OSB, CDB, etc trying all kinds of finesse moves near the rim, rather than just.
dunk. the. damn. ball. in. some. dude’s. grill.
Marek isn't afraid to cram it in faces.
Hak was def my favorite Orange dunker. He could jump straight up vertically 10 feet away and somehow throw it down.

Rony Seikaly tried to dunk on everybody. Love that aggressiveness from the C position.
Good highlights but they missed his best one..
IMG_20200722_194154560.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors