Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening. Everyone can stop caring now unfortunately. Tough loss but Mac’s camp (not Mac) has other ideas. And there shouldn’t be one comment about “staff not closing” here because this was absolutely not the case. Staff busted their butts to get him but sometimes certain people around a player think they know better
Honestly thought this was always the case but ldavid was fairly confident it was a done deal...

So the question is, who do we pivot to? Or do we just pass on the rest of ‘21 and focus on ‘22 even more?
I think we go into 2021 with JBA/Frank/Edwards and maybe look into the grad transfer market. Clingan is out there for 2022 but that’s gonna be a long battle.

don’t sweat it. We got 3 underclass guys who can play the 5. Chances are at least 1 of them pans out. Also remember that sometimes recruits pop out of nowhere (like Frank).

also don’t discount the Dior effect In 2022 - if it’s not a freshman I’m almost positive a grad transfer would love to play on that team.

mac isn’t happening and I wouldn’t bet on Clingan - but we will be fine

Bulldog you hearing anything on how big frank is looking so far? Still expecting very little from him this season?

If this was just mac deciding, he would be cuse and it was that way for a long time
These are the posts that always bug me.
It’s one thing if parents are telling their kids “slow down, explore all options and make sure it’s the right choice” but when the conversation steers to things like “but this school will be better for your ‘brand’” that I get annoyed. FTR I have no idea if that’s the type of conversation that bulldog is talking about, but it just feels like it could be and that has me annoyed

These handlers are a cancer to the sport

My question (regarding handlers) has always been what do they expect to get in return if the kid actually hits it big?

if the kid gets a $200,000 bag, what’s their take? If he makes it to the NBA what type of money are they expecting the kid to turn around and hand them?

To be clear I’m not saying Macs looking for a bag, getting a bag or that his handlers are trying to get him one. I’m just throwing it out there as a general question.

JBA is going to surprise people.

JBA is going to surprise people.
1d3.png

Not happening. Everyone can stop caring now unfortunately. Tough loss but Mac’s camp (not Mac) has other ideas. And there shouldn’t be one comment about “staff not closing” here because this was absolutely not the case. Staff busted their butts to get him but sometimes certain people around a player think they know better
Hopefully he can change their minds.

Yeah, getting John Gillon & Uncle Drew as 10th and 12th hour fill-Ins was the totes worst thing that’s ever happened to this hoops program. :rolleyes:

Again, I’ll say it - just imagine how bad that team woulda been WITHOUT them.

Answer - it surely would have been JB’s first losing season ever.

So - Due to his waiver being approved, Alan Griffin is effectively like a grad Transfer this year.

You got a beef with him too?

Well, if it is true tht he (or his camp) are not considering Syracuse any more, maybe we should put more time on Arthur Kaluma or put more time on prospects like Kuel Mading (very thin but talented).

Yeah, getting John Gillon & Uncle Drew as 10th and 12th hour fill-Ins was the totes worst thing that’s ever happened to this hoops program. :rolleyes:

So - Due to his waiver being approved, Alan Griffin is effectively like a grad Transfer this year.

I am all in in getting a quality grad transfer any time we can. So is every other school in the country.

griff is a normal transfer
you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts

If this was just mac deciding, he would be cuse and it was that way for a long time
This news blows.

What happened to our big man recruiting ? We used to get top 50-top 100 big men pretty regularly. It's strange that we've fallen off a bit. That said, I really like the long-term potential of Jesse Edwards and Frank Anselem.

Last edited:
This news blows.

What happened to our big man recruiting ? We used to get top 50-top 100 big men pretty regularly. It's strange that we've fallen off a bit. That said, I really like the long-term potential of Jesse Edwards and Frank Anselem,
Anyone who has watched us since Rak left - it’s clear we rarely utilize our 5 offensively. Now, you could make an argument that it’s a chicken or the egg situation- have we not utilized them because we haven’t had the right guy? If that’s true, what does it say about our big men development? This is where Hop is missed too.

Sidibe really made strides at the end of last year which we need to carry over to this year.

it’s easy to see why a guard would want to play here - JB gives a lot of offensive freedom and we could point to a lot of our guards having success here and being drafted.

Rak was terrific is senior year; Fab had his moments; AO/Rick had a lot of success. But most juniors in HS were 6 when AO/Rick were, it doesn’t exactly resonate with them unfortunately. Since Hop left, we don’t really have a big man we can point to that got tremendously better in his time here; which is why I think Sidibe having a big senior year is crucial. To be able to sit a kid down and explain how we will utilize him is easier if you have proof of doing it with someone else recently

Insiders say to forget Big Mac. It will be a shame if they are right. Thought that he was interested in playing with Benny and Dior (among other recruits but the only ones that are committed at this time).. Not doubting the insiders but hope things change. I could see bringing the height, strength and aggressiveness to the Power Forward position that we have not had since Derrick Coleman.

Insiders say to forget Big Mac. It will be a shame if they are right. Thought that he was interested in playing with Benny and Dior (among other recruits but the only ones that are committed at this time).. Not doubting the insiders but hope things change. I could see bringing the height, strength and aggressiveness to the Power Forward position that we have not had since Derrick Coleman.
I know this board is very protective of the insiders but let me ask this question and i'm not trying to be a jerk. How reliable have our insiders been? Again I'm not trying to be a jerk and have people say this is why insiders don't post more. I just want to know how much stock to put in their comments because I'll be disappointed if we don't get Mac. What is the insiders' track record? More directly who on this board has a track record of being right? I do recall someone nailing their Benny prediction.
I know I've seen insider posts saying that we have a great shot at Mac and others saying no chance. Which of these posters has been right in the past?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors