Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this board is very protective of the insiders but let me ask this question and i'm not trying to be a jerk. How reliable have our insiders been? Again I'm not trying to be a jerk and have people say this is why insiders don't post more. I just want to know how much stock to put in their comments because I'll be disappointed if we don't get Mac. What is the insiders' track record? More directly who on this board has a track record of being right? I do recall someone nailing their Benny prediction.
I know I've seen insider posts saying that we have a great shot at Mac and others saying no chance. Which of these posters has been right in the past?
Thanks in advance.

There really isn't a way to answer this question without calling out certain posters. Insiders share their information when they get it, meaning that it can change, meaning that saying their information was "wrong" would be a misnomer. Trying to go back and grade or rate our insider's information is a sure fire way to chase them away, as we have done over and over.

We had insiders say we had a good chance with him and then we had an insider explain why that has changed. That doesn't mean the other insiders were wrong at the time.

Bottom line is you personally need to read the information and decide for yourself what poster's opinions you want to put stock into. Any more than that and we get into shooting the messenger.

There really isn't a way to answer this question without calling out certain posters. Insiders share their information when they get it, meaning that it can change, meaning that saying their information was "wrong" would be a misnomer. Trying to go back and grade or rate our insider's information is a sure fire way to chase them away, as we have done over and over.

We had insiders say we had a good chance with him and then we had an insider explain why that has changed. That doesn't mean the other insiders were wrong at the time.

Bottom line is you personally need to read the information and decide for yourself what poster's opinions you want to put stock into. Any more than that and we get into shooting the messenger.

Just want to point out how well this is stated.

over time it becomes clear which guys have real connections and which guys have flimsier contacts that are not as updated as the closest contacts are. The other thing to know is that all of this is dependent on the teenagers (who’s minds change at the drop of a hat) telling a school/coaches the full truth. If a kid tells a coach he’s really close to committing, then that info trickles to an insider and it comes here, then we all get excited. Then two days later the kid commits elsewhere, the board insider looks like he made something up and in reality a coach believed what a kid said, who either lied straight up or had his entire mind changed virtually overnight.

trust in board insiders is the take away here at your own risk. as a non connected person I always take it with a grain of salt. At worst I got my hopes up for some exciting news and at best I knew something awesome earlier.

I know this board is very protective of the insiders but let me ask this question and i'm not trying to be a jerk. How reliable have our insiders been? Again I'm not trying to be a jerk and have people say this is why insiders don't post more. I just want to know how much stock to put in their comments because I'll be disappointed if we don't get Mac. What is the insiders' track record? More directly who on this board has a track record of being right? I do recall someone nailing their Benny prediction.
I know I've seen insider posts saying that we have a great shot at Mac and others saying no chance. Which of these posters has been right in the past?
Thanks in advance.

I’ll show myself out if you don’t want inside information. My patience is running thin with the board and comments like this as it is. Theres a reason why I post about 1% of what I know. Nothing is ever good enough and then to get credibility questioned ? Cmon man, whether this is directed at me or not. No one is closer than me to recruiting with sources. I’ll invite you to dinner next time u wanna know who they are

Thanks in advance.
Bulldog is totally reliable. That's been proven. That said, as everyone always says on here, recruiting is extremely fluid. So who knows? Things could change again with Mac. But that doesn't mean the current info is wrong.

I’ll show myself out if you don’t want inside information. My patience is running thin with the board and comments like this as it is. Theres a reason why I post about 1% of what I know. Nothing is ever good enough and then to get credibility questioned ? Cmon man, whether this is directed at me or not. No one is closer than me to recruiting with sources. I’ll invite you to dinner next time u wanna know who they are
Hey bulldog ill try again...have you been hearing anything on how frank looks so far?

Just want to point out how well this is stated.

over time it becomes clear which guys have real connections and which guys have flimsier contacts that are not as updated as the closest contacts are. The other thing to know is that all of this is dependent on the teenagers (who’s minds change at the drop of a hat) telling a school/coaches the full truth. If a kid tells a coach he’s really close to committing, then that info trickles to an insider and it comes here, then we all get excited. Then two days later the kid commits elsewhere, the board insider looks like he made something up and in reality a coach believed what a kid said, who either lied straight up or had his entire mind changed virtually overnight.

trust in board insiders is the take away here at your own risk. as a non connected person I always take it with a grain of salt. At worst I got my hopes up for some exciting news and at best I knew something awesome earlier.
Most of our insiders are pretty reliable although recruiting changes all the time. Bulldog could be 100 Oct right at the moment and the kid changes his mind.

Can i get in on this dinner? Times are hard out here and a guys gotta eat

Bulldog, I am not questioning your information. I find yours and other insider information very reliable. That said, I can hope for a different outcome. As said, things change quickly. I thank you for your information as always.

How you can take offense to an innocuous post like this is beyond me. Lighten up and don’t take yourself so seriously.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that anyone spending time in this thread appreciates Bulldog's info and other posters who have inside knowledge they're willing to share. It's often just one or two guys who spoil the milk because they don't get that just like covid, news on recruiting is a moment in time.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that anyone spending time in this thread appreciates Bulldog's info and other posters who have inside knowledge they're willing to share. It's often just one or two guys who spoil the milk because they don't get that just like covid, news on recruiting is a moment in time.
And why so many who have information to share have been chased off by the idiots.

Believe it or don't. But the information-shaming is stupid as hell.

Even better - WHAT ARE YOUR SOURCES? Well, genius, if I tell you, they won't be sources anymore. :rolleyes:

yeah we gotta stop questioning people if you don’t believe them then just don’t. It’s not gonna kill you. With that being said yikes at the fact people are worked up over this who cares. Everyone just move on.

yeah we gotta stop questioning people if you don’t believe them then just don’t. It’s not gonna kill you. With that being said yikes at the fact people are worked up over this who cares. Everyone just move on.
Go through this same damn thing here once a month. How about if you question someone, personally hit them up then we don’t have to deal with this stupidity from both sides filling the threads.

While I can’t add to what Bulldog said, I do know that Mac wanted to come here big time. I wasn’t aware of the handlers’ influence on Mac. My source indicated that we were his top choice this entire time.

I hope you can practice some patience and tolerance, Bulldog. Most of us understand that what you bring to the table is true, at the time it was told to you, but also that it is fluid, given the nature of the recruiting landscape and the attention span of some young men.
Brush aside the criticism, as it comes from years of frustration with recruiting.

eh, anyone here with any sense values what you provide - screw the rest of 'em

I can attest to this as well. Toxic environment here regarding sources and scoops. Remember johnsyracuse? I was warned before coming here, not by him but others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom