Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. There will be 2 new prospects that will pop up for22 and 23 as well. Be on the lookout

tenor.gif

Attachments

• 1598889974965.png
    1598889974965.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 131
they are out. 100 pct.

As much as you are willing to divulge, is it a matter of bodies at his position (as unproven as they are), or is there a nefarious angle someone in his camp is seeking to exploit?

Ahhh...the "guy." I think that might have been the last time that I truly LMAO at the hilarity that this forum sometimes provides. His interaction with Jarhead at one point was epic.
Epic indeed. I miss the endless pics of himself in ‘Cuse gear flashing the “west side” hand sign. Too much swag :cool:

they are out. 100 pct.

Reading this [and between the lines] conjures memories of what went down with Stephon Marbury and Anthony Davis -- the last two times I can remember us being 100% in and reportedly the favorites only to pivot and quickly be 100% out.

Last edited:
Reading this [and between the lines] conjures memories of what went down with Stephon Marbury and Anthony Davis -- the last two times I can remember us being 100% in and reportedly the favorites only to pivot and quickly be 100% out.
The recent Marbury doc touched on it - his family wanted Cuse but Cremins showed up in a private plane and “put players in the NBA” so Steph decided on GaTech

Yeah, that's true. Although this one doesn't have the same kind of sting to it. It sucks but that's about all. There are some misses that you remember years later - this isn't one of those, at least for me. No offense intended to Mac.

The recent Marbury doc touched on it - his family wanted Cuse but Cremins showed up in a private plane and “put players in the NBA” so Steph decided on GaTech

That might be true, but I think there was more to the story [with both Marbury's and Davis's handlers]...

That might be true, but I think there was more to the $tory [with both Marbury'$ and Davi$'$ handler$]...

FIFY.

Those were both a bummer, but the real nut-punch was Kenny Anderson.

He's even said fairly recently that he wanted to go to Syracuse and wishes he had.
But - they showed up with a bag, and then some, so he went to GaTech instead.

Imagine that '89-90 team with Anderson instead of Michael Edwards (or Stevie) at PG...
Seniors DC and Stevie, Soph Billy O., Jr LeRon Ellis, and Soph Dave Johnson.

That team would have been stupidly great.

FIFY.

Those were both a bummer, but the real nut-punch was Kenny Anderson.

He's even said fairly recently that he wanted to go to Syracuse and wishes he had.
But - they showed up with a bag, and then some, so he went to GaTech instead.

Imagine that '89-90 team with Anderson instead of Michael Edwards (or Stevie) at PG...
Seniors DC and Stevie, Soph Billy O., Jr LeRon Ellis, and Soph Dave Johnson.

That team would have been stupidly great.

Ugh...

The ONE THING that otherwise completely loaded, talented, deep, and experienced team lacked was a strong lead guard. Adding a talent like Kenny Anderson to the mix would have changed everything.

And BTW, when you think back about how things worked out over the years, it is crazy that JB doesn't have another title. Crazy shot to lose game against Indiana, losing Kenny Anderson to an enormous bag, losing Anthony Davis [imagine him on that awesome 2012 team] to a bag, Arinze's freak injury when we were ranked #1, etc.

Really a shame.

And BTW, when you think back about how things worked out over the years, it is crazy that JB doesn't have another title. Crazy shot to lose game against Indiana, losing Kenny Anderson to an enormous bag, losing Anthony Davis [imagine him on that awesome 2012 team] to a bag, Arinze's freak injury when we were ranked #1, etc.

Really a shame.

It's sick to think just how good that '11-12 team would have been with Davis on it. My god. I distinctly remember Vitale saying that Cuse would not lose a game that year (ironically, I think he may have said that during the game right before the loss at ND...granted that was the first game Fab was out). Add Davis on top of that roster? Yikes.

I beat a buddy at a long night home poker game ( not quarters-dollars) on the last hand of the night and biggest pot with my straight flush over his 4 of a kind. Talk about rocking someone’s world. But I wish Mac well but have no expectations here.

I am all in in getting a quality grad transfer any time we can. So is every other school in the country.
plugging a guy who has spent 4 years playing m2m defense into an m2m scheme is easy for every other school in the country, not so much for a school that plays a idiosyncratic & intricate zone schemes

but regardless; my post was mostly referring to people blithely talking about the grad transfer "market," as if it is as simple as going to the correct aisle at costco. same thing with the juco "market," as if annually there are plug and play guys that you can just pick off a shelf.

We’ve had misses over time but none were as devestating or terrible as Kenny or AD. Both crushing in that we did everything...and they were game changers

plugging a guy who has spent 4 years playing m2m defense into an m2m scheme is easy for every other school in the country, not so much for a school that plays a idiosyncratic & intricate zone schemes

but regardless; my post was mostly referring to people blithely talking about the grad transfer "market," as if it is as simple as going to the correct aisle at costco. same thing with the juco "market," as if annually there are plug and play guys that you can just pick off a shelf.
People do the same thing with recruiting high school kids. We need a 7 foot center. What store do we go to get one. I hope we never need a 5th year grad guy. But I'm sure not against taking one when we do.

Ugh...

The ONE THING that otherwise completely loaded, talented, deep, and experienced team lacked was a strong lead guard. Adding a talent like Kenny Anderson to the mix would have changed everything.

Really a shame.
Sims temporary injury vs Kentucky

Wow, what a nice turn for the worst that we took in this thread. Thanks dudes, for the great memories about what could have been - now I have a reason to drink a couple more tonight. :)

I’ll show myself out if you don’t want inside information. My patience is running thin with the board and comments like this as it is. Theres a reason why I post about 1% of what I know. Nothing is ever good enough and then to get credibility questioned ? Cmon man, whether this is directed at me or not. No one is closer than me to recruiting with sources. I’ll invite you to dinner next time u wanna know who they are

To be fair. You were the one that said Westry was likely to commit the weekend he visited with Dior after he committed. I think that was the weekend of the duke game. Just saying I appreciate the info and inside but when your wrong have to acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom