Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac would have committed long before Benny around the time he visited during the Duke game. I think he re-evaluated some things Since then and wants playing time priority #1. He wants to see how things shake out this year. Maybe ajak or Edwards don’t develop as expected or Frank isn’t ready for prime time.
Agreed with most of what you said. That being said a player of Mac’s caliber isn’t worried about competition, he’s going to play almost anywhere he goes. Also, I think Mac and Frank can place together. In my opinion and I believe the coaches view them both as being versatile enough to play the 4 and the 5.

I think Ajak will always be a great rotational player here. Think Keita not in terms of skill set but his role here. Will most likely never be a star here but will be a great role player for us. If we end up with both Frank and Mac I think Jesse transfers. I think he would be a solid backup option at center here but with Frank and possibly Mac coming here, he’ll need to take some MAJOR leaps to get significant minutes.

Man im going to have to eat some crow if we land this dude! (And I'll be VERY happy to do so!) Benny and Mac for 21 would be a grand slam. Hope he pulls the trigger soon but sounds like he wants to wait to watch how the season goes and how guys play...not sure I like that but guess we'll see.

mac coming in at 64 in the new espn rankings. Benny at 50.
20200609_091138.jpg

Man im going to have to eat some crow if we land this dude! (And I'll be VERY happy to do so!) Benny and Mac for 21 would be a grand slam. Hope he pulls the trigger soon but sounds like he wants to wait to watch how the season goes and how guys play...not sure I like that but guess we'll see.
I’ll be eating the most crow lol

Why is there so much discussion of Andre Jackson in a Mac Etienne thread?
Exactly! Could care less about Jackson or UCon at this point. Give Hurley credit where it’s due for closing on some good players. He’s building his team and whatnot, but overall I’ll stay focused on what we have here w/ us, rather than on the past or future of the friggin Mutts.

My person said this morning that Syracuse is in fact the front runner “by a mile” if Mac stays in 2021. We’ll see how that plays out. Mac still looking at 2020 for playing time. JB needs to close here (As does Dior).
The moving pieces should be almost done for 2020 around the country, not sure what he’d be waiting for in 2020

My person said this morning that Syracuse is in fact the front runner “by a mile” if Mac stays in 2021. We’ll see how that plays out. Mac still looking at 2020 for playing time. JB needs to close here (As does Dior).
Man, if I were on the verge of making this choice and was not being pushed one way or the other due to economic need or some family variable, I definitely stay in 2021.

So many uncertainties for an earlier class at this point ranging from having the season start late, get cut short and not even being able to have the full college experience...

SUOrange44

Man, if I were on the verge of making this choice and was not being pushed one way or the other due to economic need or some family variable, I definitely stay in 2021.

So many uncertainties for an earlier class at this point ranging from having the season start late, get cut short and not even being able to have the full college experience...

SUOrange44
Think of all the HS JR/SR who may not get a chance to have a huge break out year - EYBL already cancelled. It may not effect Mac, but it could make him more attractive to other schools if there’s less “for sure” bigs in 2021 due to no HS season

Think of all the HS JR/SR who may not get a chance to have a huge break out year - EYBL already cancelled. It may not effect Mac, but it could make him more attractive to other schools if there’s less “for sure” bigs in 2021 due to no HS season
Right...Sorry. I meant Mac and other players who have already cemented their status.

The other thing that came to mind as a factor would be the NBA’s willingness to keep the one and done rule as some in the League may have seen earnings impacted already and do not want to further worry about kids straight from high school snagging roster spots in the near term.

SUOrange44

The moving pieces should be almost done for 2020 around the country, not sure what he’d be waiting for in 2020

Academic qualification approval?

Don’t worry Dior occasionally takes off then puts back “Syracuse commit” on his Twitter... no reason to overreact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom