Class of 2020 - C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue

I’ll put it in here, because we were talking about him going to UK
They will definitely pursue him very hard. I hate them. And Duke. Have a feeling they will snag him like they did Nate Sestina last year. Hopefully he will see how he fits in our system and maybe the jesse Edwards connection could actually help even though they play the same position. Idk but I'm glad we are giving it a shot and that's all you can ask for out of our staff. They have been tremendous in my opinion. Especially considering JBs remarks a few weeks ago about being set with the roster lol. JB being JB.

I thought Tape was a good player, stated he would be a luxury for us. Obviously a little bummed out he went to Duke and the way his recruitment played out.

That being said Haarms would be great here. I’m not just saying this to say it with my orange colored glasses on but he would be a better get than Tape. This dude is 7-3, a bruiser that can protect the rim. He would be the PERFECT fit here.

Just think of the intensity this team would bring. JG3, Griffin, Quincy and time some extent Marek are known for their intensity and passion. Adding Haarms would be awesome. (I’m sure all our players are passionate some just hide it better than others lol)

If Griffin is deemed eligible this season how about the lineup of

JG3
Buddy
Griffin
Marek
Haarms

That’s a very solid starting 5 and we would have a hell of a bench.

There was some intimation in another thread that we have a "high school" guard lined up ready to sign. Unsure where we are on that.

not a guard... but what percent are we thinking griffingets waiver? Cause Ziaire is available

I thought Tape was a good player, stated he would be a luxury for us. Obviously a little bummed out he went to Duke and the way his recruitment played out.

That being said Haarms would be great here. I’m not just saying this to say it with my orange colored glasses on but he would be a better get than Tape. This dude is 7-3, a bruiser that can protect the rim. He would be the PERFECT fit here.

Just think of the intensity this team would bring. JG3, Griffin, Quincy and time some extent Marek are known for their intensity and passion. Adding Haarms would be awesome. (I’m sure all our players are passionate some just hide it better than others lol)

If Griffin is deemed eligible this season how about the lineup of

JG3
Buddy
Griffin
Marek
Haarms

That’s a very solid starting 5 and we would have a hell of a bench.
Line-up
V 2.3
Joe
Bud
Griff
Marek
Edwards

I think a lot of the posters on here don’t really understand how good Haarms is. The kid runs like a gazelle and has a lot of the same Volleyball timing and jump Tyler Lydon had, just in a much larger frame.

purdue saw haams their Isaac Haas replacement, just more nimble.

patrick tape is about 1/2 the player. They shouldnt even be compared.

Last edited:
Has he committed yet?

1586225630743.gif

They will definitely pursue him very hard. I hate them. And Duke. Have a feeling they will snag him like they did Nate Sestina last year. Hopefully he will see how he fits in our system and maybe the jesse Edwards connection could actually help even though they play the same position. Idk but I'm glad we are giving it a shot and that's all you can ask for out of our staff. They have been tremendous in my opinion. Especially considering JBs remarks a few weeks ago about being set with the roster lol. JB being JB.
Duke does not have an opening unless another current player (maybe Tape) leaves.

I think a lot of the posters on here don’t really understand how good Haarms is. The kid runs like a gazelle and has a lot of the same Volleyball timing and jump Tyler Lydon had, just in a much larger frame.

purdue saw himas their Isaac Haas replacement, just more nimble.

patrick tape is about 1/2 the player. They shouldnt even be compared.
No question give me the guy that competed against the toughest competition in the country. Not against future doctors and senators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom