Class of 2020 - C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be games that the backup center plays a lot of minutes and will be the deciding factor in whether team wins or loses those games. It happens every year.

giphy (2).gif

Excellent summary of the visit by Mike Waters at Syracuse.com.

No additional visits scheduled.

"Roriston (Hima's guardian) said much of the Syracuse coaches’ pitch to Hima centered on academics. That went over well as Hima sports a 3.7 grade point average. “They did a great job on the visit,’' Roriston said. “It was very eye-opening.’'

What's not to like? High character, strong academics, hard worker, athletic, 6'11" 240 lbs.

Look who the new coach is. It could be a hot destination for their recruiting. Hopefully not in regards to our center recruit.
I can find nothing about a Seaton Hall trip. Source?

Why is everyone surprised? We are not Duke, Kansas, or Gonzaga. We are not who we think we are. We are a team on a downtrend with a coach who could retire at any moment and probably should sooner than later.
Getting guys like this should be expected. We aren’t winning any recruiting battles for top guys. Just not happening at this stage.

The first step to fixing the problem is realizing that we have a problem. We have to be realistic of where we are currently.

Put yourself in a recruits shoes. Why would you want to play at Syracuse over the blue bloods of the world. I can go play in a very cold environment with a coach who may or may not run me over with the bus at his pressers. Also may or may not make he tournament.
Or I can go get some serious NIL money and play NBA style defense with a good chance of getting drafted after my teams success season. Not have to worry about the the coach belittling me to the press.

Don’t put Gonzaga in there. Jeez. They’ve been elite for 2 years. Let’s not go overboard here. Syracuse is a better program then Gonzaga

All of these responses are glossing over the fact that this kid wasn't even a full-time starter on a 6-24 team last year.

5-10 minutes per game can win or lose you a game. Will this kid matter much? Who knows. But do you believe that Jesse Edwards will stay out of foul trouble in every game of the year? I don't.

Go out and find a 6-9 forward who can be versatile enough to play center for the 5-10 minutes you might need him to. Have Carey be the 3rd emergency guy.

This kid also has 3 years left. Boeheim doesn't care about winning games this coming year. Didn't care about it last year either. That is abundantly clear.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but nothing's going to change until...

Well, you know.

At this point its whatever. If rolling with a bunch of frosh nearly explicitly as your depth and potentially wasting the best seasons of their career for Jesse and Joe by not bringing a hired third gun at F is the way to go... to ensure those frosh get to shoot their shot then it is what it is.

All of these responses are glossing over the fact that this kid wasn't even a full-time starter on a 6-24 team last year.

5-10 minutes per game can win or lose you a game. Will this kid matter much? Who knows. But do you believe that Jesse Edwards will stay out of foul trouble in every game of the year? I don't.

Go out and find a 6-9 forward who can be versatile enough to play center for the 5-10 minutes you might need him to. Have Carey be the 3rd emergency guy.

This kid also has 3 years left. Boeheim doesn't care about winning games this coming year. Didn't care about it last year either. That is abundantly clear.
Roles and needs vary. Duquesne may not have had the other pieces to play a somewhat offensively limited or developing rim protector. Their needs and expectations for position players may not translate meaningfully into ours. Sometimes even Hall of Fame coaches know what they’re looking at.

I can find nothing about a Seaton Hall trip. Source?
I thought I had seen that somewhere, my bad. That would improve our chances considerably as Seton Hall would be a viable location for him.

It'll be even funnier if we don't get this dude.

Why? Most players who go into the portal aren’t necessarily looking to sign with the best team possible. They’re looking for opportunity at an acceptable level.

It'll be even funnier if we don't get this dude.
I hope we do, but the portal is full and 50% don't get scholarships. I'd like a 4/5, but if nothing come of it we hope we have freshman unlike any other. Ones who can play in the ACC from day 1...Even the top 5 stars out of Dook mostly fail initially and sometimes totally. So yeah there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom