Class of 2020 - C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Carey makes 12 schollies.

Good point. When I was commenting above I meant Carey and not JBA so much but technically 12 schollies. He is at least a big active body in practice.

Footwork should be pretty good as a former soccer player. Reaction time and awareness is where he needs to zero in. In his minutes he sets screens and rebounds on offense that is it.

In all seriousness, awesome for him. A benchwarmer until mid-February for a really bad A10 team to an opportunity to play real minutes for one of the best programs in college hoops.

Hopefully something clicks and we have a dude.

Yeah, but - STILL wish we'd go after a proven scoring Forward who wants 1 year in the spotlight.

Relying on 4 unproven players for 100% of the Forward minutes is terrifying.
good lord - not being able to feed your children, or being in a war zone is "terrifying".
relying on 4 unproven players (3 of which were top 100 and the other was player of the year in his state) for basketball does not qualify.

good lord - not being able to feed your children, or being in a war zone is "terrifying".
relying on 4 unproven players (3 of which were top 100 and the other was player of the year in his state) for basketball does not qualify.
Give me a break. Save the lecture on semantics for the OT forum.

ACC IS ON NOTICE WE'RE CUTTIN' DOWN NETS

He won't need a ladder with this reach...

CUZVGZ4PSRDPBEI2BN5IE2LXEU.jpg

And 11 scholarship guys for a 5 on 5 practice so competition is better day in and out( and at least one injury insurance)
The biggest thing about this commitment is what this prevents, an unproven, underweight Carey being pushed under the basket for ten minutes per game while Edwards is out. Hima is big, having gained weight up to 240, and he still looks skinny to me... He could add another 20lbs without getting slower. I suspect Syracuse will change his routine to try to add quickness and explosiveness instead of weight.

The second biggest thing about Hima committing is what it will do for Edwards. Just as we didn't want Carey guarding anybody at center in the ACC next year if we could help it, we didn't want Edwards stagnating offensively because he only had pushovers to practice against. Hima probably can't guard Edwards either, but he'll be better than the injured stick figures or small forwards on our roster at present.

Hima is big and long limbed, which we were lacking. He is more of a project than I was hoping for, but the coaches clearly wanted somebody to be here for a few years, since they only really pursued Ballard and Hima, both guys with three years left. This means to me that they see Carey as a 4-5 not a center, or they see Carey as a project who will redshirt and need two additional years contributing at center before becoming a starter.

Has anyone asked the important question?

Can he cover the corner 3?
I doubt the coaches even talked about this. Don't want to scare him away before he signs.

He won't need a ladder with this reach...

CUZVGZ4PSRDPBEI2BN5IE2LXEU.jpg
His HS coach says it is 7 feet 5 inches. Another article says 7 feet 7 inches. Jesse has a 7 foot 4 inch wingspan.

When you watch the film on this kid, you can see his arm length when he goes to block shots. I like having 2, possibly 3 shot blockers on the team.

Hyperbole ... how it work? Not that I expect you know (it's a rhetorical question!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom