Class of 2020 - C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, if we’re doin this again next spring, I’m gonna lose it. I wish someone would get JB on the radio and grill him about this decision not to find an experienced forward out of the portal. What’s the GD rationale? All JB offers are lame excuses year after year now.
I hear you but nobody on local radio are gonna grill JB and question him too hard. They are walking a fine line not to rock the boat and lose the access and weekly spots with him and the assistants.

fwiw as far as I can tell, after Obiagu announced he's going pro Seton Hall currently has no centers on their roster, and none coming in as frosh - If they're legit interested in Hima and offer him seems like that would be a better destination for him for potential playing time than us
Agreed. I think this is a tough one. Plus the Hall is basically home for him.

All of these responses are glossing over the fact that this kid wasn't even a full-time starter on a 6-24 team last year.

5-10 minutes per game can win or lose you a game. Will this kid matter much? Who knows. But do you believe that Jesse Edwards will stay out of foul trouble in every game of the year? I don't.

Go out and find a 6-9 forward who can be versatile enough to play center for the 5-10 minutes you might need him to. Have Carey be the 3rd emergency guy.

This kid also has 3 years left. Boeheim doesn't care about winning games this coming year. Didn't care about it last year either. That is abundantly clear.
Based on Jesse's history the kid is going to play 10 or more minutes a game

Look who the new coach is. It could be a hot destination for their recruiting. Hopefully not in regards to our center recruit.
It will take time to establish. I'm sure Holloway would like to have an established center transfer in. He might go to the portal next season for a big fish, Hima won't be able to transfer again.

Based on Jesse's history the kid is going to play 10 or more minutes a game
Syracuse centers should only play 25 minutes, it's too demanding on them in the zone.

Why? Most players who go into the portal aren’t necessarily looking to sign with the best team possible. They’re looking for opportunity at an acceptable level.
It'll be funny because there's some anxiety about whether this guy actually solves the backup 5, but he definitely doesn't do that if he's not here.

I mean, it's not super funny. It would just be a little funny.

All of these responses are glossing over the fact that this kid wasn't even a full-time starter on a 6-24 team last year.

5-10 minutes per game can win or lose you a game. Will this kid matter much? Who knows. But do you believe that Jesse Edwards will stay out of foul trouble in every game of the year? I don't.

Go out and find a 6-9 forward who can be versatile enough to play center for the 5-10 minutes you might need him to. Have Carey be the 3rd emergency guy.

This kid also has 3 years left. Boeheim doesn't care about winning games this coming year. Didn't care about it last year either. That is abundantly clear.
No one is glossing over it…you have covered these points. Over, and over…and over. We get it.

It will be interesting to see how he does at Syracuse. I think he is a better fit for our program than Frankie.

Hope this exchange works out for everyone. Wish Frank the best in Athens.

Welcome to Syracuse Mounir!

It will be interesting to see how he does at Syracuse. I think he is a better fit for our program than Frankie.

Okay, so now we have a viable "two deep" at every position.

PG -- Symir, Mintz, Girard, Copeland
SG -- Girard, Mintz, Taylor
SF -- Taylor, Bunch
PF -- Benny, Maliq
C -- Jesse, Hima, JBA

I love the potential for this kid over the next three years. Everything screams hard working and great ambassador for the program. Congrats to all parties.

I see there's lots of differing opinions on here about this kid...I actually like this commitment. All upside and wasn't being recruited as a starter and we wouldn't get a starter type big at this time. Big body and hard worker that doesn't take up anyone's scholarship and won't scare anyone off in next yrs class...now the discussion about bringing in a 4/5 and not just rolling with the freshman and benny is valid...gotta hope the freshman are ready to play! I'm still high on pistol Pete (hopefully he's healthy after not playing for such a long time)

Okay, so now we have a viable "two deep" at every position.

PG -- Symir, Mintz, Girard, Copeland
SG -- Girard, Mintz, Taylor
SF -- Taylor, Bunch
PF -- Benny, Maliq
C -- Jesse, Hima, JBA

Yeah, but - STILL wish we'd go after a proven scoring Forward who wants 1 year in the spotlight.

Relying on 4 unproven players for 100% of the Forward minutes is terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom