Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

We may have to file an official appeal before he could sign a loi

Last edited:
I never have done administrative law work, but for those who have:
Can SU get an injunction for the potential irreperable harm the pending sanctions will bring WHILE the appeal is pending. (Likelihood of success on appeal or hearing being the burdwn of proof, I believe.) Recruiting does not take place in a vacuum, and signing day is approaching.

Anyone heard anything? Have we cut off contact at this point or are we still pursuing?

As of noon today the Bryant family has not heard from SU since the penalties announced. Does not sound like a good sign from SU side since they have reached out to both Moyer and Battle.

As of noon today the Bryant family has not heard from SU since the penalties announced. Does not sound like a good sign from SU side since they have reached out to both Moyer and Battle.
He was in Indiana all weekend

I actually wonder if like us SU needs to figure out exactly the what has to be done to be able to get Bryant.

We may gave to file an official appeal before he could sign a loi

If that is true, this can still be very interesting. I am not sure if SU would still pursue him, that may leave SU with 11 scholly players in 2016. Not sure if they want to deal with that. This sure makes the recruiting game more interesting.

Gary Battle said they haven't heard from SU since the NCAA sanctions went down.

Gary Battle said they haven't heard from SU since the NCAA sanctions went down.
In all fairness, they may not know what they can do yet. Plus, space for him hasn't been cleared. Or, we are out of the running.

They had to figure they were probably losing 2 scholarships a year over a 2-3 year period.

The third lost scholie could be the issue.

Given the schollie reductions, I'm wondering if the staff feels like they have to prioritize guards over bigs in the next few classes. We have Coleman, Chris Mc, Roberson and Chino. We can get by from a size perspective. Bryant was a nice-to-have. We've been forced to focus on need-to-haves (Battle, other 2016 guards).

I hope he knows that Crean might be looking for work by the end of this month.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that Thomas may somehow end up here. I expect some roster turn over and if what I am reading is correct once we officially file an appeal penalties are frozen during that process. I take that te mean we could of course then sign another player. Still Bryant coming may require a reduction in the ships lost by at least 1 per.

The best they could do last time was Crean so now they are running him out of town to replace him with whom?
This guy is available
images
images
images

Unfortunately it looks like we have been forced to move on. This is terrible. Most of us have been following Bryant since he was in 9th grade, assuming he would eventually be wearing a Syracuse jersey. Part of me is pissed he didn't commit earlier, but it's not his fault all this stuff happened.

Unfortunately it looks like we have been forced to move on. This is terrible. Most of us have been following Bryant since he was in 9th grade, assuming he would eventually be wearing a Syracuse jersey. Part of me is pissed he didn't commit earlier, but it's not his fault all this stuff happened.

beyond pissed. Its definitely not his fault... TB at the back of the zone would have been amazing! Ugh so angry! The culmination of CM getting hurt and returning, coupled with the NCAA stuff was the perfect storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom