Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Any way you cut this, even without Bryant 2 current guys have to be shed in order to fit Moyer and Battle in 2016 and not exceed 10 ships (and that already assumes CMc leaves after next season). Since I believe Battle is the top priority and they have committed to Moyer, it's going to be real interesting to see who those 2 departures are going to be. I'd speculate but I don't want a horde of angry people coming down on me--so I won't.

Any way you cut this, even without Bryant 2 current guys have to be shed in order to fit Moyer and Battle in 2016 and not exceed 10 ships (and that already assumes CMc leaves after next season). Since I believe Battle is the top priority and they have committed to Moyer, it's going to be real interesting to see who those 2 departures are going to be. I'd speculate but I don't want a horde of angry people coming down on me--so I won't.

I don't think it will be a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. If we are done pursuing Bryant I would think the chances of 3 transfers rises dramatically.

Looking at transfers, hopefully none for next year. But if current roster goes don't play next year maybe it is time! Hoping Obokoh gets his redshirt freshman year reinstated to give him more time to contribute.

Looking at transfers, hopefully none for next year. But if current roster goes don't play next year maybe it is time! Hoping Obokoh gets his redshirt freshman year reinstated to give him more time to contribute.

I was hoping they'd decide to dock him his remaining eligibility for being an excellent student. To each his own.

SU could be short big men in two years. CM will be gone and what says Coleman won't leave after next year. I think he stated that he could graduate next December and if wants to get more life out of his knees, he might consider moving on to the NBA or Europe. That would only leave us with Diagne. That would be the case if three are asked to transfer this summer.

SU could be short big men in two years. CM will be gone and what says Coleman won't leave after next year. I think he stated that he could graduate next December and if wants to get more life out of his knees, he might consider moving on to the NBA or Europe. That would only leave us with Diagne. That would be the case if three are asked to transfer this summer.

Keita would become part of the 16 class then or we luck out and get Giles.

Last edited:
Do any Syracuse University employees have 6-9 sons who also happen to be top 100 prospects? Because they could attend school tuition free and not need to be on athletic scholarship. :cool:

Suck it, NCAA!!!!!

Lets hire ms bryant, forge her employment records to reflect that she has the required term of service, and then tell the ncaa to gf itself.

Do any Syracuse University employees have 6-9 sons who also happen to be top 100 prospects? Because they could attend school tuition free and not need to be on athletic scholarship. :cool:

Suck it, NCAA!!!!!

I wish! When you start looking at numbers down the line 11 is so much more doable without disrupting things and without having to count on guys leaving early. 10 is pretty drastic for bball and it really handcuffs you if a kid get injured or just doesn't pan out as a high level D1 player. I do think with Joseph, Howard, Lydon and Diange we have 4 guys who should be around as a core for the next 3 years to fit the other moving pieces around. Malachi and Chris seem like guys who with their physical talents would be gone to the NBA after their first big season.

Last edited:
Thomas Bryant trying to figure out what Syracuse's NCAA sanctions mean for him (PS: Waters)

Syracuse is currently at the NCAA's limit of 13 scholarship players for the 2015-16 season. One current player would have to leave in order for Syracuse to have room for Bryant.

Even if that happens, it's unclear whether Syracuse would be allowed to sign Bryant.

The NCAA's penalties included a loss of scholarships: three a year for four consecutive years.

According to the NCAA's report, Syracuse can delay the start of the penalty until the 2016-17 season "if the institution has already executed athletically related financial aid agreements to prospective student-athletes for the 2015-16 academic year.''

The NCAA has not been able to clarify whether Syracuse could bring in an as yet-unsigned recruit for the 2015-16 season despite repeated inquiries.

Thomas Bryant trying to figure out what Syracuse's NCAA sanctions mean for him (PS: Waters)

Syracuse is currently at the NCAA's limit of 13 scholarship players for the 2015-16 season. One current player would have to leave in order for Syracuse to have room for Bryant.

Even if that happens, it's unclear whether Syracuse would be allowed to sign Bryant.

The NCAA's penalties included a loss of scholarships: three a year for four consecutive years.

According to the NCAA's report, Syracuse can delay the start of the penalty until the 2016-17 season "if the institution has already executed athletically related financial aid agreements to prospective student-athletes for the 2015-16 academic year.''

The NCAA has not been able to clarify whether Syracuse could bring in an as yet-unsigned recruit for the 2015-16 season despite repeated inquiries.
It's mind boggling that nobody has the answer if there is a way for SU to sign Bryant given the sanctions. Somebody in the AD or at the NCAA must know. Of course the last ones to know will be the local reporters.

It's mind boggling that nobody has the answer if there is a way for SU to sign Bryant given the sanctions. Somebody in the AD or at the NCAA must know. Of course the last ones to know will be the local reporters.

I'm sure that the NCAA would prefer us not to add a player at this point. And in fact, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the way they documented the this year vs. next year stipulation was designed to preclude us from landing Bryant specifically--because they seem that petty.

That said, their vague legalese has opened the door for us to potentially add him. And the NCAA runs the risk of having to apply new, interpretive penalties if they try to prevent us from bringing him in IF [and only if] a vacancy opens up on next year's squad due to a transfer.

Last edited:
That said, their vague legalese has opened the door for us to potentially add him.
the thing to remember is that the report we are reading is very clearly labeled as the Public Document. This indicates that there is an unreleased, non-public document that is richer in detail (such as naming names). That document is possibly much more clear in the details of the sanctions levied.

If Bryant himself is saying he doesn't know if he can sign with us, then I assume someone at SU (one of the coaches) talked to him and/or his mom and said that they don't know. I'm just a little perplexed here. To me, the wording of the sanctions report means that we could add another player... it says: Syracuse can delay the start of the penalty until the 2016-17 season "if the institution has already executed athletically related financial aid agreements to prospective student-athletes for the 2015-16 academic year.'' We have executed the agreements to four players. If someone transfers we'd still have a scholarship for Bryant to get to 13 and will be at the limit, pushing the scholarship reductions back a year like we are doing now anyway.

It doesn't say anything precluding us from adding someone else who hasn't executed the LOI. If someone transfers, we can add Bryant IMO. Now, if like moqui says, there is additional language precluding us from adding another player, then we are done. That's what I don't get, we would know if it does have that language. So why the cloak and dagger, especially to the momma Bryant and TB? The NCAA is really jerking us around. The Sub-Standard get the final word on this and if we are telling TB we don't know what the deal is...neither can SU?????:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
The fact that no one in the media has worked toward clarifying this is just absurdly frustrating to me. It seems like such a simple thing to start asking around about. Yet, here we are, with no one - including recruits - having any idea.

If Bryant himself is saying he doesn't know if he can sign with us, then I assume someone at SU (one of the coaches) talked to him and/or his mom and said that they don't know. I'm just a little perplexed here. To me, the wording of the sanctions report mean that we could add another player... it says: Syracuse can delay the start of the penalty until the 2016-17 season "if the institution has already executed athletically related financial aid agreements to prospective student-athletes for the 2015-16 academic year.''

It doesn't say anything precluding us from adding someone else who hasn't executed the LOI. If someone transfers, we can add Bryant IMO. Now, if like moqui says, there is additional language precluding us from adding another player, then we are done. That's what I don't get, we would know if it does have that language. So why the cloak and dagger, especially to the momma Bryant and TB? The NCAA is really jerking us around. The Sub-Standard get the final word on this and if we are telling TB we don't know what the deal is...neither can SU?????:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
Plus, if we appeal, the sanctions are put on hold and we all know that we are going to appeal. I think the Syracuse coaches told TB and his mom not to say anything yet. They must have their reasons. Maybe Syracuse really doesn't know the answers yet.

The fact that no one in the media has worked toward clarifying this is just absurdly frustrating to me. It seems like such a simple thing to start asking around about. Yet, here we are, with no one - including recruits - having any idea.

True but the Waters article clearly states that an effort has been made to get clarification--to no avail.

You would be wrong. I know for a fact that Waters has called the NCAA 3 times and they, incredible, won't answer that question. It's actually worse than I'm telling you. There is no straight answer to be had at this point.

True but the Waters article clearly states that an effort has been made to get clarification--to no avail.
Yeah, I misspoke - I meant that no one has been able to GET full clarification. It's mind blowing that it's being shrouded in so much friggin' secrecy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom