Caitlin Clark | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t put any of this as a race issue. The ex UConn stars like Taurasi and Stewart are just as big of a problem and have been bitter. It’s pretty similar to when Steph Curry started blowing up and the bronsexuals cried wolf.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. That makes it easy for me, I won't be watching women's basketball in the Olympics. The jealousy and pettiness of the established stars (Stewart included) is embarrassing. I guess they are not interested in growing their sport.
You watch. They will welcome Paige Bueckers with open arms next year because she’s a Husky. It’ll be all Paige, all the time. I’m very disappointed in Stewart tbh. My son used to work out with a bball trainer at the downtown Y on Saturday mornings, and Stewie would be there with her dad getting shots up. We talked to her a couple of times, and she was great. But to see her play this bs Husky Nation thing against Clark since the Elite Eight game just doesn’t sit well with me. Yeah, I’m just a voice on the internet, so I don’t count. But, I saw enough of the girls bball cliques in hs to make me sick, and I’m sure it’s 10 times worse at the professional level. Women can be so cruel to one another.

I mean, WTAF???!!!???
Reminds me of Larry Brown refusing to play Melo and Lebron in 2004 when they were by far the best scorers on that team. He hated rookies and decided to go down with that ship. Not saying we would have won the Gold that year, but we would have medaled. Carmelo was the best natural scorer on that team and proved it every time he was on the floor.

USA Basketball has some explaining to do. Hope the media brings up Clark’s name every chance they get.

I inquired about going to Albany, but the secondary market before they made it tto the regionals was already 4 figures.
My friend went to a Fever game, not the NCAA’s. And for him to drive all that way for a WNBA game says A LOT! He hates the WNBA. :) He decided to go because Clark was playing and his daughter’s favorite player was on the other team. No Caitlin, no road trip.

I wouldn’t put any of this as a race issue. The ex UConn stars like Taurasi and Stewart are just as big of a problem and have been bitter. It’s pretty similar to when Steph Curry started blowing up and the bronsexuals cried wolf.
And they have no reason to be bitter. They are great players and have had unmatched success. They should be the professionals and setting a positive example. I just don’t understand where the animosity comes from. They need to get over themselves.

Reminds me of Larry Brown refusing to play Melo and Lebron in 2004 when they were by far the best scorers on that team. He hated rookies and decided to go down with that ship. Not saying we would have won the Gold that year, but we would have medaled. Carmelo was the best natural scorer on that team and proved it every time he was on the floor.

USA Basketball has some explaining to do. Hope the media brings up Clark’s name every chance they get.
USA won the Bronze Medal in 2004, beating Lithuania in the 3rd place game.

But your basic point is correct--Larry Brown mismanaged his roster.

A little off topic but the posts about Jordan reminds me of a statement I heard from a coach. The only person who could control Michael Jordan from scoring was Dean Smith and his offense.

Smith was an "everybody scores 15 points" coach. So was JB, although he never had a Jordan. (He did have DC and Melo.)

I looked at the Olympic roster and I’m not sure she’s better than the other guards at this point in her career... I think the recent posts about lack of physicality are relevant especially in international ball. It’s a snub if you are looking to sell tickets, merchandise or trying to give the next generation a taste of international play.

Also Steph’s not a transcendent international player either.

I looked at the Olympic roster and I’m not sure she’s better than the other guards at this point in her career... I think the recent posts about lack of physicality are relevant especially in international ball. It’s a snub if you are looking to sell tickets, merchandise or trying to give the next generation a taste of international play.

Also Steph’s not a transcendent international player either.
You are correct about the physicality in international ball. Clark has a higher offensive efficiency % this year than either Diana Taurasi (who is 41 years old) or Kelsey Plum who has no Olympic experience and is a very so-so shooter. This would be Taurasi’s 6th Olympics so maybe she was chosen for that experience /leadership qualities. Plum is more of a distributor than an efficient scorer so perhaps they were looking for more of a facilitator. If any of the guards chosen mainly sit the bench, they should have added Clark instead to just get her the valuable experience if she thought that playing a more limited role would be a long term plus. She might benefit more working out on her own, letting her body recover from the rigors of the WNBA season to improve.???

You watch. They will welcome Paige Bueckers with open arms next year because she’s a Husky. It’ll be all Paige, all the time. I’m very disappointed in Stewart tbh. My son used to work out with a bball trainer at the downtown Y on Saturday mornings, and Stewie would be there with her dad getting shots up. We talked to her a couple of times, and she was great. But to see her play this bs Husky Nation thing against Clark since the Elite Eight game just doesn’t sit well with me. Yeah, I’m just a voice on the internet, so I don’t count. But, I saw enough of the girls bball cliques in hs to make me sick, and I’m sure it’s 10 times worse at the professional level. Women can be so cruel to one another.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. That makes it easy for me, I won't be watching women's basketball in the Olympics. The jealousy and pettiness of the established stars (Stewart included) is embarrassing. I guess they are not interested in growing their sport.
One of the “star” players on Dallas, a team drawing 5k per game, just said Clark’s fans should watch golf instead. These Dollar store divas are gonna get their wish soon. Back to Spirit airlines.

You are correct about the physicality in international ball. Clark has a higher offensive efficiency % this year than either Diana Taurasi (who is 41 years old) or Kelsey Plum who has no Olympic experience and is a very so-so shooter. This would be Taurasi’s 6th Olympics so maybe she was chosen for that experience /leadership qualities. Plum is more of a distributor than an efficient scorer so perhaps they were looking for more of a facilitator. If any of the guards chosen mainly sit the bench, they should have added Clark instead to just get her the valuable experience if she thought that playing a more limited role would be a long term plus. She might benefit more working out on her own, letting her body recover from the rigors of the WNBA season to improve.???
Clark has international experience with two golds in U18 play.

Mainstream sports and general news media did fans a disservice by framing the story as Clark “being left off the team” (which implies she deserved a spot) rather than her failing to earn a spot, which is what actually happened.

OMG they just left her off the 3 on 3 team too. In favor of Haile VanLith, who Clark smoked at both Louisville and LSU.
Olympic level hatred.
Do high level pros play in the 3 on 3 deal? The US team seems to have Jimmer Fredette

Mainstream sports and general news media did fans a disservice by framing the story as Clark “being left off the team” (which implies she deserved a spot) rather than her failing to earn a spot, which is what actually happened.
She's not one of the best 15 American players in the league. I understand her impact to the game but on the court she didn't deserve it.

I mean…Laettner made the dream team.
They wanted to maintain the connection to the Olympic hoops "amateur" model. Right through the 1988 Games, the USA sent college kids to represent us. But JohnThompson's team got beat, so they decided it was time to take off the gloves.

Four college players were invited to try out--Laettner, Shaq, Mourning, and Jim Jackson. Laettner was by far the most accomplished collegian--he had handled Shaq and Mourning head-to-head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom