Caitlin Clark | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Angel Reece club her in the head on a drive to the basket.
This anti-white racism, and I guess anti-straight bias against her, too, has gone too far. The WNBA is ruining its product. You can't watch this stuff without thinking it's the Detroit Pistons on the 1980s. Reminds me of all the racism surrounding the Larry Bird v. Magic Johnson debates in the '80s.

This is so dumb. That’s a foul that happens almost nightly in the NBA. The player is going for a block and hits the player in the head. It happens.

Clark agrees

This is so dumb. That’s a foul that happens almost nightly in the NBA. The player is going for a block and hits the player in the head. It happens.

Clark agrees

Agree I read the headline thinking I'd really see something..... but nothing to see. I agree exactly with your assessment. And this is coming from someone who also cheers for Iowa because my dad went to school there.

Has she ever proven she can play in a true team environment, where she’s not option A, B & C? Do we want the Olympics to be the time we unleash her 5.5 TOs per game?
How many players on an Olympic team are not option A?

Clark agrees

What else is she going to say? In the end, she played the better game and her team won.

Angel knew what she was doing and who she was doing it to. But that said, it’s just a flagrant foul. Everyone will live.

WNBA should be so thrilled with all of this. I even just made a WNBA post for I believe the first time ever. This sh** is groundbreaking.

Leadership at the NFL and NBA wouldn't tolerate repeated cheap shots being taken at their most marketable players. Unless the WNBA addresses this quickly , which could be already happening behind the scenes, the league will go back to being irrelevant to the great majority of sports fans.
Btw I doubt very much that many people think the women's game should match the physicality of the NBA.

Clark agrees

This was clearly a dirty play by Reese. And let’s be real, if Donnie Freeman goes up for a layup and gets clubbed in the head like that this fall the response on this message board will be apoplectic, you included.

This was clearly a dirty play by Reese. And let’s be real, if Donnie Freeman goes up for a layup and gets clubbed in the head like that this fall the response on this message board will be apoplectic, you included.
Correct. It was a dirty basketball play. Hence, the flagrant foul. Again, it happens frequently in NBA and College games.

My commentary was in regards to that Reese's decision to foul was race related. It's idiotic. They were playing basketball. She took a swipe. This wasn't close to the 1st situation where she was hipchecked out of the play and then called b11tch. That was egregious. This wasn't.

Pretty simple if you view these plays without an agenda

Last edited:
What else is she going to say? In the end, she played the better game and her team won.

Angel knew what she was doing and who she was doing it to. But that said, it’s just a flagrant foul. Everyone will live.

WNBA should be so thrilled with all of this. I even just made a WNBA post for I believe the first time ever. This sh** is groundbreaking.
Some here wanted her to say "She fouled me because I'm white.

My point was it's a flagrant foul. They were playing basketball. What's the big deal?

I've made my POV clear on CC and how the WNBA is doing no favors for her.

This one was a basketball play we see frequently throughout the NBA season if you actually watch basketball

Did Dillon Brooks hit Lebron James because he hates America? Makes you think.

Does Joel Embiid hate mixed race couples?

Don't know these players? So can't say what the reason was here

Last edited:
Correct. It was a dirty basketball play. Hence, the flagrant foul. Again, it happens frequently in NBA and College games.

My commentary was in regards to that Reese's decision to foul was race related. It's idiotic. They were playing basketball. She took a swipe. This wasn't close to the 1st situation where she was hipchecked out of the play and then called b11tch. That was egregious. This wasn't.

Pretty simple if you view these plays without an agenda

You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth here. You initially say “the player was going for the block but missed and hit her in the head. It happens.” But then in the next comment you say “it was a dirty basketball play.”

Either she was making a legitimate attempt on the basketball or it was a dirty play. It can’t be both.

You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth here. You initially say “the player was going for the block but missed and hit her in the head. It happens.” But then in the next comment you say “it was a dirty basketball play.”

Either she was making a legitimate attempt on the basketball or it was a dirty play. It can’t be both.

Fair, let me clarify. It was dirty because of the rules that have been put into place post concussion reality.

I believe she was going for a block. I believe her decision to continue with the swipe was dirty per NBA rules.

It wasn't intentional or else it would have got a Flagrant 2.

Fair, let me clarify. It was dirty because of the rules that have been put into place post concussion reality.

I believe she was going for a block. I believe her decision to continue with the swipe was dirty per NBA rules.

I understand your viewpoint here. I personally disagree with it, but see where you’re coming from.

It wasn't even close. She made no play at all on the ball. She was literally head hunting.

I told my daughter today what I said in my post above: just because Reece (and others) are black, it doesn't mean their actions can't be racially motivated (and motivated by envy of all the press for the white girl).

People won't watch much longer if they don't protect players from physical assault during games. And to think that last year's women's NCAA championship game was higher rated than the World Series or the NCAA football or basketball championship game.

The WNBA is about to blow a big opportunity to become a major sport if they don't stop this immediately.

I understand your viewpoint here. I personally disagree with it, but see where you’re coming from.
I disagree with it as well. First, it's the WNBA, not the NBA. What happens every day in the NBA isn't really relevant. Does this type of action happen every day in the WNBA? I have no idea. I won't watch the WNBA, Clark or no Clark. I think the crap that Clark is being hit with is part and partial of a lot of factors. That she is white is one of them. That she is straight is one of them. That she is making a bunch of money is probably the biggest one. It's funny because at the end of the day, Clark is good for all of them.

It wasn't even close. She made no play at all on the ball. She was literally head hunting.

I told my daughter today what I said in my post above: just because Reece (and others) are black, it doesn't mean their actions can't be racially motivated (and motivated by envy of all the press for the white girl).

People won't watch much longer if they don't protect players from physical assault during games. And to think that last year's women's NCAA championship game was higher rated than the World Series or the NCAA football or basketball championship game.

The WNBA is about to blow a big opportunity to become a major sport if they don't stop this immediately.

Agreed it was absolutely a dirty play. Not sure if it was racially motivated. Reece is likely the only one who knows for sure.

I disagree with it as well. First, it's the WNBA, not the NBA. What happens every day in the NBA isn't really relevant. Does this type of action happen every day in the WNBA? I have no idea. I won't watch the WNBA, Clark or no Clark. I think the crap that Clark is being hit with is part and partial of a lot of factors. That she is white is one of them. That she is straight is one of them. That she is making a bunch of money is probably the biggest one. It's funny because at the end of the day, Clark is good for all of them.

There are folks on this board who are completely dismissing the possibility that the dirty plays on Clark are racially motivated. I’m not sure if they are, but I think it’s short-sighted for people to rule it out. You have prominent members of the media saying that Clark’s popularity is largely due to her being white. That certainly could make some black players pissed off.

Also, the whole “Clark’s popularity has to do with her being white” is absurd. First of all, the most popular basketball players of all time were essentially all black (MJ, LeBron, Magic). And black athletes like Tiger Woods and Serena Williams boosted the popularities of their respective sports substantially despite being previously dominated by white athletes.

It was a dumb flagrant foul swinging her arm recklessly like she did, but it was called correctly. Reese was lucky that her swing was so late that Clark evaded a full out blow. It was a dumb foul on her part. I actually watched the game and just thought it was a stupid attempt to block Clark’s shot when that play occurred - Reese was already beaten on the play. Reese is foul prone enough without such reckless attempts and she’s hurting her own team by using such poor judgement. She has committed 27 fouls in her last 6 games with 5 fouls in 4 of them.

As I pretty much mentioned above, that's how I saw it. I think Clark has had to put up with a lot of unnecessary and unfair crap so far, but I don't see this as the most egregious example.

It's this. She's making more money than a lot of them ever did or will.

I think the whole argument that hard fouls or unkind words are racially and/or sexually motivated are ludicrous.

Clark agrees

She missed the ball by a couple feet. She's either a terrible bb player, or she saw the ball was blocked and decided to whack Clark in the head instead.

I'm a Reese fan, but this isn't even close to a close call. It was intentional.

I disagree. It's all part of the package. Reese even called her a white girl.
So, no one has ever called anyone a white girl before? That does not make anyone inherently racist. And certainly doesn't mean that this foul was racially motivated.

I think she is not a shot blocker and hacks picking up fouls each game, way too much. She’s not playing smart on defense at all. Reese averages .2 blocks per game in the WNBA so blocking shots sure isn’t a real defensive talent of hers. Heck Clark despite being 3 inches shorter averages 1.0 blocks per game. If I was her coach, I’d rip her for committing a crucial foul at a very crucial time in the game by a foul prone player on a lame low percentage attempt to block a shot after being beaten to the spot by taking a swipe from behind. Reese is a real force on the boards but takes herself out of games by dumb fouls. She needs to control her emotions in games and use better judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom