Caitlin Clark | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Caitlin Clark

As previously discussed I think Clark will be making more money as a pro compared to staying one more year at Iowa
Maybe. She could have signed the same deals if in school, and would have a bigger audience.

Maybe. She could have signed the same deals if in school, and would have a bigger audience.
You already know what the audience for her WNBA games is going to be?

Seems there is a union of haters from the pro Angel Reese crowd, who justified her You Can't See Me moment', & the now just flat out jealousy from some WNBA talking heads who by and large played at UConn.

Disappointing.

It's a good time to pay attention. They are all showing their true colors.

To be fair, it seems even Bayou Barbie gives CC her flowers now. Wish her followers would do the same.

I mean, they aren't being asked to idolize her. All they have to do is acknowledge her and the new supporters she is bringing to the table.

She is a tide that will raise many boats.

I was listening to Doug Gottlieb predicting Clark is comparable to Jimmer Fredette (apparently their college shooting percentages are similar), and she would struggle in the WNBA the way Fredette did in the NBA. As much of a dink as Dougie is, it was the first critical analysis I’ve heard that had some legitimate attempt at analysis behind it.

I was listening to Doug Gottlieb predicting Clark is comparable to Jimmer Fredette (apparently their college shooting percentages are similar), and she would struggle in the WNBA the way Fredette did in the NBA. As much of a dink as Dougie is, it was the first critical analysis I’ve heard that had some legitimate attempt at analysis behind it.
Shooting percentages are one thing to compare. The flaw with his argument is it doesn’t factor in Fredette was an undersized shooting guard. Clark is a 6’ point guard (average to slightly above average size in wnba) with elite passing to go with her amazing shooting range.

Shooting percentages are one thing to compare. The flaw with his argument is it doesn’t factor in Fredette was an undersized shooting guard. Clark is a 6’ point guard (average to slightly above average size in wnba) with elite passing to go with her amazing shooting range.

Whoever is on the show with Doug was making the “devil’s advocate” point their games are totally different, which shows in the stats since Clark had double the assists per game. That’s part of why that segment caught my attention, they did a great job framing the discussion in a way they can revisit during the WNBA season.

That might be more valid if she was a one dimensional player. She’s a great passer, has great court vision and is a very good rebounder for her size and position. She averaged 9 assists and 7 rebounds per game. Her range is excellent but her 3 point stats are very good but not really stellar - .378. However she mixes it up with excellent drives to the basket on 2 pointers - 57% this past year and 55% for her career. For a guard that’s very good. She’s not going to score like she did in college, no way she’ll average over 20 field goal attempts a game in the WNBA. It’s her versatility that impresses me. No doubt great defense will affect her shooting but she has a number of ways to help her team win. Both UConn and S. Carolina played her tough defensively in the NCAA’s but she found ways to impact the game, help her team and in the WNBA, if defenses key on stopping her, it will give her teammates space and opportunities to shine. It should be interesting, she has a high basketball IQ and over time, if hopefully injuries don’t impact her, she will figure out various ways to make her team better with her diverse skill set.

CC also played in a legit P5 conference against other players who will continue at the next level.

Adidas offered 4 years 6 mil Lolololol.

This investment by Nike is a slam dunk, women's basketball and sports in general are being watched more and more and the growth has been huge the past few years. I'm not saying this is MJ ot Tiger, but I think when it's all said and done, she'll probably be one of their largest earners. If they gave her 100 mil I wouldn't have batted an eye. Dudes and every girl who's a basketball fan will have her shoes, and we'll all look back and laugh at the peanuts they gave her. Good for her and the sport.

Adidas offered 4 years 6 mil Lolololol.

This investment by Nike is a slam dunk, women's basketball and sports in general are being watched more and more and the growth has been huge the past few years. I'm not saying this is MJ ot Tiger, but I think when it's all said and done, she'll probably be one of their largest earners. If they gave her 100 mil I wouldn't have batted an eye. Dudes and every girl who's a basketball fan will have her shoes, and we'll all look back and laugh at the peanuts they gave her. Good for her and the sport.

She should have been in the $100 mil range. Generational icon in a growing market. The world is hers.
That's where I was figuring around, I'm not close to and expert in the field but she has more buzz than anyone coming into the NBA/WNBA since LeBron. You also opened up 50% of an untapped marked all while easily having a strong hold of your current one. Look at little girls with Taylor Swift, they have so so so so so much buying power (through their parents). I'm assuming she'll be the best selling athlete for at least a couple of years.

That's where I was figuring around, I'm not close to and expert in the field but she has more buzz than anyone coming into the NBA/WNBA since LeBron. You also opened up 50% of an untapped marked all while easily having a strong hold of your current one. Look at little girls with Taylor Swift, they have so so so so so much buying power (through their parents). I'm assuming she'll be the best selling athlete for at least a couple of years.
Portnoy thinks so as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom