Can anyone tell me what just happened in St. Louis a few minutes ago? | Syracusefan.com

Can anyone tell me what just happened in St. Louis a few minutes ago?

Kansas State was assessed a technical foul for dunking during warmups.

Jerry Palm ‏@jppalmCBS 59s
So far in this tournament, we've had a technical foul for a name not in the score book and for dunking during warm ups #DOH

It is a stupid rule, why can't you dunk in warmups?

It's a dumb rule, but it's designed so you don't show up the other team by hotdogging.

I witnessed this at a University of Central Florida game vs Valparaiso during the regular season. The score was 2 or 3 to 0 with 20 minutes left in the 1st. It was certainly weird, but hey, the refs need simple rules to follow.

What period of time is considered official 'warm up' time? Because I've seen guys from Cuse throwing them down and guys from all teams yesterday in Buffalo were dunking at some point before their games.

It's a rule but my lord. The officiating across the board has been unreal. I'm surprised we haven't seen a T on a coach yet for being out of the box. That's a rule to.

Did the Nebraska coach get ejected tonight? And if so what was it about? I only saw bits. I saw him at the scorers table pointing and then I saw him walking down the tunnel? What the heck happened ?

What period of time is considered official 'warm up' time? Because I've seen guys from Cuse throwing them down and guys from all teams yesterday in Buffalo were dunking at some point before their games.
Don't know, but personally I think that's kinda silly the t I mean

It's a dumb rule, but it's designed so you don't show up the other team by hotdogging.

That makes no sense, I doubt the other team is going to care. No team getting ready for a game is going to be focusing on what the other team is doing in the layup line.

Orange46R said:

It's when the refs are on the floor.

well i've watched a lot of hoops and i don't ever recall a team being down on opening tip. especially in a tourney game.

pleez explain.

Something similar happened over 20 years to UNLV on Senior Night.

They had 6 Seniors that season, and damned if Tark didn't have ALL 6 on the court to begin the game.

UNLV was assessed a bench technical, and the other team was awarded FT's before the game even began.

UNLV ended up winning by 30 points anyways. :D

It's a rule but my lord. The officiating across the board has been unreal. I'm surprised we haven't seen a T on a coach yet for being out of the box. That's a rule to.

Did the Nebraska coach get ejected tonight? And if so what was it about? I only saw bits. I saw him at the scorers table pointing and then I saw him walking down the tunnel? What the heck happened ?

He was being a whiner. Nebraska was maybe getting the short end of the stick, but the first T I saw he was complaining about nothing.

well i've watched a lot of hoops and i don't ever recall a team being down on opening tip. especially in a tourney game.

pleez explain.
I don't recall when the rule came in but it was many years ago. I think it came about to lessen the risk of the backboard being broken before games, thus delaying the start of the game. Seems like the backboards might be less fragile now so maybe the rule should be dropped.
Obviously, the board could be broken during a game, but not much you can do about that.

I don't recall when the rule came in but it was many years ago. I think it came about to lessen the risk of the backboard being broken before games, thus delaying the start of the game. Seems like the backboards might be less fragile now so maybe the rule should be dropped.
Obviously, the board could be broken during a game, but not much you can do about that.

They used to call it in high school. Every time when I played.

I didn't think they ever called it in college - even though I knew it was the rule. I think they always do, they just don't ever hang on the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom