Can CBS stop with these awful camera angles? | Syracusefan.com

Can CBS stop with these awful camera angles?

Sometimes I think TV people know nothing about sports and so they do things they think are "cool". I also hate the shotclock cam and the under the basket cam on dunks.

All networks use those extra cameras since they pay for them but for basketball there is only one angle that works and that is center court up high. I agree stick with that one and use others for replays only.

Agreed ... I hated that, but did enjoy watching Dion's rainbow 2 towards the end of half. Couldn't see Dion or the ball or anything else, but then the ball comes looping across the screen diagnally in the hoop. For some reason it looked cool, but still would rather have seen the play develop. I think Scoop had a similar situation on one of his three's.

I am soooooooooooo with you on that. ESPN is just as bad. It's like they are attempting to see what the limitations are to having the camera actually be on the game in such a fashion as to make it impossible to see what the frig is going on.

Agree! I think they feel they have to use those long range cameras to justify the fact they put them there. Stupid.

Sometimes they are not good, but lots of them are really good. For example, they showed a behind the back of Dion as he brought it up the court, and it was a great shot of what Dion sees as he brings it up the court. I would like to see more of these unique views.

but but but but it works for football.

typical CBS, so damn out of touch. NBA players commentating NCAA games, 10 minute TV timeouts, NFL camera angles.

worthless

Sometimes they are not good, but lots of them are really good. For example, they showed a behind the back of Dion as he brought it up the court, and it was a great shot of what Dion sees as he brings it up the court. I would like to see more of these unique views.
Boooooooo, get off the stage

Sideline, up high and that's it, please. Enough high wire cam, baseline cam, all this other crap.

I'm loving that shot. You really see how swarming our defense is.

Lol! I get so annoyed when they switch to those cameras, the games moves a to fast a rate to use them! Earlier in the game that camera kept getting in the way.

Terrible coverage is normal for CBS.

I had a girl in the bar who kept saying "what is that thing in the air?"

I did not realize what you meant in this post until I watched the replay of the game on the CBS College Sports Network. I was so wrapped up in the game live that it could have been in black and white and I might not have noticed :)

The numerous camera angles did distract from the viewing. Come on CBS, this is not a video game - give us the normal consistent angle!

Let's Go Orange!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom