Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season

We need Texas or Tennessee as wins to get into the tourney. Both would be lock city but one I think we have to get.

Yes, and those intersectional games seemed to have gained too much sway (in my opinion) on how entire conferences are ranked against each other, as if playing good team in your own league is discounted.

I haven't understood the ACC being called the 5th, 6th or 7th best conference these past few years, when we keep getting Sweet 16 and Final Four teams.

Yes, and those intersectional games seemed to have gained too much sway (in my opinion) on how entire conferences are ranked against each other, as if playing good team in your own league is discounted.

I haven't understood the ACC being called the 5th, 6th or 7th best conference these past few years, when we keep getting Sweet 16 and Final Four teams.
There were 16 teams in the conference. Sure the ACC had strong teams at the top who did well in the NCAA. but I think the drop off after that was steeper than it was in other conferences. Like saying Arnold Schwarzenegger and I combined to bench 600 lbs so "we" are really strong,

Hard to argue. If you’re another fanbase there isn’t much on this roster that scares you.
I have to admit I'm not really feeling it with this team either. Freeman is highly rated but you just never know with a freshman and I'm just not sure about Carlos stepping up to the Power 4 level. Starling needs to be more consistent and Bell needs a more well-rounded game. Obviously hope I'm wrong, but I can see where Gary gets that ranking, especially since all of our questions haven't been answered positively in recent years.

I have to admit I'm not really feeling it with this team either. Freeman is highly rated but you just never know with a freshman and I'm just not sure about Carlos stepping up to the Power 4 level. Starling needs to be more consistent and Bell needs a more well-rounded game. Obviously hope I'm wrong, but I can see where Gary gets that ranking, especially since all of our questions haven't been answered positively in recent years.
I think this is a year that we are definitely hoping for the whole to be greater than the sum of its parts. It seems like that is what the staff is all in on.