Can we pin this nice recruiting chart from Philawolf | Syracusefan.com

Can we pin this nice recruiting chart from Philawolf

I saw this same one, not our recruiting tho. I think some ACC guy made it, can't really remember it. I first saw it on the boneyard.

I saw this same one, not our recruiting tho. I think some ACC guy made it, can't really remember it. I first saw it on the boneyard.
Yes, i believe it was maintained by a NC State fan.

It would be nice if someone could edit to put players in their proper positions (e.g. MCW as a PG, not a 2G).

Hey Orange,

I've been busy updating the other 270 D1 school rosters that are not in a BCS conference, but I'm done and now I'm back.

I just updated MCW to PG not 2G, let me know if there are others that need their position changed. I may have to get an override in place for players like Carter-Williams, as ESPN, Rivals, and Scout all listed him as a 2G coming out of HS, and my system uses their positions to "vote" to determine what position the player should be assigned. So he may revert back to a 2G tomorrow, but I'll work on getting something permanent in place.

Hey Orange,

I've been busy updating the other 270 D1 school rosters that are not in a BCS conference, but I'm done and now I'm back.

I just updated MCW to PG not 2G, let me know if there are others that need their position changed. I may have to get an override in place for players like Carter-Williams, as ESPN, Rivals, and Scout all listed him as a 2G coming out of HS, and my system uses their positions to "vote" to determine what position the player should be assigned. So he may revert back to a 2G tomorrow, but I'll work on getting something permanent in place.

I understand that you were probably using their HS position as the basis for your post, but as you know, most college programs try to mold a player into a different position (a HS center is often only a PF in college, for instance). And I also recognize that you've got a lot of schools that you are profiling, but I'm shocked that you're doing every school (or almost every school) in Division 1. That's awesome. And hugely time consuming. Thanks for coming over here to post. Appreciate your efforts.

Hey Orange,

I too echo IthacaMatt thanks for doing this. And like he said VERY time consuming. Keep up the good work. Come talk college hoops with us some time.

I understand that you were probably using their HS position as the basis for your post, but as you know, most college programs try to mold a player into a different position (a HS center is often only a PF in college, for instance). And I also recognize that you've got a lot of schools that you are profiling, but I'm shocked that you're doing every school (or almost every school) in Division 1. That's awesome. And hugely time consuming. Thanks for coming over here to post. Appreciate your efforts.

You're very welcome, and you're correct all 344 D1 schools is definitely a lot more work than I would thought it would be.

As for positions, I totally understand, we have a former shooting guard running point for us as well in Lorenzo Brown (and did a great job of it last season). I will need to put an override in place for players once they hit college so that their position isn't overridden when my system does it nightly checks. I'll let you know when I've put the fix in place.

I will need to put an override in place for players once they hit college so that their position isn't overridden when my system does it nightly checks. I'll let you know when I've put the fix in place.

I put the override in place, and updated Michael Carter-Williams' position to Point Guard.

That should do it, but let me know if for some reason, he starts showing up as a Shooting Guard again on the Syracuse chart.

Edit: Added the "-" to MCW's name.

Nice job, Wolf. Lots of fields to plug into -- quite a bit of work. Question: when does your system convert over to the 2012-13 season?

Hey Orange,

Great work, thanks!

Nice job, Wolf. Lots of fields to plug into -- quite a bit of work. Question: when does your system convert over to the 2012-13 season?

Thanks. It should be converted over now. It converted on July 1st. I think next year I'm going to have it flip over right after the Final Four.

Tyler Ennis needs a Light Green (VC)

I had some issues last month with my feeds, they appear to be all caught up now though. Let me know if there is a lag of more than a day or so on commits moving forward. It's probably quickest to message me via the Syracuse page, as it gets sent directly to my email, and I've been a bit too busy of late to check all the boards.

Didn't Hoffman & Lyde-Cajuste get a scholarship for the year? If so, they would be FWO.

Now that we have this awesome new forum, I think this should be tacked.

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/syracuse

Taking a look at UConn, just out of curiosity, to see how they're doing under Kevin Ollie so far. Daniel Hamilton is a nice talent at 2G for 2014, but I wonder how in the world they have over 50 offers out to the next 2 classes. How do you manage that, when you have between 6 and 8 targets at most positions, at this point after the summer is over? They have 5 open spots on their roster and with over 50 offers out there, they've got 1 guy? Wow. That's pretty much an offer for every kid from the northeast who makes anybody's top 100 list in the next two classes. Maybe Kevin Ollie hasn't figure out this recruiting thing, after all. He did get them to play hard last year. I wonder if he's going to miss George Blaney this year.

Taking a look at UConn, just out of curiosity, to see how they're doing under Kevin Ollie so far. Daniel Hamilton is a nice talent at 2G for 2014, but I wonder how in the world they have over 50 offers out to the next 2 classes. How do you manage that, when you have between 6 and 8 targets at most positions, at this point after the summer is over? They have 5 open spots on their roster and with over 50 offers out there, they've got 1 guy? Wow. That's pretty much an offer for every kid from the northeast who makes anybody's top 100 list in the next two classes. Maybe Kevin Ollie hasn't figure out this recruiting thing, after all. He did get them to play hard last year. I wonder if he's going to miss George Blaney this year.

No real conference no real TV deal no real hope...Uconn is a mid major now and not a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom